Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi guys i can finally give you a demo of my game Elemental stones. It's still in development so it's not perfect. I think there are one or two spelling errors.

so what do you get in this early access  demo well you get the first map and the first bit of the main quest you don't get any side quest though they will come in later.

this is my fist game I really would like some feedback

anyway enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8tbmn9yzxcy2esx/Elmental_stones.zip

if you need any hints on what to do please don't hesitate to ask.

Story

For years the Elemental stones that govern the Elements have kept the world safe and in balance but now the stones have been stolen and sped throughout the world. It is written that if the stone is separated the world will end. It’s already started people are panicking. Ellis Truestroke is your average guy he lives day to day until one day he Runs in to one of the Kings aids in town

He is told by the /king that he is to go on a quest to find the elemental stones and return them to him along the way he will meet good friends evil sorceress and scoundrels each one with a story to tell will he save the world why is Heather so flirty and is everyone all they seem and who is that guy in the hooded robe? The only way to find out is to play Elemental stones.

(NOTE: this is a demo and the guy in the hooded robe has not been implemented yet)

This was originally just a test a way for me to learn how to use RPG maker but as I began to write the game ideas came to me and a story began to form I found that I liked my characters my family are well impressed so I thought I would see if you guys would like it. It has an original if rather basic story and uses the tried and tested method of random encounters that you can find in games such as Final fantasy and Pokémon.

Characters

Ellis Truestroke

Is the player character he may come over as a but bunt or sarcastic at times but he is loyal with a good hart and is protective of his friends.

Heather Fairvoice

Heather is a sweet girl if a bit of a flirt she can come over a bit childlike but her wide eyed innocence masks courage and steadfastness she has a raw ability in Elemental magic.

Brother Triston

Is from the monastery he is non-violent and is schooled in nonviolent combat sells like Restoration and sleep he is in touch with nature and has a slight Clairvoyant (psychic as Ellis calls it) ability and can feel the power of the stones when they are near.

Last edited by a moderator:

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, I just played your demo so here's my review

At the beginning it was slightly annoying as I couldn't get between places without being attacked and though the enemys didn't do any damage I was poisoned and then couldn't stay at the inn and didn't have any potions so going between places on the map while poisoned was a bit of a pain as I couldn't heal Ellis

Once I recruited Heather and then Brother Tristan it was better as I had more party members but again I got poisoned and had to go back and forth between the in and the map but having Heather's magic made battles go quicker before I got poisoned
The Slimes before the port area took a while to defeat so where they a boss? even with Heathers magic it took a while to defeat them especially the last one

for the story
I thought it was good but it had no introduction to who anybody was, Ellis just goes to a inn and talks to Heather and then they go and get Brother Tristan but who are these people I read it above but in the game there were no like introductions or saying who anyone was it was just go here get this person go here get this person and it didn't give much idea of where to go or what was going on as at first I went to the castle but it said I couldn't so I then tried the grass place and got attacked and poisoned so I tried the town which was the right place but then got game over before I could reach the castle again
On my second playthrough it was a bit easier as I managed to get money and go to the inn to heal but everyone does like 4 damage and the slimes did 70 on the party while poisoned I think that's a bit much right at the beginning as you can't heal too quickly but that's just me it might be like that for a reason

Also I didn't know where to go for anything so I had to just guess that Heather was in the inn as I just went there to get healed as the shop wasn't open then thought oh i'll talk to you maybe you'll give me something and for Brother Tristan again I just guessed the guy at the back

Overall I thought it to be a tad annoying with the poison and going back and forth between trying to progress and going to the inn and not knowing where to go until after Heather was a bit annoying as I didn't know where to go so I tried everywhere and just ended up getting a game over

There are also spelling mistakes in the town and with the king but it looks nice and it played okay

Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
it's a very erly build thak you for your feed back I have changed the slomes iam trying to add an introduction as to what the stones arevan what happens when and if they are seprated I am gong to try and put in somthing about Heather and Brother Tristan there is a cinecton that iam going to ry and add in somwhere. try to think of Ellis as a kind of Luke Skywalker type character

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
sounds good

*Darth Vader impression* Ellis I am your father..

Okay I couldn't not considering theres a dood called Father and you mentioned Luke xD

Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
lol i am trying to improve it based on your feedback the slimes are now much easer to kill i think i will have them drop some kind of antidote to the wasp poision

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)
Just for the record you CAN use the "Exclude unused files" successfully to trim a project down seriously even if you're doing calls to various assets via plugins and such. BUT you need to do a full playtest of pretty much every option to ensure you did get every one of those other assets added in. Then I dumped the assets into a fresh copy of the project and yay it was like 400 Meg......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivysabs