Eli Hold Fade - Stops the automatically fade in when transfer maps.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
49NFLIA.png

Author: Hakuen Studio

Introduction

Have you ever felt the need to start a map faded out, to configure some events or images without the player seeing? It is true that when transferring from a map to another, you can use fadeout on the previous one and fade in on the current map(But not if it is the first map of the game).
But this plugin does it for you automatically and some other stuff too!

Features

• When starting a new game or transferring between maps, you can choose to stay faded out and use a plugin command to fade in when you want.
• Deactivate the movement of the player and events(self-movement) while it faded out.

How to use

Just put a note tag on the map: <HoldFade> (Not case sensitive)

Now every time you enter this map, it will not fade in automatically, letting you do some configurations in it and then, call a plugin command to fade in.

You can also make that automatically setting up the plugin parameter 'Auto Hold Fade' to true.

To illustrate this better, let's see how the transfer works without and with this plugin:

● Without:
• The player is in Map 1
• The player activates an event to transfer to Map 2
• The screen is fade out
• The player gets in Map 2
• Screen fade in.

● With:
• The player is in Map 1
• The player activates an event to transfer to Map 2
• The screen is fade out
• The player gets in Map 2
• Screen doesn't fade in automatically unless you use a plugin command.
• Optional, it can prevent the movement of events(self-movement) and player while it faded out.

NOTE: This not work as the event command fade out/in. If you change the scene while faded out when you return back to the map the fade will be gone.

Update Log
Version 2.0.0 - 12/18/2020
- Adapted to work with Eli Book 3.0.0.
Version 1.0.2 - 10/31/2020
- Fixed an error when you tried to playtest an event command.
Version 1.0.1 - 10/16/2020
- Adapted to work with Eli Book 2.0.0
Version 1.0.0 - 09/21/2020
- Plugin release!

Last edited:

Nova By Creative Robot

Creator of NOIM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Awesome. Now we dont have to fadeout manually before transferring the player to the next map!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Awesome. Now we dont have to fadeout manually before transferring the player to the next map!
Hi!
Don't know if you get the plugin usage, but you don't need to fade out manually before transferring the player to the next map with or without this plugin.

The usability of this plugin comes in hand when you transfer to the next map, but want to make some configuration on it before removes the fade.
Because sometimes, the map can be loaded fast and the player will be able to see it before you are done with the configuration of some events.
^^

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is it possible to extend this functionality to control fade's after a battle? For example, a boss battle happening in the middle of a cutscene, and calling in the fade afterward?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 2.0.0 - 12/18/2020
- Adapted to work with Eli Book 3.0.0.

@Neo Soul Gamer I will give a try to the battle example you give. Guess I missed your post, sorry!

Proxxie_Desu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is useful! Any chance for an MV version?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Two NPCs blinking animations in VNMaker and two to go. Some progress!
Fun Fact: My last two projects (Fursona and A Postmortem Nation) were released before I could do post-completion playtesting because I got so excited and happy I released them on the spot. Sometimes I have rubbish impulse control. smh
Circle, circle, dot, dot... I got my first COVID shot! And I barely felt it, which shocked me. Usually having Autism causes my sense of touch to be amplified! I go for my second dose in June.
Another update, this time on moving. I got the keys to my apartment today, but it was poorly cleaned/repaired. They're working on it, don't worry!
:kaojoy:I just saw 2 players reached 10 hours.
The game is totally not for cult recruitment. As of yet, we have not summoned Cthulhu.
Unfortunately, besides that, many issues still need to be fixed for more common fellows.
To at least pretend everything is normal here. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thanatos626