Conceptual Severance Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@XVoid Sorry, I miss your post!
Well, I downloaded the sample project you sent, and the issue was that you have not set the curve data for the custom parameters on the plugin parameter, as you said before.

But the problem with your main project, about the order, I believe if you have put the plugins in the wrong order, the MZ Engine will tell you on the plugin manager.
Like, if you put Custom Parameters below Class Curves, the plugin manager will tell you that Custom Parameters must be above Class Curves.

About your screenshots, I can see there is 4 type of different errors. And I believe, my plugin has thrown an error, because of the other errors. So if you fix one, I believe it will fix the others.

The first one that seems to me that is the bad configuration of a plugin parameter or plugin command.

But I can also see a lot of my plugins and visu ones. Maybe is compatibility, or just a wrong configuration of a note tag for example(Since you are using Eli Dynamic Parameters too).

Unfortunately, in a project with a lot of plugins, can be easy to trigger compatibility. I really need to take a look at your project for me to be able to figure out the error.
I figured it out, and now I feel stupid. xD

I had the notetag which assigned the custom curve I was using typed incorrectly. I didn't realize you weren't supposed to put a space between the colon and the actual curve name. Everything works now. Thanks for your trouble.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 4.0.0 - 08/19/2021
- Changed the "Minimum stats for all classes" plugin parameters to a more organized parameter.
- Changed how the preset parameters are built for better organization on the upcoming updates.
- Fixed a lot of default values in the plugin parameters.
- Add a template curve showing how to use conditions on the curve values.
- Need Eli Book 4.0.0 now.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was this, the others, and the updated Eli Book just for MZ at the moment? Since I'm using MV.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Was this, the others, and the updated Eli Book just for MZ at the moment? Since I'm using MV.
Yeah, for now, is just for MZ!
After I finish update every MZ plugin, I will try to make them compatible with MV, but using the same file. It's too troublesome to have two files of the same plugin, one for MV and the other for MZ.

One of the reasons to rewrite all my MZ plugins is that. So will be far easier to put updates and bug fixes for the two versions.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 4.1.0 - 12/05/2021
- You can now change the growth chance rate based on items, equipment, skills, or state!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 5.0.0 is not compatible with my plugins that are below the 5.0.0 versions.

Version 5.0.0 - 02/05/2022

• Updated terms of use.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 5.0.1 - 02/08/2022
  • Fixed the Growth Chance item effect that was not working.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does this need to be below EliBook?

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Oddball Eli_Book MV/MZ is the core of his plugins and must be on top,
otherwise, you get errors :p

PauloHPBender

Delirious Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
BR Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Greetings and congratulations on another incredible plugin!

I was trying to use math formulas for my stat's curves, but I'm having a hard time trying to comprehend where exactly I should put them.

A example for what I'm trying to input is the following:
Math.Min(99,((99/35)*(a.level+10)))

1648186083843.png

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Greetings and congratulations on another incredible plugin!

I was trying to use math formulas for my stat's curves, but I'm having a hard time trying to comprehend where exactly I should put them.

A example for what I'm trying to input is the following:

View attachment 220950
Hi there!
This thread is for the Custom Parameter plugin. The screenshot you sent is from another plugin: Eli Class Curves. Please try send your question there. I will answer you here, but reply on the Class Curves thread ^^

Here is the explanation of each field, same that is on the help file:

• Growth Chance → The chance rate for the parameter increase when leveling up.

• Initial → The initial value of level 1 for this class.

• Min → The minimum amount the actor can earn when leveling up.

• Max → The maximum amount an actor can earn when leveling up.

• Limit → The maximum value that a parameter can reach in this class.

• Promotion Bonus → Used on the Class Promotion Plugin."

