Elmlor - The Open World Sandbox RPG Game [In Development]

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello and Thank you for checking out Elmlor. Elmlor is an open world sandbox rpg with a lot of neat sandbox features. We thought of changing the way RPG Maker games were made and make something a bit more unique and slightly out of the norm.

Links:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/elmlorgame

Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Elmlor

What is Elmlor?:

Elmlor is a Open World Sandbox RPG game made in RPG Maker MV.

At Core the core we want the player to enjoy the open world and that's why we want to be less linear then most is that you have the freedom to explore the world without many limitations. We don't direct you to only go one way but rather we let you find your own way around the world. We of course will help with direction through quests and questing areas but will also not force you to only go one single path.

The player can Gather many types of items if its with their hands or tools. Things like mining copper and tin then smelting it into Bars and even going as far as to smelt the copper and tin bars to a certain ratio to produce Bronze bars. Plays can chop up wood scattered on the ground and use it in part of the construction of their new Bronze Pickaxe. After a hard day in the towns mine you might go outside and gather some fresh herbs to create some potions for your upcoming trip to explore the Iron Deep Mines. You get up the next day in the house you built with your own two hands and open the storage crate that you placed and grab your fishing rod and head out to the pond and start fishing and then cooking your fish food.

The ideas we have are limitless and we want to just keep going and expanding creating one single game that has not just 10 hours of fun but 100's of hours of fun.

Features we would like to have and are working on:

Tradeskills:

• Mining
  • Logging
  • Herbalist
  • Fishing
  • Blacksmith
  • Woodworker
  • Alchemist
  • Cooking

Sandbox Features:

• Building and Repairing Bridges/Paths to maybe unlock new areas.
  • Housing System that you can actually build a house and live in and maybe store valuables.
  • Interior Decorating where you can craft or maybe gather rare trophy's and place them inside your house.
  • Mining, Gathering, Logging, Herbalist, Fishing, that overtime would regenerate.
  • Crafting System that you need say 2 planks, 3 iron to make a Iron Pick for example.
  • Quick Travel system that is unlocked by maybe repairing or unlocking special stones or portals around the world. Something challenging and multi step process.
  • Build small useful structures in towns, cities, and even in the open world. Things like maybe a place to heal or access a bank, etc.

Basic Questing System:

The basic questing system would be similar to what you would see in modern RPG's and mmorpg's. A nice interface that has the laid out quests. You would go to an object or NPC with a marker above their head and grab the quest and then once finished you would hand it or maybe some can be automatically finished.

• Story Line Quest Series that would allow the player to play at a slightly more liner rate if they choose to.
  • Epic Quests would be special long quests that took a lot of time and effort and more then likely made you use quite a few trade skills and exploring and adventuring to complete them for special rewards. Like a deed to your own piece of land to build on!
  • Kill Quests or Bounties is when you need to kill a target or multiple targets for someone.
  • Gathering Quests is a series of quests that you would gather resources and turn them in for a reward.
  • Crafting Quests, just like gathering quests but rather crafting related.

Basic Multiplayer (MMORPG) (Considering):

We are considering a Multiplayer Version of the game. It will be similar to the Single Player maybe even keep most the storyline etc. The biggest difference to the online version is that you will have others to interact if its through trade, or just simply talking, to maybe even combat and more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Just edited 2nd post with Dev Logs. 1 and 2 are now out. We had a bit of a break but we are back with daily updates. As far as I know I can only post an update every 3 days via a reply but will still edit the posts when needed. 

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey dude, I am doing a similar project tbh... was wondering if you wanna collab?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey people! What do you think about a core plugin? This will save some lines of code that I repeatedly use in all my plugins...
Wondering if I should make my enemies scale in my non-linear rpg. I'm leaning towards yes, but I don't want to use Yanfly's plugin...
French folk trying to pronounce English words. I loved how the man pronounced squirrel as 'square friend'.
Therapist: any questions? Me: Yeah, are there actually people who think Hotel California is about drugs and not fame or are people just trying to upset me?
Therapist: They WHAT?
It's interesting. There are no safety hazards in our country, but if you look at the shelves in supermarkets, you'd say there's a zombie apocalypse here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppkvvet