Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Version 5.0.4 - 03/09/2022
  • Fixed a bug that happens specifically when using the Joystick type to move and have the screen movement enabled, that was making the player move by clicking on screen together with the joystick.

darklugia1997

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know why, but with version 5.0.4 I can't move the joystick from the place on android, on pc it works normally, and with the version 1.1.0 works, I can move it smoothly both on pc and android.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know why, but with version 5.0.4 I can't move the joystick from the place on android, on pc it works normally, and with the version 1.1.0 works, I can move it smoothly both on pc and android.
Hi there!
What do you mean by moving it?
It's like changing its place with plugin parameters?
Or it is like moving the joystick ball to make the player move?

[EDIT] Nevermind! I found the problem! Will update it as soon as I can ^^

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@darklugia1997 I fixed the problem!
Thanks for the report!

Version 5.0.5 - 03/16/2022
  • Fixed a problem that was only happening on mobile versions, that the “Joystick ball” was not moving when it was being touched.

cellicom

Uncle celli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Eliaquim, when I build and upload the demo project, I get this error when I go to the website on an iphone:

TypeError: undefined is not an object(evaluating orientation type)

I didn't make any changes to the project demo, just built it and uploaded it. It works on an android tablet -- is this for android only?

Hi there!
Well, I only test it on android. I don't have an iPhone to test. But it is HTML most, so it should work on both.
It will help if you, somehow, manage to track the error log and send me a screenshot of it. So I can see where the error happens in the code. But I know nothing when it comes to iPhone, sorry =/

Needs some little adjustments

Line 796 - SetInput()
JavaScript:
// Avoid undefined if vibrating is not available for some reason
if (navigator.vibrate) navigator.vibrate(this.parameters.vibration)

Line 1603 - isLandscape() //rewrited
JavaScript:
isLandscape(){
        if (typeof screen.orientation === "undefined") {
            return window.innerHeight < window.innerWidth //detect landscape old style
        } else {
            return screen.orientation.type.includes("landscape")    
        }

}

Hope it's help! :)

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Needs some little adjustments

Line 796 - SetInput()
JavaScript:
// Avoid undefined if vibrating is not available for some reason
if (navigator.vibrate) navigator.vibrate(this.parameters.vibration)

Line 1603 - isLandscape() //rewrited
JavaScript:
isLandscape(){
        if (typeof screen.orientation === "undefined") {
            return window.innerHeight < window.innerWidth //detect landscape old style
        } else {
            return screen.orientation.type.includes("landscape")   
        }

}

Hope it's help! :)
Thank you so much @cellicom !
I added those changes into the new plugin version:

Version 5.0.6 - 03/28/2022
  • Fixed a problem that would happen if the mobile device does not support vibration.
  • Added minor compatibility to check landscape orientation for old devices/navigators.
  • Thanks to Cellicom to point that out!

nintendowii111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you add functionality to the joystick so that using the joystick can be done anywhere on the circle? Like, instead of having to make a touchpoint on the joystick, you can press anywhere on the entire circle and it register?
I've noticed on my iPhone it doesn't work well as is.
Thanks again.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Could you add functionality to the joystick so that using the joystick can be done anywhere on the circle? Like, instead of having to make a touchpoint on the joystick, you can press anywhere on the entire circle and it register?
I've noticed on my iPhone it doesn't work well as is.
Thanks again.
I think I know what you mean.
I already have that in mind, but I don't know when I will implement this feature. It may take a while.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Fufi_Saintz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Olá @Eliaquim!
Your plugin seems exactly what I need as I am working on porting my game to Android.
Just... I cant' make it work.
At the moment I just need to have a button on one of the corners of the display to make the menu appears (in other words: I need a substitute for the ESC key). I put the icon (+ the _hot one) in the folder, and these are the settings. But... I can't see anything on screen.
I tried it on a blank project too, but nothing, so I sure am doing something wrong or I didn't understand how your plugin works.
What is it?
Can you or someone else help?Eli01.jpg
index.php

Attachments

• Eli02.jpg
    Eli02.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 28

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Olá @Eliaquim!
Your plugin seems exactly what I need as I am working on porting my game to Android.
Just... I cant' make it work.
At the moment I just need to have a button on one of the corners of the display to make the menu appears (in other words: I need a substitute for the ESC key). I put the icon (+ the _hot one) in the folder, and these are the settings. But... I can't see anything on screen.
I tried it on a blank project too, but nothing, so I sure am doing something wrong or I didn't understand how your plugin works.
What is it?
Can you or someone else help?View attachment 225278
index.php
Hi there!
If you did try it on a clean project, and the error persists, then it's not a compatibility problem.
Can you send to me that clean project with the problem happening, so I can take a look?

