Elementalists Evolved

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Bored Soul, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. Bored Soul

Bored Soul Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    this game is over
    please remove this forum post mods or admins

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  2. Bored Soul

First Language:
    English
    I worked really hard on this game and I have put in my all at it and I even tried to decorate this game page.

Can somebody reply to the topic and play this game?Nearly everybody's game gets played if they put it here but if it's my game apparently nobody likes it.

3. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hm!! I really like the look of this game, very interesting! I would be happy to try this game and see what I can say about it! ;)  

All I can say right now is.. no matter what, keep it up! and don't ever give up on your game, I don't think people dislike this at all, some people might just be busy with their own work right now. :)  

Also, it's not the number of comments nor downloads,..but it's in how you enjoyed and loved the process of creating a game in which you put your heart into. :)  I actually felt that too, at first I was like "what if no one will play this at all?" but then I realized, I'm here to enjoy what I'm doing, and that is to create and flesh out my own story and world.. turning it into an RPG game, giving the people a new option, a world to fully immerse themselves into... in hopes that they enjoy!. :D  just like what you're doing right now!! :)  so don't feel down, in time, this game will find the right players to love and cherish it as you did creating it! who knows, as I try this demo, I might become one! ;)   

EDIT:

is there any way I can play this game without RPG maker VX-ace? cause I haven't bought the engine yet x(( and as I run the game, it suggests I install RPG maker VX ace first. :(  

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
  4. Shuya

Shuya Gaussian Knight Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Your hard work will be payed with satisfied. dont give up, yaa...

Your art looks good, i will play your demo :D

Also try to put your link in signature and do comment to other game creator in this forum, may be this way will help you. good luck.

Starmage likes this.
  5. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I tried your game, but got stuck in the pyramid with no obvious way to keep going.  I think I got a pretty good taste of the game though, and honestly I didn't have much fun.  It needs a lot of work before it'll live up to your features list.

Story

I couldn't follow the story at all.  All I knew is that I was the good guy, and I had to find other good guys.   Telling a lot of the story through scrolling text wasn't fun (mind you, I have issues reading scrolling text anyways but the moving background made it almost impossible).  Warping me around without good explanations left me confused.  I'd beat an enemy and suddenly be somewhere else.

I didn't care about the characters, which is a bad sign.  Tony annoyed me, and when his family died it could have been a great way to make him a deeper character but instead he moved on super fast.  I was rooting for Orion to kill them off, but then he did the dumb antagonist move of leaving his enemies alive...

The cutscenes could have been much stronger.  Using sound effects to highlight movements instead of just putting up a message about what happened would have been more interesting.  The red and black message box made reading red or black font almost impossible for me.  You also need to go through the dialogue and fix the spelling and grammar errors (you had a tendency to use 'your' instead of 'you're').

Gameplay

You mention a unique battle system, but it seemed like the normal system with a QTE attached to each attack.  The system wasn't explained well, so when the QTEs popped up I had no idea what I should do.   When I finally realized I needed to hit A or D, I found out the timing is almost impossible for me to get right.  Even when I thought I hit it at the right time it still was wrong, so I ended up no longer trying after a lot of failed attempts.  So battles weren't any different than what I was used to.  And then I found the autobattle feature, which let me beat even the boss battles without having to do anything.  I never lost a battle, so to win every fight I just had to click the autobattle button.  It made for very boring combat, and I'm not sure why you'd include it.

Most of the game was me getting lost until I stumbled onto a hexagram, and then beat up a boss.  Normal battles didn't add much, and those times I had to defeat a certain number of enemies just seemed like forcing me to be a certain level before fighting the next boss.  You made a comment about how the game's much more that just wandering through mazes and finding the elementalists and to trust you, but that's all I did.  If your game is going to have more to it, show me, don't just tell me that it will get better eventually.

There's also a weird delay when you hit the menu button, it takes a second or two before the menu actually opens.  I'm assuming it has something to do with the busy menu background (which made reading some of the descriptions a little difficult), but the delay threw me off since the game just froze until it opened.  I thought it had broken the first time it happened.

Graphics

You used the RTP, which is fine if you use it well.  But almost all of your maps were defaults, and the ones that weren't defaults were either way too big and empty or had wall errors that let you walk onto the ceiling tiles.  The empty maps were mazes, which meant that if I got lost I couldn't find my way without stumbling over the exit on accident.  That led to a lot of time just running back after I ended up in a dead end, and that's no fun at all.  

Quite a few of the maps had stairs that didn't do anything, because they were default maps that you hadn't modified at all.  That makes it seem like you don't care about how your game looks, which I hope isn't the case.  Take the time to make your own maps, or change the maps so that they better fit your game.

Maybe someone with different tastes would like it, but it needs work before I'd find it enjoyable. 

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
  6. Bored Soul

First Language:
    English
    Hey.Sorry for the late reply.Over all this time I have been working on the gameThe one from hiddenone was kinda like what I most hear and I have been doing changes.

First of all,the story.Yes,I realize I've made mistakes with it.I am adding visual effects to it but I struggle.Right now I'm on map 105.I am doing my best.And I'm not the best at English so I realize there were spelling mistakes.Also,after the part where the demo ends,the story gets more interesting.Better stuff start to happen.As I said in the actual gameplay,there's more to it than finding Elementalist.

Then,the gameplay.Well,the game was meant to be difficult.It sounds strange but I want them to face the difficulty.I was concerned that my game was getting a bit easy to power through.Also,how much are you through the story?I've tried using that many times and I don't win all the time.I will increase the difficulty if you want.

Then the graphics.I am doing a huge change to the graphics.I  made my own icons,I am changing tileset and battlers etc.https://gyazo.com/ce566a74e062a7b22760e1d2fdbdd663 here's an egyptian house.

And the stair thing.I did modify the loaded maps but the thing is,the stairs make no sense.I don't know how it possibly gets you to the next parts.

I am sorry you didn't find it nice and I will try my best to make it a more enjoyable experience.

You do not need RPG Maker VX Ace.It is telling you to download the RTP (the Run Time Package).I already added RTP data in the extended demo so this isn't a problem.Also,thanks for your kindess!

I have been having doubts about the game and I really do feel like giving up.But I am staying strong.Thanks for the comment!

Also,how do you do the signatures?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2016
  7. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Closed at the request of the OP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.