Eli Choice Manager - Attach pictures, common events, switches, and change several choice settings!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
One last thing. You have 30 balloons to select from, and initially, I wanted to have the selection be horizontal (side by side). Putting initial.cos = 30 does the trick for this. However, I realized that I would like the option to move around choices vertically and horizontally, as it is easier to get around the balloons. My issue is that each row has a different amount from the four rows of balloons that I have. Therefore, putting initial.cos = 8 or 7 does not work. Is there any way to set a number of columns for each choice command?
Hi :)

The thing is, to make a choice that has more than 6 commands, we need to merge the choice commands.
This lets you have a single choice window with more than the default 6 choices.

The column property is applied to the choice window. Meaning that although you have a lot of choice event commands, the choice window is still only one choice window.

So you can't put a different number of columns for each choice command.
If you have 30 choices, you can set the column = 5. This will let you with 6 choices per row.
6*5 = 30.

So, you said that each row has a different number of balloons. In this case, it will not work for you.
The suggestion is for you to either set the balloon positions in a way that fits 6*5.
They did not need to be exactly sided by side, but at least in a logical position that let the player understand that he can press left/right/up/down and select the proper balloon.

So, unfortunately, currently, you are not able to do as you want. But maybe you can still find a number of columns that at least are close enough to match the number of rows. Or change the balloon positions to fit the logic of 6*5.

EndlessGame

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi :)

The thing is, to make a choice that has more than 6 commands, we need to merge the choice commands.
This lets you have a single choice window with more than the default 6 choices.

The column property is applied to the choice window. Meaning that although you have a lot of choice event commands, the choice window is still only one choice window.

So you can't put a different number of columns for each choice command.
If you have 30 choices, you can set the column = 5. This will let you with 6 choices per row.
6*5 = 30.

So, you said that each row has a different number of balloons. In this case, it will not work for you.
The suggestion is for you to either set the balloon positions in a way that fits 6*5.
They did not need to be exactly sided by side, but at least in a logical position that let the player understand that he can press left/right/up/down and select the proper balloon.

So, unfortunately, currently, you are not able to do as you want. But maybe you can still find a number of columns that at least are close enough to match the number of rows. Or change the balloon positions to fit the logic of 6*5.
Okay, thanks!

That's all for now. Great plugin, btw. :)

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@cokes1999 Fixed the compatibility issue with the VE Arrow Cursor.
Just make sure that my plugin is below the Ve Arrow Cursor.

Version 5.1.2 - 05/17/2022
  • [MV] Fixed a compatibility issue with VE_ArrowCursor.js

EndlessGame

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cokes1999 Fixed the compatibility issue with the VE Arrow Cursor.
Just make sure that my plugin is below the Ve Arrow Cursor.

Version 5.1.2 - 05/17/2022
  • [MV] Fixed a compatibility issue with VE_ArrowCursor.js
Hey! Thanks for fixing the issue with the cursor that I outlined earlier. However, I found another issue that occurs when VE_ArrowCursor is on. I checked, and it also occurs on 5.1.1, so not a new issue.

Earlier on, when I was making my balloon mini-game, I did 30 ChoicePic plugin commands, as well as stacking the choice commands. The only issue was that every time I selected a balloon, instead of showing the picture choices as it did earlier, it showed this:

Screenshot (411).png
If I scrolled for a little longer, the game would crash.

What fixed this for me was putting a show text command after you choose each balloon (I just had the worker say "Nope"). After doing this, it worked perfectly, and this didn't pop up anymore. After each balloon, I liked having the show text command, so I didn't think twice about the problem. Either way, I'm unsure if this is a plugin issue or something I did with the event.

Nonetheless, when having VE_Arrow Cursor, it's almost like it tries to show this choice box above but closes immediately after I pick a balloon. The result is a big black line flashing in the middle of the screen for a second after each balloon pick. Here is a video of that.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey! Thanks for fixing the issue with the cursor that I outlined earlier. However, I found another issue that occurs when VE_ArrowCursor is on. I checked, and it also occurs on 5.1.1, so not a new issue.

Earlier on, when I was making my balloon mini-game, I did 30 ChoicePic plugin commands, as well as stacking the choice commands. The only issue was that every time I selected a balloon, instead of showing the picture choices as it did earlier, it showed this:

View attachment 226861
If I scrolled for a little longer, the game would crash.

What fixed this for me was putting a show text command after you choose each balloon (I just had the worker say "Nope"). After doing this, it worked perfectly, and this didn't pop up anymore. After each balloon, I liked having the show text command, so I didn't think twice about the problem. Either way, I'm unsure if this is a plugin issue or something I did with the event.

Nonetheless, when having VE_Arrow Cursor, it's almost like it tries to show this choice box above but closes immediately after I pick a balloon. The result is a big black line flashing in the middle of the screen for a second after each balloon pick. Here is a video of that.

Hi there!

I did try to reproduce it here with a stacking choice command, but not with 30. With 12 only.
And I can't manage to reproduce the problem. So I will ask you to make a sample project reproducing the error and upload it to me somewhere and send the link so I can take a look at it.

EndlessGame

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!

I did try to reproduce it here with a stacking choice command, but not with 30. With 12 only.
And I can't manage to reproduce the problem. So I will ask you to make a sample project reproducing the error and upload it to me somewhere and send the link so I can take a look at it.
Is there any way I can email it to you? It's not letting me attach the file here.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there any way I can email it to you? It's not letting me attach the file here.
You cannot just send the link?
You are trying to send the file directly through here?
Or did you upload it somewhere? Google Drive, Dropbox, one drive, etc...?

EndlessGame

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried attaching the file directly through here, but it says, "the uploaded file is too large for the server to process."

Let me know if this Google Drive link works.
Some things to note before you check the issue.

1. Oddly enough, when the trigger is an action button rather than autorun, the black line issue doesn't occur.

2. To play the game, talk to the guy, answer Yes, and pick up a dart.

3. There is another issue I'd like you to look at if you could. Earlier, you gave me this:

const index = $gameVariables.value(ID)
setTimeout(() => {
if(index > -1){
Eli.ChoiceManager.getChoiceWindow().select(index)
}
}, 100)

I initially thought it worked fine, but I've noticed that it doesn't always go back to the balloon you picked. I've tested it a few times, and it doesn't seem to be any specific balloons, but it happens at random. Sometimes it will go back to the same balloon; sometimes, it will go back to the first one.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I tried attaching the file directly through here, but it says, "the uploaded file is too large for the server to process."

Let me know if this Google Drive link works.
Some things to note before you check the issue.

1. Oddly enough, when the trigger is an action button rather than autorun, the black line issue doesn't occur.

2. To play the game, talk to the guy, answer Yes, and pick up a dart.

3. There is another issue I'd like you to look at if you could. Earlier, you gave me this:

setTimeout(() => {
if(index > -1){
}
}, 100)

I initially thought it worked fine, but I've noticed that it doesn't always go back to the balloon you picked. I've tested it a few times, and it doesn't seem to be any specific balloons, but it happens at random. Sometimes it will go back to the same balloon; sometimes, it will go back to the first one.
Ok, friend!
Will take a look and let you know as soon as possible :)

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 5.1.3 - 06/17/2022
  • [MV] Fixed an issue with text-align when using choices with more than one column.

@EndlessGame Didn't forget your request but have been busy with commissions. Will try to do it this month yet!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@EndlessGame
I was pretty sure the problem was in my plugin, so I spent a long time looking into it.
But finally, manage to find a solution and it was on the VictOr plugin xD.
Unfortunately, I cannot give you a patch due to how things are set up on the Victor Plugin.
But you can fix the issue by changing this function on Victor Arrow Cursor plugin:
JavaScript:
VictorEngine.ArrowCursor.select = Window_Selectable.prototype.select;
Window_Selectable.prototype.select = function(index) {
    var lastIndex = this.index();
    VictorEngine.ArrowCursor.select.call(this, index)
    if (this.index() !== lastIndex) this.refresh();
};

To this:
JavaScript:
VictorEngine.ArrowCursor.select = Window_Selectable.prototype.select;
Window_Selectable.prototype.select = function(index) {
    var lastIndex = this.index();
    VictorEngine.ArrowCursor.select.call(this, index)
    if(this instanceof Window_ChoiceList){

}else{
        if (this.index() !== lastIndex && this.visible) this.refresh();
    }
};

setTimeout(() => {
if(index > -1){
}
}, 100)
- About that issue, I didn't manage to replicate it. Maybe after I fixed the issue with Victor Arrow Cursor, this one has been fixed too.

Please let me know if everything worked!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I now have an idea of how to approach my IGMC entry for this year's theme, as well as a working title (TBA). Given the limited time I can spare, I'm going with a game design that doesn't require a battle system. Something that could be expanded if I want to make it a longer game, but can probably be played through within 2 hours (the goal for now), at least on a speed run.
In last 5 years, I have bought 4 MSI computer components and had issues with all 4 of them. With two of them these issues were so huge the board was quite unusable. I think it's safe to day it's my last MSI product purchase.
Thanks Thesaurus.com for letting me know another word for 'noted' is 'noted'.
The capital city of Lindenburg everyone. "Capital"

Map043.png
been trying to up my action sequence game and I'm not entirely sure what to do, even with tutorials out there. but I think I'm heading in the right direction with some attacks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nakel016