KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly Engine Element Core: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Element_Core_(YEP)
For some odd reason whenever I try to use Amplify and Magnify in the state box it doesn't modify the damage. However, other features such as absorb work fine. Here's a screenshot of the notebox of the state where I want the Element rates to be modified.Elemental Lowering.PNG

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this helps but i got this off the page, under Magnify:

Code:
If a skill or item has multiple elements, the rate is increased additively for each element and adjusted multiplicatively with base rate. This bottoms out at 0%.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the solution is to use "Amplify" instead of "Magnify" if you want to use negative values.

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jenova Now that I think about it makes sense because the value remained unchanged.
@Frostorm I switched the text to "Amplify" and the value remained unchanged.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You made sure the skill/attack you're using has element 1 or 2 on it?

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes I made sure made sure Element 1 was on the attack before I tested this. I also tested an attack with Element 2 and the damage still wasn't modified. Did you ever run into this problem when using this plugin, I followed the tutorial from Yanfly's video and their help file to the T.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried it with a positive value instead?

Also, you applied the state to the attacker, not the defender right?

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried it with a positive value instead?

Also, you applied the state to the attacker, not the defender right?
This state is applied to the defender. I tried it with positive and it still didn't modify the damage.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This state is applied to the defender.
There's your problem. Element Magnify/Amplify is meant for the attacker. It adjusts the affected unit's dmg/heal output with a certain element. The defender should use Element Rates instead.

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's your problem. Element Magnify/Amplify is meant for the attacker. It adjusts the affected unit's dmg/heal output with a certain element. The defender should use Element Rates instead.
I always though adjusting Elemental Rate via states would set the character's immunity to that. Then I took a closer look and their is a multiply symbol so what you said is right. I guess I was overthinking this problem. Thanks for making realize how to use Elemental rates defensive the proper way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ksi
Looking forward to messing around with MZ when it comes out in little over a week. Anyone else amped? What's the first thing you're gonna look at/try to do?
by now, I think most people know that I hate misanthropic bad guys, but I realize one more reason I hate them so much is because the motive is easy and takes no thought to come up with. It's actually more challenging to create a villain that doesn't have that motive.
SOC
If the VisuStella videos are using the MZ RTP tilesets... I'm really disappointed. MV's look so much better. I hope it's easy to convert MV tiles to MZ.
If this thing end to be good enough, I'll be pleased to release it there for free (looong to be completed...).
And back. Trying to work online with no internet for 1.5 days was...interesting. I felt like a character in a old Sierra game trying to find internet due to all the hoops I had to jump through just to get online for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JibberJabber