It is totally possible to apply your formula :)

PauloHPBender

Delirious Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
BR Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for answering my question, even though I made it on the wrong thread (I ever reported my own post, sine I couldn't find a way to delete it myself)

Back to the issue; In what field exactly should I make the formula that I set?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for answering my question, even though I made it on the wrong thread (I ever reported my own post, sine I couldn't find a way to delete it myself)

Back to the issue; In what field exactly should I make the formula that I set?
Ok, I will just copy and paste this for reference:
• Growth Chance → The chance rate for the parameter increase when leveling up.
• Initial → The initial value of level 1 for this class.
• Min → The minimum amount the actor can earn when leveling up.
• Max → The maximum amount an actor can earn when leveling up.
• Limit → The maximum value that a parameter can reach in this class.
• Promotion Bonus → Used on the Class Promotion Plugin."

Growth Chance field
- It can be from 0 to 100. And it is responsible to measure the chance the actor will get to raise a stats value when leveling up.
So if you set it to 100, your actor will have a 100% chance to gain some stats points when leveling up.
But if you set it to 50, your actor will have a 50% of chance to gain some stats points when leveling up.

Initial field
- This will define the value of the stats when the actor is on level 1. I don't know how can I explain it more.
You can put a fixed value or a formula.

Min and Max Field
- Every time your actor level up, if he manages to pass the growth chance, he will gain some points on their parameter. These fields will define how many points it will receive.
Optionally, your actor can have a random points gain between(and including) a minimum and max value.
If you set Min = 2 and Max = 5, it will be able to gain from 2 to 5 points per level up.
If you don't want that to be dynamic, but want a fixed value, you can set both Min and Max with the same values.
It is important for you to understand, that the value set on these fields will not SET your parameter value, it will ADD a plus value into your parameter.
Example:
Level 1: HP = 100
MIN = 2
MAX = 2
Level 2: HP = 100 + 2 = 102

Limit Field
- This field will decide the maximum value that these stats can have.
So if you put 99 here. No matter what the actor level is, when he levels up, their stats value will not pass 99.

Promotion Bonus Field
- The actor can gain bonus points when changing to a new class for the first time. But this only works with a plugin extension Eli Class Promotion.

Now, let's go into your formula!

You want to insert that formula into your status growth:
(Don't use "a.level". use "this.level")

As I can see you have two possible values:
A - 99
B - (99/35) * (this.level+10)

And according to your formula, using Math.min, you will get the lowest value from A or B.
And it also seems that you want the status to have its maximum value of 99.

If we just copy and paste your formula, and simulate a level up, it will be something like that, raising that amount of points per level up.
1648223233092.png

So in my understanding, I believe you don't want to raise 30+ points into a single level up. I believe you wrote that formula thinking that the result will be(SET) the parameter value, and not ADD into the current parameter value(As explained on Min and Max field).

So the first thing to do is remove the Math.min part. We do not need that, because we have the Limit Field for that. Let's just put 99 on the Limit Field.
And the formula will be like that now:
(99/35) * (this.level + 10)

So, what we need to do with that formula is get the difference of the results between one level to another. Which is the following:
JavaScript:
const nextLevel = (99/35) * ( (this.level + 1) + 10)
const level = (99/35) * (this.level + 10)
nextLevel - level
Just put that into the Min and Max value and you are good to go!

1648225724424.png
1648225747248.png

Please, if there is something you did not understand, tell me exactly what it is. I will do my best to explain.

PauloHPBender

Delirious Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
BR Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
OK, dang, thanks A LOT for your explanation and patience! My greatest mistake was that I was planning on using the formula as a SET parameter, instead of a ADD parameter, and not only you clarified that, but you also gave me the formula.

You are incredible, and I hope we work together in the future, my dear countryperson!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The power of tutorials. This was fun to make,parallax lightning makes more sense to me now. Now comes the annoying step of doing stuff without a step by step show though !_!
With the new phone, I can now play a lot of old RPGs that my old phone just didn't have room for. Some RPGs definitely show their age even with updated graphics and quick saving.
I don't think I have ever stuck to a project this long....And I'm still just in the planning stages basically xD
It's not about the engine, it's about the resources.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrisSis265