Fufi_Saintz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I got it now. Only when the text box is active on screen.
To add this patch below the RS plugin, I think I managed to make it work.
Hi!
It did work, but not solved my problem, although I feel like we're almost there. Please read.
I put the plugins in the correct order, and added the Scene_InputDialog into the scene list as you said (see images): now in Android the buttons are "clickable/tappable" while RS plugin is active, but they have no effects.
I tried assigning a letter to a button, to see if the letter appeared in the input text box, but nothing. Also I tried to set a button to "tab", following the (absurd?) idea that in Android, as in Win, the virtual keyboard could be triggered by "moving the cursor" in the input text box: nothing again.
However, during one of my tests (I made A LOT) it worked! When in the game, during a battle, the RS plugin started, the keyboard appeared!! This is exactly what I need!
However, it was during an experiment in which I added many buttons to test them and the main character was not in the normal starting position, but when I deleted the "experimental" buttons and changed the main character starting position to how it should be in my game, it didn't work anymore.
I will sure make more experiments in the next days to see if I can get it.
Note: I made tests making the .apk with the Altimit system.

Attachments

• Thakns01.jpg
    Thakns01.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Thanks02.jpg
    Thanks02.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!
It did not work, but I feel like we're almost there! Please read.
I put the plugins in the correct order, and added the Scene_InputDialog into the scene list as you said (see images): now in Android the buttons are "clickable/tappable" while RS plugin is active, but they have no effects.
I tried assigning a letter to a button, to see if the letter appeared in the input text box, but nothing. Also I tried to set a button to "tab", following the (absurd?) idea that in Android, as in Win, the virtual keyboard could be triggered by "moving the cursor" in the input text box, nothing the same.
However, during one of my tests (I made A LOT) it worked! When in the game, during a battle, the RS plugin started, the keyboard appeared!! This is exactly what I need!
However, it was during an experiment in which I added a lot of buttons and the main character was not in the normal starting position, and when I deleted the "experimental" buttons and changed the main character starting position to haow it should be in my game, it didn't work anymore.
I will sure make more experiments in the next days to see if I can get it.
Note: I made tests making the .apk with the Altimit system.
Understood. But that was the expected behavior.
My buttons will not work to write on the text input field automatically.
You will need to assign script calls for them, so they can make something on the scene.

SceneManager._scene.okResult() - This is the same as hitting the OK button of the RS Text Box
SceneManager._scene.cancelResult() - Is the same as hitting the CANCEL button of the RS Text Box
These two script calls are an example. If you assign one of them to buttons, when you tapp the button, they will work.
1653295392907.png

But to write text on the Textbox, I think you will need the Android Keyboard. You need to find a way for one of my buttons call/make appear the keyboard for Android. So you can use it to type.

The thing is, the patch worked. My buttons are now working on the Text Input scene. But you need to assign a functionality for them.

Before, even if you assign a script call for them, they will not work. Now they will.

Jeff_182

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to use it on RMMV 1.6.1 but the controls don't show up on the screen even after configuring, what should I do?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm trying to use it on RMMV 1.6.1 but the controls don't show up on the screen even after configuring, what should I do?
Hi there!

I need more information to help you:
  • Are you using Eli Book above it?
  • If you press F12 and go to the CONSOLE tab, are there any errors?
  • Show me a screenshot of your plugin manager.
  • Show me screenshots of how you set up the plugin parameters.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main game of my trilo/saga 50%OFF on Steam..... its now or never more
I swap between Ace and MZ so I can stay fresh but - what do you mean you can use subfolders in the plugin's folder for easier organization!?
Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!
Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lestat90