Ellye's ATB (also includes CTB option)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Mellye, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Kistulot

Kistulot Easily Distracted Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Since I've been causing extra work on an issue of my own I decided to look at this myself, just to see. I have a thing set to cooldown 5. Worked like a charm. So the plugin seems like it may not be the only thing causing the issue.  I even have it above YEP_SkillCore and YEP_X_SkillCooldowns on my list and its fine.

Not that it isn't possibly causing weird issues. If it's below, move it above? Just a thought :)

2. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    There's a decent chance of a conflict existing between the scripts, I didn't check any other plugin yet to make sure.

Do try to change the order, but there's always the possibility that something will still break.

I do intended to implement cooldowns on the more extended version of this system that I'm working on.

------------

By the way, I found a bug regarding the use of skills with that directly modify a.atb if used on an Actor set for Auto-Battle (the actor will gain the modified ATB at the beginning of the battle; this bug actually happens with any sort of formula that directly changes values, and isn't even caused by my plugin specifically - the thing is that the Formula field wasn't intended for this type of use exactly).

I intend on allowing ATB modifiers to by applied in the Notes field, to avoid issues like this. For now, avoid using them if you plan on also using Auto-Battle actors (they seem to work fine for everything else if you don't use those, though).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
  3. Robe Guy

Robe Guy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Okay, I'll try that.  :)

EDIT: This is for your post saying to make the agility very different. Didn't see the two new posts.

EDIT2: I just did that and the one that had the crazy higher agility was definitely faster  :) Maybe it just seemed that way because there wasn't a big enough difference between the numbers?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
    Mellye likes this.
  4. Caxlb

Caxlb Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I think I have found what was causing it! Battlers are still having their ATB bar charge after death, making them attack automatically when their bar is full. Still not sure why it is happening for me in one game, then not in another with the exact same plugins... That being said, I was able to fix the problem by putting an if statement in increaseAtbGuages to check battler.isAlive() before allowing the bar to charge for that battler.

5. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Oh, I had literally just fixed this oversight for a completely different reason (some UI issues with the new version I'm working on). But I can see how it could cause some other weird glitches too!

Do try playing around with the Agility Weight parameter (remember you have to manually save your project for changes to parameter to take effect).

6. leap.campione

leap.campione Villager Member

I tried your modification and it works very nice, and I just want to ask. how do you make it 'a.max_atb = full_atb' for AOE skills? Do i make a common event > plugin command for it then call it in the skill?

7. kennysaurs

kennysaurs Amazing Person Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Can someone teach me how to resize the gauges? Im playing in 1280x720 resolution and the gauges are already small and when I added the ATB, the text started overlapping.

[​IMG]

8. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I haven't tried different resolutions yet, I'll see if I can take a look at that in the next weekend. Seems like a useful parameter to have.

9. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's pretty easy, but you'll have to pull out the calculator (or do maths in your head).  Simply look for this in the script (using whichever editor you choose):

Window_BattleStatus.prototype.drawGaugeAreaWithTp = function(rect, actor) { this.drawActorHp(actor, rect.x + 0, rect.y, 97); this.drawActorMp(actor, rect.x + 112, rect.y, 86); this.drawActorTp(actor, rect.x + 213, rect.y, 86); this.drawActorATB(actor, rect.x + 314, rect.y, 86); };It's pretty much near the top.  There is a 15 pixel width between the gauges, so keep that in mind.  Also remember that when resizing them, they are conforming to a set width of a container which is right above this piece of code.  Looks like this:

Window_BattleStatus.prototype.gaugeAreaWidth = function() { return 400; };The sizes of the gauges and the 15 pixel widths (default) must all fit in there so keep that in mind when figuring out the sizes of everything.  Here's my setup (without TP):

Window_BattleStatus.prototype.gaugeAreaWidth = function() { return 600; };Window_BattleStatus.prototype.drawGaugeAreaWithoutTp = function(rect, actor) { this.drawActorHp(actor, rect.x + 0, rect.y, 240); this.drawActorMp(actor, rect.x + 255, rect.y, 160); this.drawActorATB(actor, rect.x + 430, rect.y, 170); };I'll explain the numbers within this.drawActorHp(actor, rect.x + 0, rect.y, 240);.

rect.x + 0 - This is the position inside the container.  0 means absolute left and any change to that is how many pixels to the right it will be moved.

240 - This is the width, in pixels, of the gauge.  Adjust for each one accordingly.

If you take the numbers I have (240+15)+(160+15)+170, you get 600, so they'll all fit in there perfectly.  Any empty space will show empty space.  You can adjust the 15 pixel space to be larger or smaller if you like, but the gauges might not look right.

My setup is for a screen size of 1280x720, so this works out perfectly.  You can also change the text from AT to whatever, but it also needs to conform to a container, of which you can manipulate as well.  Look for this:

Window_Base.prototype.drawActorATB = function(actor, x, y, width) { var color1 = "#303050"; var color2 = "#6060A0"; this.drawGauge(x, y, width, actor.atbRate(), color1, color2); this.changeTextColor(this.systemColor()); this.drawText("Active Turn", x, y, 170); };Here you can change the gauge color and the text.  this.drawText("Active Turn", x, y, 170); is where you want to change the text and the size of it's container.  Mine is fitted to the size of the gauge itself that I set up above, but the default is 44.

Hope this helps anyone else that might want to know!

EDIT:

Also, this is what my gauges look like with my set up and with Rocketmancer's Custom Gauges plugin.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
    JAD94, Mellye and kennysaurs like this.
  10. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I've found out that using the Formula field to input commands (like setting the ATB or any other value) can cause some issues. So far, I've only seem issues with Actors set to Auto-Battle, but I might be overlooking something (this isn't related to my plugin, it's a general thing). Just something to keep in mind for this approach; don't use actors with the Auto-Battle flag if you use this.

On the more extended version of this plugin, I'm now allowing for ATB-related formulas to be set up in the Notes field of the skill instead of the Formula field, to avoid such conflicts.

I'll also add a property called "Haste" that defaults to 100 for every Battler, but can be increased or decreased by effects, items, etc; it's a direct percentage-based change on how fast the ATB fills for that Actor.

Woah, those look pretty.

djDarkX likes this.
  11. djDarkX

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks!  Yeah, I picked a good font and that plugin makes it all look really nice.  Oh, I have a question.  Is there any way you might be able to add a casting speed formula?  Um, think Final Fantasy.  Even when the spell is chosen, it doesn't always cast right away.  It's given a bit of time to cast depending on the skill.  The lower the tier of the skill, the faster the casting speed and the higher the tier, the slower the casting speed.  If that can be a part of the new advanced plugin, awesome.  If not, it's okay.  Figured I'd ask anyway. Again, great job on making this! :D

kennysaurs likes this.
  12. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Yes, Casting Times are a major part of what I'm currently working on.

Also, the ability to have "Interrupts" that can break or delay casting times.

kennysaurs and djDarkX like this.
  13. djDarkX

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You're freakin amazing!  Can't wait!

14. kennysaurs

kennysaurs Amazing Person Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you so much for the descriptive reply! Took me a while to fix mine up but I kinda got it. I really like your fonts too :D

Here's how mine turned out :3

[​IMG]

djDarkX likes this.
  15. djDarkX

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Very nice and you're welcome!  Glad I could help.  It really is a great plugin and I'm really excited for the next iteration of it.

kennysaurs likes this.
  16. JAD94

JAD94 The lunar knight Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did you upload the newest version of it? I tried redownloading the plug-in and I still don't see the Fight/Escape window.  :(

17. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    It's a new Parameter that defaults to OFF.

See if it shows up in the Plugin Manager.

18. JAD94

JAD94 The lunar knight Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It shows in the Plugin Manager but doesn't work when I set the value to 1  :(

19. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Just to make sure, are you manually saving the project after changing the Parameter value?

It's a bit weird, almost anything else can be easily tested without needing you to manually click "Save Project", but parameters change require you to do so.

20. DarkSlayerEX

DarkSlayerEX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I seem to be running into an issue when multiple characters use Guard. when one person uses guard, the previous person guarding instantly stops. I'm not sure if it's specific to this plugin or another one, but If anyone else if having issues with this as well, It might need to be looked into further.

Granted, It is pointless to test without this plugin, since it's affected by each guarding player. I'm assuming it has to do with guard originally only working for the turn it was supposed to be active for, but each person using it must be clearing the other character's states.

JAD94 likes this.