Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
capa.png
Author: Hakuen Studio

Introduction

Currently, RPG Maker only lets you use a skill for the cost of two things: MP & TP.

This plugin will let you add to the cost HP, items, and variables!
(If using Eli Custom Parameters, this will also work for Hp/mp/tp type of custom parameters!)

Features

Implements custom costs to use skills:

● Custom Parameter cost
● Variable costs
● Item costs for skills
● Hp costs for skills

How to use

♦ Plugin Parameters ♦

The parameter "Draw Custom Costs?" let you choose the behavior of drawing the skill cost on the right side of a skill name. It has 3 options:

Default - Drawn the skill costs, just like RPG Maker does.
Single - Drawn only one skill cost(according to the Draw order parameter that I will explain below)
single cost.PNG
Multiple - Drawn all skill costs.
all costs.PNG

It only regulates the costs to be drawn. This means, a skill can cost gold, mp, and tp, but still, only one of them will be drawn.

Variables:
Let you choose the color that the variable cost will be drawn. If you choose none, it will be color index 0 of your window skin.

Draw Order:

With this parameter, you can control which order the plugin will draw the skill costs. What will come first, HP, MP, Variable, etc.

♦ Note tags ♦

You can set the costs via the skill note field.

● Custom Parameters:
First, it will only work for Custom Parameters that are HP/MP/TP-like.
And of course, you will have to be using Eli Custom Parameters.
Use the note tag:
<CParamCost: paramShortName:costValue>

● Variables:
<VarCost: varId:costValue>

● Items:
<ItemsCost: ItemId:costValue>

● Gold:
<GoldCost: value>

● Hp:
<HpCost: costValue, allowDeath>

The Hp cost is a little bit different to set up. Instead of using ":" to separate the arguments, you use a comma ",".
You can replace allowDeath with true or false. If true, even if you don't have enough HP to use the skill, it will use anyway and will kill the player.

For variables, items, and custom parameters, you can set as many as you like, as long you separate each of them with a ";".

Example:

<VarCost: 1:3; 5:10>
- This skill costs 3 points of variable id 3 and 10 points of variable id 5

It is important to know that the plugin will not override the default conditions/cost values that the engine requires it.
So if you want one skill to only costs you a variable value, for example, you need to set the MP and TP cost(in the RPG Maker Editor) to 0.

Terms of Use
https://www.hakuenstudio.com/rpg-maker/terms-of-use

DOWNLOAD
Eli_SkillCosts.js
Update Log
Version 1.1.2 - 05/12/2021
- Fixed a bug where the user was not paying the custom parameter cost.
Version 1.1.1 - 05/10/2021
- Fixed a typo when entering the parameter short name, that was only allowed to insert numbers instead of text.
Version 1.1.0 - 05/10/2021
- Add a way to show all or just one cost type on the right name of the skill.
- Add a plugin parameter for you to choose the order in which the cost will be drawn.
- Add gold cost type.
- Add a plugin parameter that lets you choose the color of each type that will be drawn on the right side of the skill name.
Version 1.0.0 - 05/07/2021
- Plugin release!

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi there Eli.

Is it compatible with Visustella's stuff? I mainly ask that because your plugin seems to be much more user-friendly than the skill costs from Visu, but I'm afraid of compatibility issues.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there Eli.

Is it compatible with Visustella's stuff? I mainly ask that because your plugin seems to be much more user-friendly than the skill costs from Visu, but I'm afraid of compatibility issues.
Hi!
Well, I did not test it.
Can you try it out? Maybe it will work but have some problems showing the visual part on the skill scene. Don't know for sure =/
You will have to test it

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Sure, I will give it a shot as soon as I finish some pending stuff. I'll try to give you some feedback asap.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have made 60 new skills! ''after test'' I have made 3 new skills!

Made a new battleback this week! How's it look?
"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raw2na