Ellye's ATB (also includes CTB option)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Mellye, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Aurawhisperer

Aurawhisperer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is this compatible with yanfly plugins? Had to drop Yanflys ATB plugin due to incompatibilities with turn ends, and turn events in battle event

2. JohnOminae

JohnOminae Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm currently using this with plenty of Yanfly plugins without issue so far. In fact, this ATB plugin has more usable values to even be used for HUD Maker to make a custom battle HUD.

3. Aurawhisperer

First Language:
    English
    What about turns? Is it compatible with turns? Like acknowledge end turns or turns?

4. JohnOminae

JohnOminae Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, sorry. Missed that you were talking about in battle events. I can say that it does acknowledge turns.

5. Aurawhisperer

First Language:
    English
    Alright. I'll give this ATB a shot.

6. Aurawhisperer

First Language:
    English
    Just tested it, and it does not acknowledge turns or turn ends via Battle Events

Edit: Which is weird, because I overviewed the plugin and found options between battle turn and battle end turn. Both are suppose to acknowledge turns via battle event

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  7. HasuHasi

HasuHasi Learning every day Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey, I also use it with Yanfly's library, they don't clash at all. You don't have real "turn ends" with the ATB system. What do you need the end turns for? If it's just for the duration of states the plugin has got you covered. If you need it to do something specific after a "specific turn" I think that probably is contrary to the idea of an ATB system.

8. Aurawhisperer

First Language:
    English
    Time attack events. Can be from doing a fun challenge to you need to beat the level at this time or game over. It's a huge thing in every RPG, and I love its practice

To be clearer, I use these turn events base off Timer challenges.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  9. HasuHasi

First Language:
    English
    Oh okay. So what you could do is take your primary character's action as a trigger for this? Or the opponent's action. Don't know how you can target that event with variable though :(.

10. Aurawhisperer

First Language:
    English
    Hence why Yanfly gave up on the project because of this issue. When you told me this ATB can work with turns, I literally thought you mean turn ends or turns in Battle Event. Sadly, no variable can work this out. Because ATB is a tick base.

11. HasuHasi

First Language:
    English
    Well it depends. In the default battle a turn end occurs when the last character has acted.

This obviously does not occur in ATB, because you have cool mechanics like a superpower charging up for a longer time or a character having very high AGI thus hitting twice, while a slower character only hits once.

But you certainly could define a different rule for when "a turn" is over. It could actually stay the same - e.g. when the slowest character has acted or when the fastes character has acted for the 2nd time. Or just a fixed number of ticks, that approximately averages a turn (in my case it would be 75'000 ticks).

12. thepsyche

thepsyche Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @HasuHasi I'm just not quite adept enough at the RPG Maker world enough yet to be able to understand how to execute what you mean, but I really want to.

My interpretation of what you said is that a turn is possible if you define it in ticks. My question is - not knowing much about ATB - if you have the turn value set to your example of 75,000 ticks, does that ever become a problem as the characters gain AGI throughout the game?

13. HasuHasi

First Language:
    English
    Sadly, I'm also not able to make changes to the code, as I'm not a coder. But I think, this is the logic you could use to create fake turn ends.

Yes, the increasing AGI values are a big problem for me. What I'd like to do, is that for example, when you enter certain point of the game, the effect of your AGI is decreased by e.g. 20%. That way AGI doesn't lose it's importance but also the turns don't get increadibly quick once you hit >150 AGI. And you can do that multiple times to account for middle and lategame. Sadly I lack the programming skills to do this =((

So right now, this problem is unsolved for me. Maybe I'll commission someone to do it for me at some point.

14. Dankovsky

Dankovsky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    RU
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've tried every single ATB plugin that was released so far and let me tell you, this one is the absolute best in regards of features and customization. It's a real shame that Mellye dissapeared two years ago and didn't complete the compatibility fixes... Would be wonderful to have an updated version of this plugin...

captainette777, Sauteed_Onion and SOC like this.
  15. GlennStarguardian

GlennStarguardian Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a way in which the character's gauges keep filling when one is already full, and they keep going during a skill sequence? Take FFIV: CC as an example, in which during a skill sequence, you can still command characters, but they only perform their action after the first one is done. When you have a full team of 4, it is really boring to have to execute an action in order for the battle to keep going, and also not being able to switch between turns (Though I know that is impossible in RMMV).
    Excuse my bad english

16. Dankovsky

Dankovsky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    RU
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't think Ellye finished non-stop ATB system in this plugin.
    You would want another ATB to do this, there are several with this option. Check out Yanfly's and Victor Sant's.
    Personally I find full-stop ATB to be more user-friendly and easier to balance.

Maliki79 likes this.
  17. Kenode

Kenode Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How do you get Yanfly's ATB system to work? I've read support was dropped for it, and I couldn't get it to work myself. (I figured this was the reason?)
    I was looking around and found MPP's, which works exactly the way I'm looking for (constant flow of time), but it's incompatible with Yanfly's battle core/plugins, and Victor plugins will just prevent the game to run saying they are incompatible with Yanfly's plugins.
    Yelly's works great with Yanfly's plugins, but unfortunately, time stops in middle of the battle.

I suppose everyone has their own tastes and preferences. The reason I am looking for a non-stop system is to make the battle more frantic, and I will also be adding an option to enable any party member to auto battle if the player can't handle so many quick decisions, or just let the player decide on all the movements the members do.

[EDIT] Nevermind, I'm a dummy. I had to set up the Battle Engine Core in Yanfly's plugins to get his ATB system to work. However, I don't see where I can make it a non-stop system. I found a "Tick Settings" tab with the options "Timed States" and "Timed buffs", but they don't seem to change the system to a non stop mode.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  18. Ameer

Ameer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am Using SumRndmDde Battle ui and and filling Bars Does'nt show up Would you make it Compatible with That Ui Capture.PNG

19. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Ameer The OP hasn't been on this site for nearly a year, so is unlikely to see your post.

You might have to post a new thread in JS Plugin Requests

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  20. Ameer

Ameer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kes Well i can Live with it's ok