Eledyan: Tower of Enigmas

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Flare Gear, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Flare Gear

Flare Gear Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    [​IMG]
     ​
    PRESENTS:
     ​
    [​IMG]

Introduction

Eledyan: Tower of Enigmas is the very first game I’ve managed to finish. As it is the first project, I went with the idea of making a dungeon crawler game with a short gameplay duration (about 1-2 hours) so as to allow everyone to play in their free time without sacrificing their social life! (Actually, that was the idea!).  I’m planning to do a potential sequel to Eledyan, improving and acquiring more experience on RPG Making… I started recently with it! (You could call it “being newbie”!)

Story

In a faraway continent within a parallel world, there is great realm, where civilization and nature coexist in a perfect harmony. Eledyan is the name of this realm!

One day, the Eledyan Gem, icon of prosperity for all inhabitants in the realm, was stolen by creature rather mischievous as well as evil... The Mirage Dragon! A monster that disguised as a silver-skin human.

Among all its features for which it was famous, the Mirage Dragon had a great fondness of jigsaws. Due to this, this monster established in the realm, building a Tower within its territory. The Mirage Dragon launched an unusual challenge: if at least one human would have reached the highest floor in the Tower, the Eledyan Gem would be returned at its place. For such challenge, 10 attempts was issued, anyway 9 of those resulted as failures...

Totally aware that failing the last attempt would had brought to the end of the realm, the Prince of Eledyan summoned 3 talented people for the quest:  the best of his knights, an wanderer with an expertise in treasure hunting and a wood scholar with a great knowledge.

This unusual trio was the last hope for the realm! Without any doubt, the heroes headed to the Mirage Dragon's Tower...

so, the final quest had begun!

Characters

The Knight (Default name: Elixyer) – he is a young soldier at the service of the Prince of Eledyan with a great sense of justice. His best mastery is defense. He can’t use magic.

The Wanderer (Default name: Alysea) – the only woman in the party. She’s well known in the realm for her activities as a Treasure Hunter and for her bravery. Indeed your main damage dealer, with a bit of knowledge of magic

The Scholar (Default name: Ryuga) – officially the party’s leader. He usually lives in woods like every higher-human of the realm (those elves-alike like him!), only to travel in case of need. While physical damaging it’s his weak point, he’s quite knowledgeable of magic.

The Mirage Dragon (the main antagonist) – it’s a mischievous creature who disguises as a silver-skin human. It’s quite known for its love for jigsaws, to the extent of building the Tower of Enigmas in different realms with the purpose to challenge the human. No one had ever managed to reach it at the top of its tower, thus meaning in the extinction of several realms. Now it is threating the realm of Eledyan with its mortal challenge!

Features

• 1-2 hours of Gameplay
    • You can rename the characters to your heart’s content
    • Customized Menu and Battle scenes
    • Limited levels and simple parameters (like in some board games)
    • No random encounters – Enemies comes at you and don’t re-spawn after death
    • Auto-recovery after each battle, MP Recovery during battle (both characters and monsters)
    • Five floors, each with a quest/jigsaw to solve in order to proceed
    • Only 3 (nomad) merchants, whose goods availability updates with the growth of your party
    • Treasures provide different rewards according with the growth of you party
    • 15+ monsters (with Bestiary)
    • Original Soundtrack
    • Limited item capacity

Screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Storyboard

FlareGear Interactive

Graphics

Enterbrain

Kadokawa Games

Yanfly

FlareGear Interactive (editing and original contents)

Audios

Soundtrack – FlareGear Interactive (credited as “Joey Giuliana” as it is my artist name as music producer)

Other sounds – Enterbrain, Kadokawa Games

Plugins by:

FlareGear Interactive – yeah, I’ve made some myself for this project

DISCLAIMER ABOUT THE “FGI” PLUGINS: In case you find them, you’re allowed to use them in both Commercial and Non-Commercial projects, but don’t Claim them as yours! Credit me (FlareGear Interactive) whether you use at least one of them!

