Ellye's ATB (also includes CTB option)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Mellye, Oct 24, 2015.

1. JAD94

JAD94 The lunar knight Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This script is amazing and so fun to use! Thank you so much!  :)

EDIT:

The screen before the battle commands (Fight or Run) does not show while this plug in is active, is there anyway to change this?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  2. Thanos

Thanos Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I would like to know as well, unable to run from battles with this plugin.

3. hydro_sapien

hydro_sapien Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    May I suggest having the ATB bar change colors depending on AGI buff and Debuffs(paramater buffs/debuffs included. It would be a good indicator for state changes.

Mellye likes this.
  4. Caxlb

Caxlb Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Awesome script! Not sure if I have found a glitch, though (it could be something on my end). If an enemy is the last enemy alive, it will attack itself before using the correct skill. I've tested this without any other plugins and I have not modified the base scripts, but could not replicate the issue in a fresh game... Any ideas? I'm not sure where the second attack could be being called from...

5. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I'm aware of this one, I'll be doing something about it soon. Also for the option of "Auto-battle" for those that might want it.

That's a cool idea! Thanks.

That's really weird, not sure if it was related to the plugin, but I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Good point, I'll see if I can do it!

The gauge does wait up while you're selecting commands, so you can take your time.

I might offer the option of it not waiting, for those that prefer it, but for now it already acts as you want it to.

I can work at the plugin mostly on weekends, so don't worry if I don't have many updates throught the week - they will be coming at the weekend.

I appreciate all the bug reports!

UPDATE:

I've added the option to show the Fight/Escape window (plus a few other options). Please let me know if something doesn't work properly with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
    JAD94, Kistulot and hmind like this.
  6. HuLijin

HuLijin Warper Member

First Language:
    French
    Thank you for this script, it does exactly what i needed :)

I played with it a little and did some modifications, one is addind a max value for atb gauge for each battler (to mimic the system used in FFX2), the other is just a little tweak.

First one :

The idea was to allow the user to modify how quickly the ATB gauge grows. Your "unintended feature" does actually a lot of stuff, for example, when an ally can cast a "haste" skill for the next action on the party by using the "b.atb+=full_atb/2;" formula or by adding/substracting agi.

I just extended this feature by adding a new attribute : max_tab, used to change the length of the ATB gauge after that the battler performed an action. For exemple, using a item is a quicl action, it will use "a.max_atb = full_atb/4". Casting a AoE skill is a time costly action, it will use "a.max_atb = full_atb". Default is max_atb/2.And default full_atb is 100 000.

I also changed the graphics. This effect is similar to what we can see in FFX2.

EllyeSimpleATB.txt

Second one :

Very little tweak. I added the battler attack speed in the formula :

battler.atb += (base_atb_increase + battler.agi * (agi_weight/100) + battler.attackSpeed());so we can use this parameter to create "haste" states without messing with the agility parameter.

I am not sure about how usefull this can be, but maybe someone could need this extra parameter.

In fact i wanted to use the speed parameter of skills and items, but i didn't succeded, so i tried this instead.

Thank you very much again, it is a great script for ATB gauges !

Attached Files:

Mellye likes this.
  7. Kistulot

Kistulot Easily Distracted Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is awesome! I've had some time to play with it, and I really dig it.

One thing I wanted to try doing was mimicing the affect of an Action Point in 4th Ed D&D. To specify, this means that a player would be basically able to act twice in one turn, with the triggering event being independent from the attack they used. Think of it sort of like the Quick spell from FFVI, instead of using say, Quick Attack and going again, you'd use Action Point, and then go twice in a round. I attempted to basically make it so throwing off that ability would double fill the gague, but I think once it uses an ability, if I understand the behavior I'm getting, it still clears it out and the extra is discarded.

I was able to get a free round after using the ability, but of course that just meant the ability itself did nothing.

Is this functionality you believe this plugin could add, or should it be something a little bit different to execute? IE the spell giving a state that gives +ATB, or some sort of switchery? This may be outside of the scope of your intentions, and I apologize, but I figured it didn't hurt to ask.

Regardless, thank you for this really cool plugin :)

8. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I'm happy that this is being useful!

Excess is not discarded, so you could make an ability with the formula:

a.atb+100000It should give you two extra turns (if this isn't happening, let me know, it's a bug then!). Since you spent one turn using that skill, at the end you got one extra turn out of this.

