- Oct 24, 2015
- Reaction score
- First Language
Disclaimer: I did this mostly as a learning experiment for RPG Maker MV, but it should also be usuable. Perhaps something similar is even already implemented in some of the core plugins, I didn't check.
This is a pretty straightforward script that works nicely in a plug'n'play style, no real setup required.
What does it do?
It changes the way your battle works slightly, by turning it into ATB (Active Time Battle) combat; as many of the Final Fantasy games (plus a few others).
It adds a new gauge besides your HP, MP (and possibly TP), called a "AT" gauge. The speed that this gauge fills up is based on your character Agility. The most agility he has, the quicker the gauge fills up.
A character gets to act when his gauge is full. So your combat is no longer structured on rounds where everyone gets to act exactly the same amount of time, but instead is more free-form: a character that is considerably faster will get to act more times during a fight. Monsters use the same system (but their gauge is hidden).
You can set a "weight" for the Agility attribute, if you feel that the default one doesn't work well with the numbers you're using in your project (i.e: perhaps you want to make Agility even more relevant, or perhaps you feel like this script is making agility a bit too relevant and want to tune it down).
You can also set a "Turn Timer" - this is relevant for mid-battle Events that have a turn condition. This is basically the "Agility" that the turn timer would have (it also might affect status effects set for "Turn End" instead of "Action End").
Feel free to use this script as much as you want. I just can't offer any warranty.
The code is obviously a bit of a mess - I've just coded this throught the witching hours after a full workday. But do let me know of any bugs or other issues!
Current Version: 2015-11-28-1906:
* 2015-11-28-1906: Cast motion should now finish at the proper time.
* 2015-11-26-1052: Added the option of mid-battle escape.
* 2015-11-22-1515: Fixed a bug with Confusion/Enrage effects and casting times.
* 2015-11-22-0925: Made enemy gauges compatible with Yanfly's sprite sideviews for enemies (and possible other similar SV sprites).
* 2015-11-22-0453: Can now also use <atb_duration_paramARAM> on states. See HELP.
* 2015-11-20-1808: Added <haste> notetag for states, actors, classes, equips and enemies, and <atb_duration:> notetag for states.
* 2015-11-14-2144: Added the <start_atb:NUMBER> note-tag feature. Can be used on actor, class, equip and enemy to set a starting amount of ATB.
* 2015-11-14-2004: Can now select which parameter to use for casting, instead of it being fixed on Agi. There's a global parameter, and the note <cast_param:>.
* 2015-11-14-1629: Added Battler EndTurn Effects parameter.
* 2015-11-14-1518: Added delay system. See HELP.
* 2015-11-14-1405: Separated a few stuff into their own method, like casting stop/starting and atb ratio.
* 2015-11-14-0154: Made step back when casting compatible with Yanfly's.
* 2015-11-14-0134: Turn prediction now predicts casting times when hovering over a skill with cast_time.
* 2015-11-11-2339: Fixed an issue with Turn Timer and Instant ATB.
* 2015-11-11-1101: Added paramaters for the Turn Order Display to show symbols when hovering over skills that affect the predction. Work in progress, it looks pretty crude still. And it still needs to predict cast on hover too (it only displays after selection for now). Leave those parameters blank to disable the feature.
* 2015-11-09-2317: Enemies now also use the different interruptible cast gauge color.
* 2015-11-09-2317: Separated the drawActorATBGauge method for better compatibility with interface and gauges plugins. (Thanks for the suggestion, Bobstah!)
* 2015-11-09-0119: Characters with restricted movement (stun, for example) have their cast interrupted and their gauge display stays empty.
* 2015-11-08-2354: Fixed casting actors staying forward until the next action.
* 2015-11-08-2354: Added Imported.Ellye_ATB for compatibility.
* 2015-11-08-2307: Can now mark skills as <interruptible> and other skills as <interrupt>. Also added parameters related to the interrupt system. See HELP.
* 2015-11-08-2157: Can now add custom <cast_motion:MOTION> and <cast_animation:NUMBER> per skill. See help.