Fufi_Saintz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
If you did try it on a clean project, and the error persists, then it's not a compatibility problem.
Can you send to me that clean project with the problem happening, so I can take a look?
Hi!
Sure, here it is: drive.google.com/file/d/1xUfCHO0iSztNSbCOJrphXU6CvEZG6MaG/view?usp=sharing
Many, many thanks in advice!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!
Sure, here it is: drive.google.com/file/d/1xUfCHO0iSztNSbCOJrphXU6CvEZG6MaG/view?usp=sharing
Many, many thanks in advice!
Hi there!
I looked at it and I found two problems:
1 - You need to have my core plugin "Eli Book" installed anywhere above the Mobile Control plugin.

2 - If you are not using any DPAD type, you must set it to none. Otherwise it will cause an error. In your project, currently it was like this:
1652056511397.png
Keeping the same logic, if you don't want to use the "Control Button", fill it's parameter and set it to false:
1652056593671.png
1652056622578.png

Version 5.0.7 - 05/08/2022
  • Fixed some default plugin parameters missing/in the blank when you first install the plugin.
  • [MV] Added an alert saying that it requires Eli Book.

Last edited:

Fufi_Saintz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
I looked at it and I found two problems:
1 - You need to have my core plugin "Eli Book" installed anywhere above the Mobile Control plugin.

2 - If you are not using any DPAD type, you must set it to none. Otherwise it will cause an error. In your project, currently it was like this:
View attachment 225624
Keeping the same logic, if you don't want to use the "Control Button", fill it's parameter and set it to false:
View attachment 225625
View attachment 225626

Version 5.0.7 - 05/08/2022
  • Fixed some default plugin parameters missing/in the blank when you first install the plugin.
  • [MV] Added an alert saying that it requires Eli Book.
Great!!
Works like a charm now!
Many, many, MANY thanks!!

Last edited:

Fufi_Saintz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Eliaquim,
I am testing your plugin in the mobile version of my project, and after you helped me setting it up everything works fine. However I still have a problem/question.
A very important game mechanic in my game is typing text (it is an educational game), I am using @biud436 text input plugin extensively in it. The plugin is fantastic but on mobile a known problem is that it does not trigger automatically the virtual keyboard, the player has to do it by tapping one of the corners of the screen, and that's annoying. I was experimenting if your plugin could be used to solve this, something like setting a button to "backspace" or similar just to see if it could be an easier way for the player to make the virtual keyboard appears. However I noticed that when @biud436's plugin is active there is no possibility to tap on your plugin's buttons, they do not respond. It is like the text input plugin "override" your plugin, blocking it.
Is there a way to make the two plugins works together?
Any other suggestions on how to fix this?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi @Eliaquim,
I am testing your plugin in the mobile version of my project, and after you helped me setting it up everything works fine. However I still have a problem/question.
A very important game mechanic in my game is typing text (it is an educational game), I am using @biud436 text input plugin extensively in it. The plugin is fantastic but on mobile a known problem is that it does not trigger automatically the virtual keyboard, the player has to do it by tapping one of the corners of the screen, and that's annoying. I was experimenting if your plugin could be used to solve this, something like setting a button to "backspace" or similar just to see if it could be an easier way for the player to make the virtual keyboard appears. However I noticed that when @biud436's plugin is active there is no possibility to tap on your plugin's buttons, they do not respond. It is like the text input plugin "override" your plugin, blocking it.
Is there a way to make the two plugins works together?
Any other suggestions on how to fix this?
Hi there!
Well, I can take a look for sure!
Can you send me the link to the exact plugin you are using from biud436?
Also, did you try changing the order on the plugin parameter to see if it works?

