Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
qsiOBoN.png

Author: Hakuen Studio

Introduction

• Inspired by the messaging system of Shining Force 1 and 2 (Sega Genesis) this plugin enables you to use animated faces in the message box.

Features

● Animated faces in the message box.
● Different animations for when the message box is writing and when it is not (Idle and Talk animations).

How To use

You can use the face image in the same way that RPG Maker does. However, it is necessary to understand that each row of the image must represent only 1 character.
Unlike the standard RPG Maker, you can have as many faces as you want in each row and also as many columns as you want.
For example, the default pattern works like this:

0 | 1 | 2 | 3
4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Each number represents a face. However, with this plugin, you can extend this (although maybe the editor will not show more than 4 faces per row), so that it can look like this:

0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

(Use wisely. A very large image may take longer to load into memory and take up more space).

After creating your image, you must configure the plugin parameters.

● Frame Speed > Defines how fast, in frames, the face will change.

● Idle Frame > When the message box is not writing anything, the face image will be looped up to the specified frame.
For example, the default is 1. This means that while the message is not writing, the face image will display frames 0 and 1 in a loop:
0, 1, 0, 1, 0 etc ...

● Talk Frame > When the message box is written, the face image will be looped up to the specified frame.
For example, the default is 3. This means that while the text is being written in the message box, the face image will display, in a loop, frames 0, 1, 2, 3:
0, 1, 2, 3, 0, 1, 2, 3, 0, 1, 2, 3 etc ...

Terms of Use
Update Log

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 2.0.0 - 08/11/2021
- Add a switch that can disable the animated face feature when on.
- Need Eli Book 4.0.0 now.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 3.0.0 - 09/22/2021

- Improved the plugin parameter that handles face animations. Now you must create the animation settings for each face you want to animate.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with the Eli Face Window.
- Need Eli Book 4.1.0

o3zA8ST.png

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 3.0.1 - 10/12/2021
- Fixed compatibility with the new Eli Face Window(3.1.0)

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 5.0.0 is not compatible with my plugins that are below the 5.0.0 versions.

Version 5.0.0 - 02/05/2022

• [MV] Ported to MV!
  • Updated terms of use.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 5.0.1 - 05/05/2022
  • Fixed a bug that when changing faces, sometimes the face image was only being visible after a few frames.
  • [MV] Fixed a slight visual bug that the animated face sprite was not inside the message window. So when the message window is closing, the face image was still displaying a little bit.

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wish there was an example image or a demo with this pre-setup. I'm trying to relay this to my illustrator, but I'm worried I'll explain it wrong.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wish there was an example image or a demo with this pre-setup. I'm trying to relay this to my illustrator, but I'm worried I'll explain it wrong.
Hi there!

There is nothing different from building any image file that will be used as a sprite.
Here is an image example:
animated.png
The animation has 4 frames, starting from left to right. You can have more than 4 frames, but they all need to be on the image horizontally.

insert that image into your faces folder, and set up the plugin parameter for it:

The animation will play as the following:
When the message window is not writing any text:
From Start Index to Idle Index.

When the message window is writing text:
From Start Index to Talking Index.

This is the setting for this animated face.
Let me know if you manage to make it work with these default settings! ^^

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'M BACK BABEY!!!
College is hitting me a lil' softer than I expected, so I'm back on MV!
And to kick things off, here's a lil' test of a tileset edit I made today! (Took me, like, 5 hours, considering this was the first time I've EVER used GraphicsGale...)Edit test SUCCESS.PNG
Red_1,png.PNG
I don't know when I'll have time to finish this, so I'll post this mostly complete version now. Another major character of my project, his name is Red (at least until I can think up a better R-name). In case he looks familiar, it's because his design (and personality) is based directly from my favorite anime character of all time (who is, unfortunately, fairly obscure).
Here's a showcase of layers of visual effects I've added over a scene. By stripping them off, one by one. :kaoblush:

Aaaaand, here's me working on the above scene, adding weather effects to it: :kaoeh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyrosLt