lethargic_dog

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey! This website has helped me out a lot. I've only had RMVX Ace for two days. I have near to twenty maps, since I decided to get them done before inputting any events. However- in the first scene, it's raining. One of the NPC's is kidnapped by the hooded 'Evil' pixel person, on horseback.

What my questions are, are:

-How do I make two NPC interact with each other, generally?

-For example: If there were to be a bar fight, how would I animate the multiple NPC arguing or fighting with each other?

-How do you use Custom (Move Route) to the fullest?

I've got a very good understanding of switches, but not of variables. I AM pretty dense- so a break down of how to go through with this would be obviously incredibly helpful. I don't mind if it takes time and dedication, that's the point of making a good RPG game! I've had experience before with game makers, but sadly, they weren't as elaborate as RMVX. 

Thank you for reading!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The best way to learn variables is probably the variables guide - a tutorial game that is also linked in my starting point. Just follow the link in my signature.

events never interact with each other, not even when they pretend to be NPCs and in a cutscene.

Instead, you have one controlling event that contains all show text and all set move routes for the entire cutscene. You just have to target the set move route commands at different events (drop-down-list top left)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Took a while, but finally released an update to my game. Now to see if anyone buys it :')
Doing RPG Maker News for this week (January 21st - 27th, 2022)
practice drawing start with duck :guffaw: 64*64010.PNG
FREE puzzle generator in steam workshops. It will randomly generate countless puzzles.
If you have the steam version of MV, you can see how I made the puzzles and freely copy/paste the events into your own project.

I might add more generators to the steam workshop in the future.

Enjoy!

Hit the ground running! first day back and got ALOT of things going and even have a bunch of fresh ideas on how to tackle old problems!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ponely