Ellye's ATB (also includes CTB option)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Mellye, Oct 24, 2015.

1. SOC

SOC "God is my Judge" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You are amazing. Thank you so much. Seriously, you're my hero for doing this. I've been wanting this for VX Ace for so long and especially now in MV. To think I can actually design a game with FFD's ATB gauge makes me so excited! It's my favorite battle system ever. Thank you!

Mellye likes this.
  2. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    A few updates:

* Implemented iavra's workaround to get parameters without depending on filename.

* Added Gauge Color parameters

* Added Turn Order Prediction interface (WORK IN PROGRESS)

Demo of the Turn Order Prediction:

[​IMG]

This is still pretty crude, and it's disabled by default. The idea is that it should allow developers to have a system akin to Final Fantasy X (CTB), with the interface depicting the effects of selecting different skills and such.

Some pending interface options that I should add soon:

• Gauge positions and size;
    • Option to not display the ATB gauge, for those that want to focus on CTB interface or just would rather have the system work behind the curtains.

Thanks all for the constant feedback and bug reporting! Oh, by the way, I'd love some help to make sure that no bug was resurrected in this version - I merged two branches of development, so maybe I missed something.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
    Caxlb, SOC, Point08 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is awesome! Thanks for all the work you've put into this!

Not to sound like an ingrate, especially after thanking you, but would it be possible to include the parameters by djDarkX, to allow for adjustment of size and position of the gauges?

I have no idea how complex it would be, and so this isn't really a request, just an idea. If you ever saw MogHunter's ATB for Ace, there was an option for a kind of visual gauge, where the actor and monster faces showed, and advanced toward the end of the gauge as they got closer to their turn. As you add in your cast times and what not, after selecting a spell that needed time to cast, an actor's face would move backward on the gauge/line and have to re-advance to the end to actually cast the spell. You could provide generic art, or just dimensions (or parameters for setting dimensions) and have the user provide graphics, as some people would be likely to want to change them anyway.

Regardless, this is some cool stuff!

Mellye likes this.
  4. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I do will include them!

djDarkX and Point08 like this.
  5. MuteDay

MuteDay Mutation Engine Veteran

First Language:
    English
    well if any bugs pop up ill be sure to let you know

Mellye likes this.
  6. dragoonkain

dragoonkain Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    That is super awesome looking. That turn order thing actually looks like it could be hella stylish.

Mellye likes this.
  7. Sera

Sera Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You have NO IDEA how much you've helped me out with that turn order prediction interface. In my case, that is genuinely the most important update to any plugin I've ever seen. Testing immediately.

EDIT: And you're adding an option to hide the ATB and have the system work behind the scenes!? It's like you read and responded to all of my wishes without me even needing to post them.

EDIT2: It's working perfectly AND there's even a names-instead-of-faces option. I'm so happy. The ONLY complaint I would even dare to mention is that, when attacking, the 'choose your target' window will block out the turn order predictions, and it would be really nice if you could glance up at that while choosing a target to help you make an educated decision. But that's so minor.

EDIT3: No, seriously, this is the best plugin update ever made for MV.

Mellye likes this.
  8. Schade

Schade "Treasure hunter" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Many thanks!  :)

Mellye likes this.
  9. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Good catch! I'll remember to resize that window, thanks!

10. MuteDay

First Language:
    English
    just a thought, but you might down the road want to add plugin option to adjust what the full atb is

Mellye likes this.
  11. Sera

Sera Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Upon closer inspection, it's actually a problem specific to the Yanfly Battle Engine UI. Rather than needing to be resized, the window would need to be configured to exist on the screen concurrently with the target selection, since right now the target selection removes the turn display outright. So long as you aren't using the Yanfly Battle Engine, this isn't really an issue. It's a shame there are so many conflicts with the Yanfly plugins because they have some really useful features, but the ATB definitely takes priority in my mind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Yeah, it was silly to use such an arbitrary value without making it a parameter in the first place, to be honest. It's about time I change that.

I see. I haven't taken a look at Yanfly's plugins yet, but I'll try to look at this in the coming days, because if what's happening is what I think is happening, it should be relatively easy to do a "compatibility patch" of sorts.

13. MuteDay

First Language:
    English
    ill take a look i currently am running both 

14. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Sera, actually, you can keep it and still not have the window show.  Go to the Battle Core plugin, under Selection Help, change the Select Window Help to false and that won't pop up anymore.  The skill description still will, but that's part of the default system in RM anyway.

15. Sera

Sera Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ah, I didn't realize that. You're completely right.

Althoug, it would still be amazing if the turn order interface could be moved to a different layer. Having them co-exist would be preferable to disabling one, especially since I'm using another crucial plugin that displays certain information in the same way as the target selection.

EDIT: Excuse me while I laugh myself to death at MuteDay.

16. MuteDay

First Language:
    English
    for some reason i have two bugs 1 the atb bar refills way to fast and 2 for some reason i have an extra image*number of party members at the start of the turn perdiction

IMG_29102015_014225.png

17. MuteDay

First Language:
    English
    -facepalms- ummm just ignore the files you see at the bottom of the browser -facepalms-

Xelion and Mellye like this.
  18. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm gonna die of laughter LOL

Dat video...

19. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    How are your parameters? And are you using any skill that interacts with the ATB system?

MuteDay likes this.
  20. MuteDay

First Language:
    English
    hopefullly this helps

param screens- IMG_29102015_061242.png

plugins.js =plugins.zip

version of this plugin from my pc =ellye's_simple_atb.zip

sorry if that isnt what you need/more then you need but only had 2 hours of sleep so im not awake yet

Attached Files: