Eli Pause Game - Works like the old retro games!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Author: Hakuen Studio

Introduction

• This is a simple plugin that adds a pause scene with a background image of your choice when you press a button on Scene_Map.

Features

• Pause the game pressing a button when you are at the scene map(This also stops the $gameSystem.playTime()).
• Choose an image to show when the game is paused.
• It saves the current playTime(Graphics.frameCount/$gameSystem.playTime()) before you pause, and restore it after you leave the pause scene.

How to use

• You can choose an image from your system folder. Make sure it is the size of your game resolution. You can also not use any image.

• Check out this site to find your desired javascript keycode:
https://keycode.info/

To pause the game you can press the keyboard button you choose or the button on the screen.
To unpause the game, you can either press the keyboard button again or click/touch the screen.

The image of the on-screen button has to be a specific format that follows this aspect ratio:
Width: 1
Height: 2
Ex:
Width: 48
Height: 96

You can use the plugin command to pause the game manually too.

You can check if the button is pressed using "pause".
Input.isTriggered("pause")
Input.isPressed("pause")
etc...

Terms of Use

https://www.hakuenstudio.com/rpg-maker/terms-of-use

DOWNLOAD
EliMZ_PauseGame.js
Update Log
Version 1.1.0 - 10/16/2020
- Adapt to Eli Book 2.0.0
- Add more parameters to set the position of the button on the map.
Version 1.0.0 - 09/26/2020
- Plugin release!

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice! A classic old school feature everyone loves!

Tonedawg181

Tonedawg Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
looks great! is there a way i can make it just do pause on combat screens, but if your just running around in the world (out of combat) it's not active?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
looks great! is there a way i can make it just do pause on combat screens, but if your just running around in the world (out of combat) it's not active?
Do you mean, that wants the pause scene to work only in Battle? And not in the map?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 1.1.0 - 10/16/2020
- Adapt to Eli Book 2.0.0
- Add more parameters to set the position of the button on the map.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Dad's watching a WWII documentary while I work on some cool assets for my games. I just love RPG Maker!
Also Happy Halloween! Dad's friend won't be coming unfortunately, but Dad will still be taking me to Boxi Park to have some fun tonight! I'll be posting a video on my YouTube channel of the show, and I'll be sure to post a link here.
"Nightmares exist outside of logic and there's little fun to be had in explanations. They're antithetical to the poetry of fear. In a horror story the victim keeps asking why, but there can be no explanation and there shouldn't be one..." - Stephen King
I feel people seek explanation and demand it sometimes in games, but in the horror genre, well, maybe you shouldn't have one. Silent Hill 1 comes to mind...
Managed to implement QSprite.

Always double check your plugin order.

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emcautley1