* 2015-11-08-1557: Added a Default Animation parameter (played at start of cast, defaults to 0 due to compatibility, but I recommend 52 from the default RM MV database).
* 2015-11-08-1557: Added a Default Cast Motion parameter.
* 2015-11-08-1557: Added the option of using reversed cast gauges.
* 2015-11-07-1722: Fixed a bug with lingering enemy cast bars depending on how it finished casting.
* 2015-11-07-1722: Improved performance of enemy gauges slightly.
* 2015-11-07-0519: Added ATB gauges and Cast gauges for enemies, and parameters to configure it. PENDING: Offset per enemy (via [Note]), configurable gauge back color, and a few other optional stuff.
* 2015-11-07-0222: Added parameters for positioning actor name and state icons.
* 2015-11-07-0036: Made the turn prediction understand casting times (work in progress, still needs improvment (and visual indicators)). It doesn't read casting times on hover yet, though.
* 2015-11-07-0036: Fixed an issue with the Turn Prediction not working properly with skills that delayed the caster turn.
* 2015-11-07-0036: The cast bar remains visible while the actors executes his skill.
* 2015-11-05-2319: Added Battle Turn Event parameter.
* 2015-11-05-2319: Added a casting time bar and parameters for it.
* 2015-11-02-2336: Very early draft of the Casting Time system is now available. If you want to help test it, use <cast_time:NUMBER> on skill notes.
* 2015-11-02-1423: Fixed an issue with self affecting ATB not showing up properly.
* 2015-11-02-1350: Turn Prediction interface now reacts to the player hovering over skills that interact with the ATB system (as long as they do it via Notes). (Work in Progress)
* 2015-11-02-1123: Added option to resize Skill/Item window when using Turn Order Predction, so it stays visible.
* 2015-11-02-1026: Added option to hide ATB gauge.
* 2015-11-02-1026: Added instant ATB mode.
* 2015-11-02-0959: Added configurable opacity gradient for the turn order display.
* 2015-11-02-0959: Added option to invert CTB display to Right-to-Left.
* 2015-11-02-0639: Fixed CTB bugs related to dead monsters and actors resulting in incorrect predictions. No dead battler will show up on the bar for now, an option will be given to show them if wanted, in the future.
* 2015-11-02-0639: Can now use the [Note] field for ATB formulas. SEE HELP.
* 2015-10-31-1416: Fixed a stepping forward bug when multiple actors filled their AT at the same time (they all stepped forward).
* 2015-10-31-1416: Made forward stepping optional.
* 2015-10-31-1254: Added a Average Turn Timer parameter. It overrides the Turn Timer when used. It's ON by default.
* 2015-10-31-1208: Made the stepping forward animation compatible with YEP_BattleEngineCore.
* 2015-10-31-0325: Monsters now properly show their name instead of their Battler Image name in CTB.
* 2015-10-31-0325: Characters now step forward when its their turn.
* 2015-10-30-0404: Major overhaul on how status are handled. See HELP.
* 2015-10-30-0147: Added parameters for SE playability. Check HELP.
* 2015-10-30-0021: Rebalanced the duration of status effects
* 2015-10-29-2330: Added parameters for gauge positions (thanks, djDarkX)
* 2015-10-28-2300: Implemented iavra's workaround to get parameters without depending on filename.
* 2015-10-28-2300: Added Gauge Color parameters
* 2015-10-28-2300: Added Turn Order Prediction interface (WORK IN PROGRESS)
* Added parameter for random starting ATB bonus.
* Pre-emptive and surprise attack now function properly.
* Added starting ATB parameter based on AGI.
* Fixed battle events set to fire on turn 0+0 not firing (thanks, Kistulot)
* Fixed dead battlers still gaining ATB.
* Added the option to display Fight/Escape window.
* Added a parameter for the gauge name.
* Added a parameter that allows the developer to select if At-End-Of-Turn effects should happen after an actor takes its action, or for everyone at the end of Turn Timer. (thanks, atreyoray)
* Corrected a few bugs regarding monsters with the same agility not attacking;
* Corrected a few bugs regarding Auto-Battle;
* Corrected a few bugs regarding Status Effects that happened per turn.
Last edited by a moderator: