Ellye's ATB (also includes CTB option)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Mellye, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Thanks, I'll take a look on the .zips when I get home. Can you take a screenshot of your Plugin Manager in the editor? With the Properties Window of my script.

2. Pipnotiq

Pipnotiq Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Fantastic work! :)

Mellye likes this.
  3. Bobstah

Bobstah Pluginstah Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I had some folks contact me about conflicts with my Battle Commands plugin's help window and this one's turn predictions. As a result, I updated mine to version 1.7 so that you can set the parameter Help Window Position. Setting it to 2 will move it directly above the status window and out of the way of this plugin's turn predictions.

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
    Mellye likes this.
  4. Sera

Sera Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Can confirm, the two work perfectly together now, no further compatibility updates required. I think Bobstah essentially did what I was requesting from this plugin, but the other way around, so it's fine now. This essentially means that you can disregard my previous feature request, Ellye.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
  5. Pipnotiq

Pipnotiq Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Also quick question, I haven't gotten the chance to try this out yet, but does the bars fill as your choosing actions or does it pause? If it doesn't fill, is there a way to implement this?

6. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    For now, they pause.

I intended to provide the option to have they keep filling later on.

7. HuLijin

HuLijin Warper Member

First Language:
    French
    Wow, very impressive job Mellye. The turn order prediction interface is a great addition to the script.
    I took notice of your warning about issues with the Formula Field. Thanks.

Now, I can't wait to see the version with charging skills.

For leap.campione, who asked this about some modification i did:

I'm sorry, i am not sure i understood the question :/

If you want to know where to put a.max_atb = full_atb, you have to put it on the beginning of the Damage Formula box of the skill, with a semicolon after full_atb, just before the true damage formula.

But I don't recommend you to use the version of the plugin with my modifications, as it is outdated now.

8. hmind

hmind Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    i see nice progress going on here. though now the base fill speed parameter doesn't have any effect. when i have it at 1 (with weight 800 and turn timer 125) the bar still fills within 4 seconds for the fastest one.

also still no stepping forward on actor turn :( this is really making it impossible to use for me.

oh and i don't think i will use that nice feature of predictable order images, but i guess it would be nice to change the actors images too, as well as to a vertical order alignment.

9. MuteDay

MuteDay Mutation Engine Veteran

First Language:
    English
    the plugins.zip the the file from Gamefolder>js>plugins.js which holds all of the settings you set in the properties window

did that so if you know of an incompatable plugin and it is on the list you can tell me

10. SOC

SOC "God is my Judge" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does your current version/updates include djDarkX's edit on the main post?

Also I'd like to suggest a sound to be played when it's an actor's turn, one that we can choose in plugin manager.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
  11. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I'll check this one out later today - it should have been working just like before, but maybe I messed something in the update.

As for the stepping animation, I believe someone posted a way to make that behavior, for now, a few pages back. But I'll see if I can add it soon to the plugin, together with other related features (like the optional sound and optional sprite flashing when its an Actor turn).

The one linked doesn't include it yet, the next one I upload will include it - and the option to play sound too!

SOC likes this.
  12. xadder

xadder Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Great Work Mellye!!!  I really like what you have going here.  Going to be testing it out in with my systems the next few days. Will let you know of anything I find.

Mellye likes this.
  13. SOC

SOC "God is my Judge" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Such a hero! I'll wait to update until the next one, then~

And just making sure, the options of turn predictability can be toggled on/off in the plugin manager, right?

Also, as a head's up, be careful about your help text in parameter boxes for the plugin manager, some of it is cut off for a lot of your options:

[​IMG]
    I also request that you put the default values for everything in the text help for parameters or in the help file in plugin manager, I would really appreciate it! So that I can know what to change stuff back to if I don't like my changes.

14. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Yep, it's even disabled by default.

And indeed, I noticed that my parameters descriptions were getting a bit too long and getting cut short.

I'll rewrite them (and make sure the Default values are always visible in the description); and, when needed, I'll include expanded information in the "Help..." area of the plugin.

SOC likes this.
  15. Lunesis

Lunesis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I was able to get Yanfly's skill cooldown working with one of my spells (put the atb below battle core, above skill core and skill cooldowns) however the strange thing is that for every turn the cd goes down by 2 instead of 1 (for example from 6 to 4 to 2). I have 2 characters in my party, so could it have to do with ATB counting each character's turn as a cd turn? Or should I just be patient and wait for Mellye to fix it in the future?

Mellye likes this.
  16. Pipnotiq

Pipnotiq Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So I'm finally home and able to give this a whirl, there's just one problem... it's not working. At all. Hahaha hopefully I'm just blind and/or tired, but I put the plugin in the plugin folder, named it properly, created a fresh game, and there's no ATB or AT bar to speak of. I've also tried it without any other plugins as well. 

17. Sera

Sera Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You put the plugin in the plugin folder, THEN created a fresh game?

Creating a fresh game creates a new plugin folder. Are you sure you didn't put the plugin in the plugin folder for your existing game, then tested a different one?

18. Pipnotiq

Pipnotiq Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Nope, I put it in the NewData folder. :p

19. Mellye

Mellye Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Ohhh! I think you just gave me a hint to track down another bug that I'm having (regarding status effect duration).

End of turn effects are probably firing twice as often. I'll take a look when I get home.

If you can make a quick test with more characters in the party (to see if it goes down even faster), I'd appreciate it - maybe a old bug that caused every actor turn to fire for everyone else has returned, too.

Aside from what Sera mentioned, are you enabling the plugin in the Plugin Manager? You need to open the Plugin Manager (next to the Database Editor), right click an empty space on it, select "Add", and select my plugin. After that, you need to manually save your project (by clicking the save icon in the editor), otherwise it won't apply during tests.

20. Pipnotiq

Pipnotiq Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Got it, it was the save that did it. I figured turning on the plugin would have it work immediately. Thanks!