Eli Jump System - Player jumps with a press of a button!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Author: Hakuen Studio

Introduction

This plugin is designed to make the player allow you to jump forward when you press a button. At first, it will only work to jump forward in the normal directions, not the diagonal ones.

Features

• Add a jump button!
• Can choose a sound to play when jump.
• Can use a variable value to define how far the player will jump.
• Can set up the conditions that allow the player to jump or not, through a list of possible ones in plugin parameters.

How to use

• Just set the plugin parameters and you are good to go.
• Check out this site to find your desired javascript keycode:
https://keycode.info/

• Most parameters are self-explanatory, but the Jump Check needs an explanation.
• There is a Jump Check function that will check if the player is able to land on his jump destination, otherwise, it will jump in the same place.
• This is necessary for the player to not be able to jump outside the screen or in places that he cannot move.
But you still can choose some restrictions about his jump behavior:

• Can Jump - The player will only be able to jump if the following conditions are true:
- It is not inside a vehicle.
- The X and Y land coordinates are valid map coordinate.
- The X and Y land coordinates are passable through the direction it is facing.
- There is no event on the X and Y land coordinates that is Normal priority(Same as characters).

• The others below, all include these conditions above, but also, plus ones:
- Can jump only to the same regions
- Can jump only to higher regions
- Can jump only to lower regions
- Can jump only to same terrain tag
- Can jump only to higher terrain tag
- Can jump only to lower terrain tag
• It will check the current region/terrain tag that the player has, and if it matches the condition of being equal, higher or lower, it will be able to jump.

Update Log
Version 1.1.0 - 10/22/2020
- Now you can jump on tiles that have events below the player and above the player.
Version 1.0.0 - 10/20/2020
- Plugin release!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is it similair to smartjump of YEP, if you can jump 3 tiles ahead, and only able for 1,
will it count 1 or 3?

if region = 2 and region 2 is 5 tiles ahead, and 1 region is 3 tiles, does it make this
tiles ahead as calculation or totally variable based?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
is it similar to the smart jump of YEP, if you can jump 3 tiles ahead, and only able for 1,
will it count 1 or 3?

if region = 2 and region 2 is 5 tiles ahead, and 1 region is 3 tiles, does it make this
tiles ahead as calculation or variable based?
Hi!
The distance that the player will jump is based only on the variable value set in the plugin parameters.

If the player can jump 3 tiles forward, but have something blocking their way 2 tiles ahead, it will not jump beyond these two tiles.

I don't know how Smart jump works, so I cannot answer that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdramose