kalfax

The aspiring one.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do i add weaknesses/buffs to monsters? and how does element rate work? if a monster is 60& dark element and 80% fire, does that mean it will take 20% of the fire attacks damage, etc? i noticed i couldnt add a debuff element rate, so curious how that works out... i want to give a specific monster weakness to a certain elemental effect so :) Thanks appreciate help...

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Element rate means that all damage will be multiplied by the number you enter, but the number you enter is in percent form. So if you add element rate * 20%, it will make the enemy take 20% of normal damage.

So if you want an enemy to take double damage from an element, just give it element rate * 200%. Or, if you want it to take no damage at all, element rate * 0% will do that.

kalfax

The aspiring one.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ooh, thanks a lot for that info!

now i can make my monsters a lot better :DOps sorry for double posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Next time you can just report the accidental post and we can merge them for you. I did that for your two posts for you this time. Should we close this as solved?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

LunarFlareStudios wrote on Solar_Flare's profile.
Hey, my name is Lunar Flare Studios, and you're Solar Flare? That's so weird!
How has this place been dead quiet since after I posted about Deltarune? That's the only post that people are reacting to now... will you please read my other statuses?
Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techupdates