CaptainGameMaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @Eliaquim!

I downloaded your link that you sent in your reply in my other post. I now have the Eli_Book, Eli_CustomParameters, and Eli_ClassCurves. I will post Pictures of my plugin order as well as the error messages that show.

Plugin Order:

Eli Plugin Order.png

Error Message With Eli ClassCurves ON:

Eli Class Curves Error Message.png

Error Message With Eli ClassCurves OFF:

Eli Custom Parameters error message.png

EDIT: After test running in a new game with just the three plugins and none other, there were no error messages, however no custom parameter visible anywhere as if I did not install it.

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello @Eliaquim!

I downloaded your link that you sent in your reply in my other post. I now have the Eli_Book, Eli_CustomParameters, and Eli_ClassCurves. I will post Pictures of my plugin order as well as the error messages that show.

Plugin Order:

View attachment 250359

Error Message With Eli ClassCurves ON:

View attachment 250360

Error Message With Eli ClassCurves OFF:

View attachment 250361

EDIT: After test running in a new game with just the three plugins and none other, there were no error messages, however no custom parameter visible anywhere as if I did not install it.
The first error message seems to me that you did not setup the Eli class curve correctly.

The class curve plugin need to have the same amount of custom parameters that the Custom parameters plugin have.

If you created 3 new parameters, you need to create them on the class curve plugin too.

---------

About the second error, seems to be a incompatibility with AltMenuScreen plugin.

Either way, my plugin does not show the custom parameters anywhere. It just create the custom parameters, it does not add into any menu.

Send me a sample project replicating both errors above that I will take a look into it.

CaptainGameMaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok will do. Thanks Eliaquim!

EDIT: Also in order to replicate both errors in my project, I had to deactivate one of the plugins. To be exact, the class curve error happened when all three plugins active. For the custom parameter error I had to deactivate the class curve plugin.

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!

I just opened the sample project you sent me on PM, and I already see an error in your setup.
It's like I told you before:
The first error message seems to me that you did not setup the Eli class curve correctly.

The class curve plugin need to have the same amount of custom parameters that the Custom parameters plugin have.

If you created 3 new parameters, you need to create them on the class curve plugin too.

---------

On your Custom Parameter plugin, you have this:
1673481667114.png

But you did not set up these custom parameters on the class curve plugin:
1673481628683.png

You need to set up them on the class curve parameter too.

--------------------

But I did only manage to trigger the errors by selecting continue the game/load a save file. When I just start a new game, after I properly set up the plugin, I didn't manage to trigger any error.

So, you also need to start a new game. Every time you add a new plugin to your project, you cannot just keep playing the game using a previous save file(when the new plugin was not installed yet). You have a higher chance of the game crashing. It's not always, there are some exceptions, but chances are high.

-----------------------------------

So make the adjustments I told, start a new game, and tell me if it works.

CaptainGameMaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Eli!
Got everything set correctly and had zero errors up until I recruited people to my party. Then as soon as I press the pause menu I get this error message:
Error Message Conflict.png

So this only happens upon after attacking a ship then boarding. Only during boarding events am I able to recruit crew members. After I do though, the second I press the pause button thereafter, I get this error message. I did some tests and process of elimination. I tried first disabling some of YEP plugins. Still received the same error, but once I disabled the Eli plugins, I can now access the pause menu after recruitement. Is there any way of making Eli plugins compatible with YEP plugins? Or is maybe the Core of YEP probably the source of conflicts because it also has setting within its params to set the maximum values of things like HP and MP and whatnot?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Eli!
Got everything set correctly and had zero errors up until I recruited people to my party. Then as soon as I press the pause menu I get this error message:
View attachment 250643

So this only happens upon after attacking a ship then boarding. Only during boarding events am I able to recruit crew members. After I do though, the second I press the pause button thereafter, I get this error message. I did some tests and process of elimination. I tried first disabling some of YEP plugins. Still received the same error, but once I disabled the Eli plugins, I can now access the pause menu after recruitement. Is there any way of making Eli plugins compatible with YEP plugins? Or is maybe the Core of YEP probably the source of conflicts because it also has setting within its params to set the maximum values of things like HP and MP and whatnot?
Hi there!
This is not a compatibility issue. I have seen this error several times around the forum.

I believe, what is happening, is that some value of some actor parameter is not right. Either is resulting in a non-number value or even a decimal value. Higher probability that is the MP or HP value.

You will have to dig up, how do you set this new actor parameters.

Since you are using the Class curves, what did you make there?
There is any class that is using some formula for the parameter?
Did you set up the custom parameters on the classes curves too?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Back to streaming more Poppet Quest game dev in about 15 minutes. :LZSexcite:

I like how in 2018 I was able to build a really good PC for less than 600 USD, with a 10 series GPU, which was the latest gen at the time. Now in 2023 for 650usd I can build something with a 20 series card, which is 4 years old and 2 gen behind now. Pc parts pricing is a complete mess nowadays.
Me: *sudden burst of motivation to do something amazing*
Me, 5 minutes later: "Yeah, that's not happening"
1iVi6I.png

Continuing our countdown with Capsule Monster #13 Tomey Thomas! I loved the idea of a tiny book gaining sentience and being a little wizard. It’s a shame none of his spells are useful XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flav9