Elemental weakness increase per hit (AKA a "chain")

Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So in FFRK (final fantasy record keeper) there's this pretty useful soul break type called chains and they "lower" the elemental resistance every hit up until it caps to either 99 or 200. It's simple. It goes something like this: Each hit a move does is +.1% damage. So if everyone works together to bring the damage up to 200% it'd be double the damage of that element. Is there a plugin that can help me do that?

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would do this in four steps:
1) Create an Elemental Break state for each element, using the States tab of your database
2) Add Yanfly's Buffs & States Core and Yanfly's Skill Core to your project
3) Use an After Eval Notetag to either add a state to the target of a skill, or increase the stacks if it already exists. For example, you'd use the Water Break state for any Water skill that you can use on an enemy. See below for what I believe is the correct notetag.
4) Use the number of Stacks of the Elemental Break state (on the target) in your damage formula. You can reference it using (b.getStateCounter(n) || 0) where n is the index of the state in your database. For example, multiplying your whole formula by * (1.00 + (0.01 * (b.getStateCounter(28) || 0))) should increase the damage by 1% for each stack of State #28 on the enemy you're hitting.

Notetag from Step 3 (replace n with the correct Elemental Break state's State ID):
<After Eval>
if (target.isStateAffected(n)) {
target.addStateCounter(n, 1);
} else {
target.addState(n);
target.setStateCounter(n, 1);
}
</After Eval>

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just saw one of SigmaSuccor's RPG Maker news videos, it mentioned one of my plugins. Now I kind of wish I'd made a demo project for it, having nothing in that segment but a scroll down the code feels a little underwhelming given what the plugin COULD do. Except I suck at making demo stuff, and my testing project isn't fit for that. :(
Ok, to prepare for the GMTK Game Jam, I'm trying to make a game with the theme "The Cat's out of the Bag" in about 48 hours. I'd make a forum post with a question, but I don't have the time!
Worked over a week on a new BGM, and I'm finally happy with it.

Here are some screenshots of the area it will be used in
EzLHppdVIAMY7DP

EzLHpqsVIAEZ7jt
#WIP Metal Tactics's TBS (2015 vs 2021)
VSt9pWc.png
ZXnpNYY.png
RPG Maker News #14 | Diffused Screen Effects, Unsellable Items, Ambient Synths, Adult Woman Set

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangos_Bored