Fufi_Saintz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
Well, I can take a look for sure!
Can you send me the link to the exact plugin you are using from biud436?
Also, did you try changing the order on the plugin parameter to see if it works?
Of course, and thank you very much!
This is the plugin.
I did not try to change the plugin order as in my game your plugin already is above the text input one. But if you have any suggestions I can try to change things and experiment other solutions.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Of course, and thank you very much!
This is the plugin.
I did not try to change the plugin order as in my game your plugin already is above the text input one. But if you have any suggestions I can try to change things and experiment other solutions.
Hi there!
I made some tests here, and it seems to work just fine. With my plugin above the RS one.
I just create a button so I can call the Text Input Box:
1653070630525.png

But, I could not test it on mobile, I don't have that time. But at least on playtest, it worked fine.

You said that:
The plugin is fantastic but on mobile a known problem is that it does not trigger automatically the virtual keyboard, the player has to do it by tapping one of the corners of the screen, and that's annoying
This is the problem of the biud plugin itself or this is a feature implemented on mobile? If it is a feature, maybe you can ask the developer for a way to disable it. So you can call the text box only through my buttons.
otherwise, I don't know what the problem could be.
It can even be another plugin causing it.
Did you try putting the BIUD plugin above mine to see if it works?

=========================

Version 5.0.8 - 05/20/2022
  • Fixed a bug that when the Hide On Message parameter is TRUE when you open a choice the buttons are hiding and are not showing up when you close it.

Last edited:

Fufi_Saintz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Eliaquim!
That's not exactly what I intended (my bad for not being clear): what I meant was that your plugin does not work *while* the RS one is active: when the text box input is on the screen the buttons of your plugins are visible but touching them causes no effect. The two plugins does not work at the same time, in other words.
But that was what I wanted to try: to see if, while the text input is already on the screen, touching a button set to, say, backspace, would work as a way to trigger the virtual keyboard.
(Sorry for repeating the same thing many times, I just want to be clear and avoid wasting your time).
You said that:

This is the problem of the biud plugin itself or this is a feature implemented on mobile? If it is a feature, maybe you can ask the developer for a way to disable it.
The problem of the keyboard not appearing automatically when RS plugin is active is known, if I don't go wrong the author said it has to do with Android. If you read the thread many other users asked for a solution but at this time no one found one.
I'll sure try to make other experiments changing plugins' positions, I'll tell you if I'll discover something interesting.
Thanks for now!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's not exactly what I intended (my bad for not being clear): what I meant was that your plugin does not work *while* the RS one is active: when the text box input is on the screen the buttons of your plugins are visible but touching them causes no effect. The two plugins does not work at the same time, in other words.
But that was what I wanted to try: to see if, while the text input is already on the screen, touching a button set to, say, backspace, would work as a way to trigger the virtual keyboard.
(Sorry for repeating the same thing many times, I just want to be clear and avoid wasting your time).
Oh, I got it now. Only when the text box is active on screen.
To add this patch below the RS plugin, I think I managed to make it work.

Also, if you want to display any button on that scene, you need to add Scene_InputDialog into the scene list of the button.

The problem of the keyboard not appearing automatically when RS plugin is active is known, if I don't go wrong the author said it has to do with Android. If you read the thread many other users asked for a solution but at this time no one found one.
I'll sure try to make other experiments changing plugins' positions, I'll tell you if I'll discover something interesting.
Got it. About that, I don't know what I can do. Maybe you can apply a script call to exit the scene on one of my buttons and it can make you quit the scene.
I know that:

SceneManager._scene.okResult() - This is the same as hitting the OK button of the RS Text Box
SceneManager._scene.cancelResult() - Is the same as hitting the CANCEL button of the RS Text Box

So maybe one of these scripts can work to quit the scene.

Tell me if worked!

Attachments

• Eli_MobileControls_RS_InputDialog.zip
    1,023 bytes · Views: 3

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_6_24_2022_9_20_7.png
Here's Mike when you get a preemptive strike in battle. There's another one for when an enemy sneaks up on you too.
Suddenly, games mean nothing. The money spent was worth it to bring souls towards the light of life. May God bless my path forever. I pray that all are shaken for truth and poured out flat on the table of true understanding, knowledge, and wisdom. Bless you.
Finally I bought OMORI...cant wait to get traumatised!!!
Finished making this pretty ambitious forest map. Was wondering what y'all think of it! :kaopride:
1656136876015.png
All this anger everywhere,Who's happy but me?
Seems to be all the people that don't follow Jesus wholeheartedly. My smile might burn you ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jereDev