Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Elevation Fix

by Shaz

Introduction

This plugin allows you to specify events that can only be interacted with when you are at the same elevation on the map.  This prevents triggering of events by Action Button, Player Touch or Event Touch, when the player and event should not logically be able to interact - for example, if you are on a bridge and the event next to the bridge, on the lower level; or when you are standing on a hill and the event is on a tile next to you, but the edge of the cliff is between you.  The logic is, if you would not be able to move to the tile the event is on, or the event would not be able to move to the tile you are on, you should not be able to interact.

How to use

Add to your plugins folder (file name does not matter, but I call mine ElevationFix.js).  There are no parameters to set, and no plugin commands.

Add <elevation> as a comment to each event page you only want triggered at the same elevation.

Plugin

Download from pastebin

Credit

Shaz

Terms

Free for use in commercial games

Last edited by a moderator:

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is pretty handy shaz, thanks! Normally I would just use a variable for the elevation but this will work better!

WolfTJD

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for coding this Shaz! I noticed in the download name it says Elevation Fix (VX Ace). This IS for RGP Maker MV - yes?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@WolfTJD ouch! Yes, it's for MV. I even put Ruby as the language - what was I thinking?! I hope I didn't just replace the Ace version with the MV version ...

I've updated, and the link should be the same. Thanks for letting me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I forgot I had an account on rpgmakercentral lol
"What do you think the best place to visit on this cold days?" "Hell..."
Been so busy lately that I wonder if I should slowly start preparing the advent calendar resources so I have enough in december.
Man, I wish it was harder for mean d-holes to make me feel like crying.
Made 8 games. Was aiming for 20. Gonna go for 40. Because 20 + 20. /Bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KINGty