Ellye's ATB (also includes CTB option)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Mellye, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    How is your End-of-Turn Effects parameter option set to? If its set to 1, the default Guard command indeed doesn't work very well, as it will be dissipated at the next Turn Timer interval.

2. DarkSlayerEX

DarkSlayerEX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It is set to 0..

3. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Yeah, tested here and confirmed that something is working differently than intended in this regard. I'll take a look at the code later this week, but for now I have two possible work-arounds:

If you change the Guard duration in the States part of the Database from 1~1 turns to 2~2 turns, it will work as it should (it will last until the next turn of that Actor).

Alternatively, you can leave it as 1~1, but change from "Turn End" to "Action End", and it also works properly.

This does already give me a pretty good idea of why this bug is happening.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
  4. JAD94

JAD94 The lunar knight Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes I saved the project before play testing it and it still didn't work unfortunately 

5. DarkSlayerEX

First Language:
    English
    Alright, thanks for the info. Good luck finding and squashing that issue though =D

Edit: I tried setting it to Action End. It does indeed keep them defending, but it also causes another issue where they don't display certain actions during their next action. Afterwards though, the defense ends as normal.. Odd.

I will keep it at Action End for the time being though. Thanks again.

6. JAD94

JAD94 The lunar knight Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Edit:

I got it working, I didn't name the JS file correctly lol :headshake:  . Thank you  :)

7. Lunesis

Lunesis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Does anyone else have trouble using this alongside of Yanfly Skill Cooldown? What I was hoping for was a system where skills had cooldowns of about 3 or so rounds, and the basic attack caused the ATB bar to jump halfway, thus giving attack the benefit of getting rid of cooldowns faster. But even when I use <Cooldown: 10> inside the skill's notes I am still not getting any cooldowns on any of my skills in game. I made sure to have Yanfly's Skill Core at the top above both the ATB plugin and the SkillCooldown plugin. Anybody have any ideas or experiencing the same thing?

8. afn360

afn360 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I made a reply earlier on this issue but it was never even responded to... Hopefully someone will catch it this time.

9. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Regarding Yanfly's Skill Cooldown:

There's a pretty high chance that the plugins won't work well together without some specific effort to make them compatible, and I can't promise to focus on compatibility for now.

10. Lunesis

Lunesis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That's understandable, I hope that there will be a way one day in the future. Thanks again for your efforts!

11. DarkSlayerEX

First Language:
    English
    I noticed something wrong. Pre-emptive strikes and Back attacks don't adjust actor/enemy AT values, so they just play out as normal battles.

12. Kistulot

Kistulot Easily Distracted Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have indeed used it with cooldown stuff. It worked on a cooldown of 2, 3, and 5. Try placing it above the YEP_SkillCore and YEP_X_SKillCooldowns in your plugin list. I have no issues.

13. Lunesis

Lunesis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hmm, still didn't work for me. Maybe I am missing something?

14. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm probably just missing something obvious, as it's 3 am, but I can't seem to get the AT gauge to fill any faster, except by increasing agility and agility weight. In other words, the default fill speed in the parameters, does not seem to change the speed the gauge fills, no matter what I set it to. So either I'm missing something on how to get this to work (i.e. get the gauges to fill faster by default, so instead of taking say 10 seconds with 30 agi, it would take 5 seconds, and someone with higher agility would fill even faster than that) or I'm missing the point on what that parameter is supposed to do.

To clarify, increasing agi gets the gauge to fill faster, but if I want faster paced battles in general, right now it seems like the only thing I can do is significantly increase everyone's agility.

15. Sera

Sera Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is just a workaround, but you could also decrease the length of the gauge itself, thus making it fill quicker. There's a value for that near the top of the script.

Point08 likes this.
  16. Lionheart_84

Lionheart_84 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Beautiful plugin .... but you can set a sound when the ATB gauge is filled you ???
    EX : as in FF ???

In addition to that , maybe you do also that the gauges change color according to the status...

EX : HASTE yellow or red gauges

EX : SLOW gray gauges

EX : STOP white gauges

kennysaurs and Kistulot like this.
  17. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    If you increase both Base Fill Speed and Agility Weight by the same proportion, the gauge will fill faster while keeping the same balance of agility importance.

For example, the default value for both parameters is 100 and 100. If you change it to 500 and 500, the gauge will fill at 5x the speed it previously was.

Point08 likes this.
  18. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Yeah. I'm actually a bit unsure of how exactly do I want those to work. I guess I'll just go with a full AT bar for the side that has pre-emptive strike.

DarkSlayerEX likes this.
  19. T.Bit

T.Bit Labyrinth Explorer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You could also make a preemptive strike as a passive state that adds 2500 to the AT bar. At action end , the passive state ends.

20. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Fixed an issue with events set to fire on turn 0+0 not firing properly (thanks to Kistulot for the help tracking this one down!)

http://pastebin.com/fhGC2Sn7