Yoji Ojima – Enemy Book, Alternative Menu and Alternative Save

Yanfly – Core Engine, Menu Manager, Message Core, Battle Engine Core, X Action Seq Pack 1 & 2, Taunt, Victory Aftermath, Equip Core, Auto Passive States and Region Restriction

Atreyo Ray – Exit command and Command Icon

Rexal – Animated Enemies

SkottyTV & DragonPC – Edited Enemy Book

Kentou – Parallax Smoothing

Tor Damian Design / Galenmereth – Fluid Timestep

Soulpour777 – Splashscreen Scene (a little edited by me to include the “Action” keyboard handler as original was made to act only with mouse interaction)

Changelog

Fixed the last issues in traslation at fourth floor. Thanks Nirwanda for reporting the last Italian sentences! :)

Download

Installer (Dropbox)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hozggwrkuxxxe63/Eledyan-TOE-Eng-Setup.exe?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  2. Nirwanda

Nirwanda Procrastimancer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is a pretty neat dungeon crawler, I'm liking its nuanced simplicity, also the soundtrack is great. A couple of things:

- Elixyer's taunt doesn't seem to be 100% effective, I still had Alysea get hit once while it was up

- There is a small bug with the remember cursor position option, whenever I use Alysea's techs, the next turn the cursor will be over spells instead of techs.

Still, great work, and very fun. :)

Flare Gear likes this.
  3. Flare Gear

First Language:
    Italian
    Thanks for your feedback! :)

I'm glad you liked the soundtrack

I'll try to revise both flaws!

4. Nirwanda

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, I've progressed quite a bit (the game is a little on the easy side) and I've gotten up to the door puzzle in the technological zone, but I can't seem to solve it.

I've got three clues: first number represents integrity (what?...0 and 8 are round, that kind of feels like integerity to me? :p ),think on the greek letter delta for the third number (it kind of looks like a 0 or a 5?), the numbers don't repeat; also the dragon gave me a hint, but I don't know if the text auto skipped or I accidentally did, but I couldn't read it. So, I'm pretty stumped.
    Also, The chest just below the east computer has its text written in italian.

5. Flare Gear

First Language:
    Italian
    The hint Mirage Dragon gives is actually about password being of 3 digits and that other hints are in the computers...

About the chest in italian, I missed it when it came to translation (I started the game development in my native language!) and I'll provide to fix it right away!

About the Integrity hint, think of a number that ideologicaly resemble it (non by shape), and about Delta hint... it's more about shape! ;) I cannot help further than this!

PS: did you encounter the punisher at least once at third floor? :)

6. Nirwanda

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I... Am confused! >_<

Yeah, I did find punisher, I had to guess the question about the number that can also be a letter.

EDIT:- Tried everything i could think of, still have no idea :/

- The blocked door next to the keypad also has its text in italian

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
    Flare Gear likes this.
  7. Flare Gear

First Language:
    Italian
    If this would help you a bit, 0 is not on the password at all! I suppose the hint on integrity is more likely to be understand by Italians as me... well a concept that would help you about that hint on integrity is the total opposite of being in pieces! As for delta, figure it out how one of it's glyphs is written.

EDIT: well, it's official that fourth floor is giving me some translation troubles! Thanks for noticing this... I'll fix it this as well!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  8. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

Hey, I tried your game!  I was really interested in this, as I've thought of making a dungeon crawler type of game like this myself for a while.

-The music is great, and the visuals are great.  I really enjoyed the aesthetic of the game.

-The stats could be clearer; I suggest not taking away the Status page.  It's not clear from the main menu screen which numbers and icons represent attack, def, magic, etc....I had to go to the Equip screen to get accurate information about the characters.

-The themes of the characters could be more clearly defined.  Because the 2nd character had magic, I assumed she was a mage type...but she actually has the highest attack of all the characters, so I didn't realize her regular attacks would also be strong until I saw she learned the Double Attack tech.  I would change Scholar Wanderer etc. into more traditional, clearly identified classes.

-I HATED the mimics.  I really don't agree with your design choice here, and would urge you to change it.  For one thing, there is no way to tell whether or not a treasure chest is legitimate or a "trap." so there's no counterplay.  Secondly, the mimics are incredibly strong - unless you manage to get him to attack the wanderer first, he will one-shot your scholar and then it's game over because without the scholar's thunder spell, you won't be able to kill it.  This honestly was what made me stop playing on just the 2nd floor.  Even though I liked so much about the rest of the game, I didn't want to waste my time having to constantly save and reload (which i already had to do on the 1st floor) to make sure i didn't run into one of these.

-The Guardian of the first floor should've been more difficult, imo.   He hit for very little damage and died after only a few turns.  I would double his HP and increase his damage by 1.

-Watch for the spelling and grammar errors, especially in the beginning.  I know English might not be your first language, but get someone to fix them for you.  It's a big turn-off, especially in the intro.

So overall, I think your game has a lot of potential and there were aspects I truly loved (the music and the visuals), but I am discouraged from playing on because of a few design choices, notably the treasure mimics...the combination of them being both completely unpredictable, and extremely overpowered.  

9. Flare Gear

First Language:
    Italian
    Thanks for your feedback! :) It will be useful for improving this game!

10. ZeroGamer24

ZeroGamer24 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Okay, considering its a tower dungeon this is a pretty good game.  Now let me outline the pros and cons:

Pros:

Music - great original composing especially towards the end of the game with the transporting platforms before you fight the Mirage Dragon.

Dungeon Layout/Visuals - very diverse, expanded, and well put together for each floor.

Enemy Encounters - the fact that its not random and only occur when you make contact with them is ideal for big layout dungeons.

Cons:

Bosses: Fights are not challenging enough and are basically easy difficulty minus the final boss.

Item Use:  Barely use items in battle due to the fact that your party is restored to full at the end.

Skills:  While you concentrated mostly on the party for this, the enemies and bosses don't seem to have any unique skills just attack and double attack.  Work on making different skills for enemies in future games to make them interesting to fight.

Grammar:  Before you release a game next time get some one to proofread your stuff.  I see a good number of errors in your quizzes and character conversations.  Also be a little more detailed with your clues especially with guessing the password.  The third digit clue I got, but the first two were not sufficient enough to understand (had to go into the map script to get the answer).

Otherwise game was interesting to get me hooked on for a couple hours.  You get a 7/10 from me.  Improve on the cons for your next game and you will get a much more deserved rating.  Take care and happy RPG Making. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
    jonthefox likes this.
  11. Flare Gear

First Language:
    Italian
    Thanks for you feedback! :) I'll work on a v1.1 as soon as possible taking into account the Cons!

12. Alternis

Alternis Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Game was a lot of fun, however I had to give up on the fourth floor because I wasted an hour trying to figure out that door password you came up with. 

13. rduich

rduich Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    I really enjoyed playing this RPG and if you are making a new improved version with more floors I would love to play it

Pros:

-no respawns

-puzzles on every floor

-simple mechanics

-nice and clear story

-the 3 classes are good balanced

Possible improvements:

-make the enemies harder I didn’t use a single Potion/Item

-to tell the truth I had to look up the pw and I still can´t figure it out!!!

If anyone wants the password:

14. cyberwaffle

cyberwaffle cyberwaffle Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I am only an hour in but I am loving it so far great job!

I don't have time to finish it now but I'll finish it and keep you posted.

I love how you how everyone heals after the battle, and the simplicity of the battle system. The battle 

system is everything that I want to archive in my game and it has given me lots of ideas.

15. Flare Gear

First Language:
    Italian
    Hi Guys! I've discovered that a person (named Broflovski tv on Youtube and Snowy csgorage.com on Steam Greenlight!) has taken and claimed this release as his own! In Summary, it was stolen!