I do am working on a more advanced battle system script (that uses ATB and builds on it), that should allow for deeper customization and more intricate skills too.

PS: Do make sure you're using the lastest version; one of the earlier versions had a bug that caused the ATB bar to be lost twice after an action (so you would end up spending both your extra turns indeed).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
  9. Kistulot

First Language:
    English
    Aaaah perfect! Thank you for your quick reply!

That worked perfectly, and it helped me to see what I was doing wrong. I got the syntax right, but basically I was using too small of a number like a sillyhead. I'd gotten the rest of the idea right, which makes me feel good at least! This definitely presents interesting opportunities even at this simple stage. Not going to say that I can't imagine this getting to be even more neat with time, but what you've got here is a really cool, really neat start.

I'll be eager to see what you come up with in the future! Best of luck!

10. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Thanks, glad it worked! And yeah, I ended up using a really arbitrary value for a full ATB here (50000).

I hope to have something cool in the coming weeks.

Kistulot likes this.
  11. Sera

Sera Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm amazed to see one of these being posted so quickly. It works really well, too. I have a really specific question though.

Would it be possible to edit this script to preserve identical functionality, but make the calculation instantaneous? In other words, the projected turn order is calculated in advance based on the ATB, but is then put into action without the player needing to wait for any bars to fill.

12. Kistulot

First Language:
    English
    I may have found one other thing to consider, though this may be another one where I'm not doing it right, but I imagine someone else might bring it up too. Feel free to tell me I'm being a bother!

In scenarios where one wants things to fire off as soon as the fight starts, basically say a battle that is more for plot than substantive battle, or even just where it has to start off with some dialogue, enemy actions, etc, I've found you set the battle event to 0, tell it to do things as normal, and it works like a charm. However, with this it seems that things don't take place until an actor has well, acted. So preempting a battle with "Mwaha, now I've got you!" and a forced attack from the hero (just an example for the sake of using a battle as a cutscene) doesnt fire until after an actor's turn.

Realizing you intend to do more dramatic things later, this may be a "Good to keep in mind, at this time that doesn't work!" and I'm not about to argue. But I wanted to bring it to your attention as something worth noting.

Thanks again!

Mellye likes this.
  13. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Not a bother at all, I really appreciate the feedback - I don't have a lot of time to test my stuff in those first few days, so this is great for me.

I can already see why this issue is happening, and I think I already know how to fix it. I'll take a look when I get home, thanks!

14. Robe Guy

Robe Guy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hmm... I tried it and it really just seems like turn base but it takes a lot longer time. Like, first it's just the bars loading for a bit, then all the characters go at the same time like how it would be default, then the enemies go. The only difference is the time it takes for the bar to fill. The time it takes the bars to fill up should be based on Agility. And maybe since nothing happens at the beginning of the battle, the bar could start filled until after the first turn. But still thank you for making one of these for MV!

EDIT: It says in the settings that agility does matter, but all the characters bars are the same. Weird I checked the database and they all do have different Agility levels.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
  15. Thanos

Thanos Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Not sure why it's not working for you, but agility does indeed make the bar fill faster for me.

I was going to say that the default classes all have the same stats, but if you checked and changed them.. then I have no idea.

Robe Guy likes this.
  16. Robe Guy

Robe Guy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Ya I dunno what's up, but I really wanna use this!

17. Kistulot

First Language:
    English
    I can confirm agility affected it for me at least! To test things, I set my slot 1 actor to double everyone else's agility and the difference is noticeable. Did you accidentally change how agility is weighted in the plugin? Just a thought!

Robe Guy likes this.
  18. Robe Guy

Robe Guy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    No, I didn't change anything from the default.

19. afn360

afn360 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey, great plugin I really like it, works just the way I want it to. I have encountered a problem though, Yanfly's Skill cool down plugin seems to not work with this, at first I thought it was an issue with the cool down note tags, but then I disabled ATB and they began to work again. Do you think I might be putting ATB in the wrong spot on my plugins list? I tried moving it around but it still didn't work correctly. It seems that the ATB system breaks the skill cool downs, is there anyway you can fix this? Thanks in advanced for a reply :D

20. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Weird.

Just to confirm that something wrong is happening to you, can you make them have absurdly different Agility? Like, 500 for one, 1 for the other, and such?

If it keeps not working, I'll send you a PM so we might try to figure out what went wrong there. The version on the pastebin seems to be working nicely here.

Robe Guy likes this.