RMMZ Eli_MapSelect Causing error when I go in to select a map.

SinSilver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I was using Eli's Map Select Plugin just fine a few hours ago but now I'm getting " TypeError: pos.split is not a function or its return value is not iterable".

I tried disabling all of my plugins except Eli's Plugins. I tried changing the size of the picture. Checking the parameters to make sure they were correct.

I have photos of my current plugins, console, and error:

Plugins.PNG
Error.PNG
Console.PNG

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there! ^^
The error happens as soon as you open the scene?
Or it only happens when you click to transfer to a map?

The plugin is trying to destructure an array into two variables:
const [x, y] = pos.split(",")
That array comes from the parameter position when you are setting the maps:
1620417790074.png

This error can probably be happening if you miss the comma (",") between the two numbers.

Can you try to check out if all your position parameters have the comma separating X and Y ?

SinSilver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks @Eliaquim for the help. So it does appear that was the issue and I'm no longer getting the error when I use the Map Select. Originally the position parameter was set to 0. I changed it to 8, 7 and now it works.

However, I have a new issue when I select a Map from 'Map Select' on the title screen or by selecting a map in-game using 'S' I'm getting just a Black Screen. The game is running because I'm able to go into the main menu and select a new map as well.

Update: Nevermind about the Black Screen, I was just being an idiot lol.

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks @Eliaquim for the help. So it does appear that was the issue and I'm no longer getting the error when I use the Map Select. Originally the position parameter was set to 0. I changed it to 8, 7 and now it works.

However, I have a new issue when I select a Map from 'Map Select' on the title screen or by selecting a map in-game using 'S' I'm getting just a Black Screen. The game is running because I'm able to go into the main menu and select a new map as well.

Update: Nevermind about the Black Screen, I was just being an idiot lol.
haha! It's ok!
So everything is working now?

SinSilver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep, everything is working, now I'm just looking for the best plugin to show images when using your Plugin. Thanks so much for the help!!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Draw something
Me: No problemo! ''draws something''
Now draw the same thing from a different angle
Me: So....You have discovered my weakness...
I got a new PC... Nothing wrong with my lil laptop at all! Still works great, and I'll be using it for school. But, the specs for gaming were falling off fast. So I was selfish and bought myself a beast of a PC ^-^
Newstuff.PNG

Held hostage in my own house half the day by an old man that cant take hints or read body language, STILL manage to make some pixels! booyah! I should get a promotion!....No wait...I should get a job o_O
Potions are to be hoarded, not used... >_>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Braska_Elnor