Eli Face Window - Show the face image of the message box in a different window!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Author: Hakuen Studio

Introduction

Showing the faces of the characters in the message window is cool!
But sometimes it can get in the way of calculating the size of the text we write.
Or perhaps, you may want to show the character's face elsewhere on your game screen.
This plugin will help you do that!

Features

● Show the character's face in a window apart from the message box.
● Use any face size.
● Show the window using "easing animations"!
● Choose the tone and type of background!
● Animated faces!

How to use

Configure the plugin parameters.
It is important to remember that the size of your window will be the same as defined in the parameters + twice the Window padding!

You can configure the position of the face window for each position of the message window (top, middle, bottom).

Optionally you can also define a movement animation for when the window appears.
You will be able to define where the window will come from through the initial positions.
And where it will end with the target/final positions.

If you do not want to use this animation, leave the parameter "Duration(Frames)" = 0.

Face Settings

• Image - This is the image file you will be targeting.
  • Start Index - The position of the face at which the animation will start.
  • Middle Index - When the message box is no longer writing, the face animation will only repeat up to this number. Useful for creating Idle face animations. If you don't want to use it, leave it with the same value as the End Index.
  • End Index - When the message box is writing, the face animation will repeat up to this number. It must be equal to or greater than the Middle Index.
  • Frame Speed - How fast the face will change index.

Example:
  • Start index = 0
  • Middle Index = 1
  • End Index = 3
If the message box is writing, the face will repeat the index in this order:
0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1...etc.

Otherwise, it will repeat the index in this order:
0, 1, 2, 3, 0, 1, 2, 3, etc...

If you want to change the window skin, use Eli Window Skin for it.
The name of the window is: Window_FaceMessage

Screenshots
zTaPgBH.jpg

tm1co5C.jpg

Rxq3XNl.png

Update Log
Version 3.1.0 - 10/12/2021
- Add a plugin parameter that lets you disable the face animation inside the external face window.
Version 3.0.0 - 09/22/2021
- Add a plugin parameter that lets you assign a switch to enable/disable the external face window.
- Improved the plugin parameters to set the window position.
- Improved the plugin parameter and the code that handles the window animation for showing and hiding.
- Improved the way you can set animations for your faces.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes was removing the face window from the screen when a choice is set right after a message command.
- Need Eli Book 4.1.0 now.
Version 2.2.0 - 08/21/2021
- Added temporary patch to work with Eli Book 4.0.0.
Version 2.1.1 - 07/02/2021
- Fixed compatibility with Eli Message Actions that was giving a delay when changing face message images
Version 2.1.0 - 06/29/2021
- Add an animated face feature!
Version 2.0.0 - 12/18/2020
- Adapted to work with Eli Book 3.0.0.
Version 1.0.1 - 12/14/2020
- Fixed a problem that was preventing from update the window tone.
Version 1.0.0 - 12/13/2020
- Plugin release!

Last edited:

XyonDN

Le Stranger
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's so cool, thanks♥

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 2.1.0 - 06/29/2021
- Add an animated face feature!

Nikita

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
IGM
How did you add states to the top left corner?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How did you add states to the top left corner?
Hi!
States? Do you mean the icons? They are buttons that I made using icons. Like the one that calls the menu om the top right

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 2.1.1 - 07/02/2021
- Fixed compatibility with Eli Message Actions that was giving a delay when changing face message images

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 2.2.0 - 08/21/2021
- Added temporary patch to work with Eli Book 4.0.0.

imcatman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi Eliaquim!:D

I think individual face images like Shining Force are a necessary plugin for all manufacturers! thank you very much.
A idea just if you can do It.... Is it possible to add a function to turn on / off the function to display the character's face in another window?
Because、 You may want to show the character's face elsewhere on the game screen, but conversely, you may want to have the face image in the window only for certain event scenes.
Also, if you apply 3 frames to the animation face function in the plug-in parameter, 3 frames will be applied to all face images, so I want to change the frame for each face image.
I don't know if this is possible, but could you consider it?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
hi Eliaquim!:D

I think individual face images like Shining Force are a necessary plugin for all manufacturers! thank you very much.
A idea just if you can do It.... Is it possible to add a function to turn on / off the function to display the character's face in another window?
Because、 You may want to show the character's face elsewhere on the game screen, but conversely, you may want to have the face image in the window only for certain event scenes.
Also, if you apply 3 frames to the animation face function in the plug-in parameter, 3 frames will be applied to all face images, so I want to change the frame for each face image.
I don't know if this is possible, but could you consider it?
Hi there! Thanks!! :D
Yes, it is possible to add a feature to turn on/off the face on another window.

I will see what I can do about each image has it's own frame speed! ^^

imcatman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your reply and consideration
If that is possible I'll wait for you to update it
Looking forward!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 3.0.0 - 09/22/2021
  • Add a plugin parameter that lets you assign a switch to enable/disable the external face window.
  • Improved the plugin parameters to set the window position.
  • Improved the plugin parameter and the code that handles the window animation for showing and hiding.
  • Improved the way you can set animations for your faces.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes was removing the face window from the screen when a choice is set right after a message command.
  • Need Eli Book 4.1.0 now.

@imcatman I have implemented your request! Take a look at the updated plugin ^^

imcatman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome!!
Thank you for the update for me, I really appreciate you!
I tried it right away, and it worked exactly as I wanted it to!
Now, when I want to show a character's dialogue and the screen view at the same time, I can hide the face window only in certain scenes so as not to overwhelm the entire screen with the face window.
And I love that I can now change the animation frame speed for different face images!
This is something I'm working on for a game project in the future, where I can use the slower frame speed for things like snot bubbles on a sleepy character, and the faster frame speed for hair flapping in the wind.
Thanks for your precious help! Keep up the good work!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 3.1.0 - 10/12/2021
- Add a plugin parameter that lets you disable the face animation inside the external face window.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymateds