Eli Change Window Skin - Set them individually, per scene or for all windows in game!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
JuhlNjQ.png

Author: Hakuen Studio

Introduction

• Sometimes you will need to use a different window skin for windows. It can be a different menu, or even when changing the party leader.
This plugin is for you! You can change the window skin for all windows or individual ones.

Features

● Set different window skin for any window.
● Set window skin for all windows.
● Set window skin according to the scene.

How to use

● In the "Window Skin" parameter you will be able to set different skins for each window.
If you don't choose one, it will take the one chosen for Window_Base, on the first parameter.
You can't remove this one from the plugin, the Window_Base has to be the first always.
To set a different window skin, you just have to put the name of the window(See the bottom of the help file) and select the file you want.
there is also a boolean parameter called "use scene skin". If you set this to true, it will take the window skin from the scene, instead of the one chosen here.
This is useful for help windows for example since it can be in different scenes.

● To choose a window skin for a scene, you have to set up the plugin parameter "Scene Skins".
Put the name of the scene(See the bottom of the help file) and choose the window skin.

● You can optionally set the plugin to save the changes you made, so it will be on the save file. Like if you add a party member them change the window skin, these changes will remain on a load of a save file.

● The plugin commands work the same as the plugin parameters. Except one that can change all the window's skins.
This will erase all your plugin parameter configurations and leave only the one chosen by the plugin command.

● Here is a list of the default windows and scene names. Be careful, both window and scene names are case sensitive.

● Windows:
  • Window_BattleActor
    [*]Window_BattleEnemy
    [*]Window_BattleItem
    [*]Window_BattleSkill
    [*]Window_PartyCommand
    [*]Window_ActorCommand
    [*]Window_BattleLog
    [*]Window_BattleStatus
    [*]Window_EquipCommand
    [*]Window_EquipItem
    [*]Window_EquipSlot
    [*]Window_EquipStatus
    [*]Window_Gold
    [*]Window_Help
    [*]Window_ItemCategory
    [*]Window_ItemList
    [*]Window_MapName
    [*]Window_Message
    [*]Window_NameEdit
    [*]Window_NameInput
    [*]Window_NumberInput
    [*]Window_MenuActor
    [*]Window_MenuCommand
    [*]Window_MenuStatus
    [*]Window_Options
    [*]Window_SkillList
    [*]Window_SkillStatus
    [*]Window_SkillType
    [*]Window_Status
    [*]Window_SavefileList
    [*]Window_EventItem
    [*]Window_GameEnd
    [*]Window_ShopBuy
    [*]Window_ShopCommand
    [*]Window_ShopNumber
    [*]Window_ShopSell
    [*]Window_ShopStatus
    [*]Window_ScrollText
    [*]Window_ChoiceList
    [*] Window_TitleCommand
    [*]Window_DebugEdit
    [*]Window_DebugRange

● Scenes:
  • Scene_Menu
    [*]Scene_Item
    [*]Scene_Skill
    [*]Scene_Equip
    [*]Scene_Battle
    [*]Scene_Name
    [*]Scene_Map
    [*]Scene_Title
    [*]Scene_Options
    [*]Scene_GameEnd
    [*]Scene_GameOver
    [*]Scene_Shop
    [*]Scene_Status
    [*]Scene_Save
    [*]Scene_Load
    [*]Scene_Debug

Update Log
Version 2.0.1 - 03/08/2021
- Fixed a behavior that only updates the window skin when the windows are instantiated.
Version 2.0.0 - 12/18/2020
- Adapted to work with Eli Book 3.0.0.
Version 1.0.0 - 12/05/2020
- Plugin release!

Last edited:

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Couldn't find this thread.
I have an issue with your window skin plugin. After using plugin command to change window skin, it doesn't change the skin for message boxes and choice boxes until a player opens inventory.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!
Can you send me a screenshot of your plugin command?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!

I fixed the issue, Please download the new version on itch io.
The problem was that the windows are only loading the new skin file when they are created, so mostly, on changing scenes.
But now they will update properly ^^

Update - Version 2.0.1 - 03/08/2021
- Fixed a behavior that only updates the window skin when the windows are instantiated.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh! 15 posts waiting in the approval queue. Approve 3, decline 2, ask poster for more information on 4. Refresh. 18 posts waiting in the approval queue!
Shaz wrote on ZestyTS's profile.
Hi, there is a Completed Games forum where you can post your game. Or a Commercial Games forum if it's paid. The status feed is not where these belong. Just make sure to read the pinned threads and include all the required information in your post.
I was initially looking for some old archer design i made a few years ago, but couldn't find it...
but here's a sketch from some parade / festival I stumbled upon that i totally forgot :D
Not sure how i'll go about it, but i definitely want to incorporate some of it in my game :)
cxgRkhJ.png
So... what is sleep anyway? UGGGG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seori