Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am unable to find a plugin allowing me to change the elemental attack of a weapon. For example, if a Fire Sword has fire as its element, how can I set the damage that element will do? Then, if the weapon is used against a monster with that elemental weakness, then the attack formula would be the total attack of that actor + elemental attack bonus against those weak to fire

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Give the weapon an Attack Element trait, then give the enemy an Element Rate trait that increases the damage done by that specific element.

For example, if you give a weapon an "Attack Element: Fire" trait, then add "Element Rate: 150%" to an enemy, that enemy will take 50% more damage from that weapon because he has a weakness to Fire. I can produce an image if you need one.

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Give the weapon an Attack Element trait, then give the enemy an Element Rate trait that increases the damage done by that specific element.

For example, if you give a weapon an "Attack Element: Fire" trait, then add "Element Rate: 150%" to an enemy, that enemy will take 50% more damage from that weapon because he has a weakness to Fire. I can produce an image if you need one.
Yeah, but how do I make it so certain fire weapons have stronger Fire elemental properties?

turbobumblepuppy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, but how do I make it so certain fire weapons have stronger Fire elemental properties?
I think you can do what Sword of Dusk has suggested in the Weapons tab of the Database. Find the weapon in the list, then select it and in the 'traits' section add the "Attack Element: Fire" option from the 'Element Rate' dropdown, then change the percentage to how effective you want it to be. After that, find the enemy in the database and add 'Element Rate' in the traits at the percentage that you want it to be affected. Is that what you were looking for?

I'm not so certain about this side myself, so am interested in finding out more as to how the parameters can be changed in different circumstances during battles. This is an interesting area and isn't clear at all from the general set-up. There are probably a few YouTube videos out there to explain more.

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you can do what Sword of Dusk has suggested in the Weapons tab of the Database. Find the weapon in the list, then select it and in the 'traits' section add the "Attack Element: Fire" option from the 'Element Rate' dropdown, then change the percentage to how effective you want it to be. After that, find the enemy in the database and add 'Element Rate' in the traits at the percentage that you want it to be affected. Is that what you were looking for?

I'm not so certain about this side myself, so am interested in finding out more as to how the parameters can be changed in different circumstances during battles. This is an interesting area and isn't clear at all from the general set-up. There are probably a few YouTube videos out there to explain more.
I've actually never noticed that. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. I didn't know a weapons elemental rate could be changed to be more effective than others of the same element haha... Thank you.

*Edit*
@turbobumblepuppy actually, Elemental Rate in weapons affects the rate at which the actor takes damage from that element. It doesn't actually make the weapon's element stronger

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Whenever I start on a new chapter, it doesn't feel like the next episodes, but more like sequels :)
It can be frustrating that so many commercial games have used up titles that might otherwise be great for a project.
Light up explosions with QABS and Community Lighting.
qcPQHt9.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epitaph78