Elemental Negation

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Element rates determine the multiplier effect on skill or item damage.

For example, if you have 200% element rate towards fire, any fire damage inflicted against you will be 200% effective, or double the damage.

Similarly, if you have 0% element rate towards fire, any fire damage inflifcted to you will be 0% effective, or result in no damage.

However, what happens if you have negative element rates? This means that you will actually absorb the damage! -100% element rate towards fire would mean you would absorb all of the damage, while -50% element rate means you would
absorb half of the damage.

This plugin allows you to specify negative element rates.

More information and downloads available at HimeWorks

Halrawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This, right here, is fantastic! So many options for states, enemies, and all sorts of fun stuff!

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yeah, this is pretty good.  Also, hopefully you'll have that use skill battle commands plugin soon, that sounds like something I can use to replace the weaponskill plugin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can these stack by addition instead of multiplication? What I mean is, if I have a piece of a equipment that gives a 200% element rate, but have a state with an element rate of -100%, would that cancel out the weakness?

Now that we have negative values, it is much easier to understand and track weaknesses and bonuses gained from equipment and states. Stacking by addition makes things so much simpler.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Can this also be used on consumable items to permanently increase a character's resistance vs a certain element or even state?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can these stack by addition instead of multiplication? What I mean is, if I have a piece of a equipment that gives a 200% element rate, but have a state with an element rate of -100%, would that cancel out the weakness?

Now that we have negative values, it is much easier to understand and track weaknesses and bonuses gained from equipment and states. Stacking by addition makes things so much simpler.
You would need a plugin that changed the way element rates are stacked.

Easiest way would be to add this to your project

Game_BattlerBase.prototype.elementRate = function(elementId) { return this.traitsSum(Game_BattlerBase.TRAIT_ELEMENT_RATE, elementId);};That would affect all elements, but I'm assuming that's what you want.
Can this also be used on consumable items to permanently increase a character's resistance vs a certain element or even state?
If you had a plugin that allowed you to permanently change an actor's traits or states.

I believe Shaz has a plugin that allows you to add/remove/change traits during the game using events.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flaminguex