RMMV Embers' Pyre: v.0.4c uploaded!

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Verdelite, Jan 24, 2017.

?

Who is your favourite character?

1. Cendril

37.5%
  2. Aylwin

12.5%
  3. Russell

12.5%
  4. Fyren

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Captain Aron Hallsteinn

12.5%
  6. Lt. Darrien

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Bane

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Alphonse & Bradley

12.5%
  9. Nicholas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

12.5%
  1. Gallia

Gallia Global Support Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  2. Jayje

Jayje THE Lone Indie Cheese! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Steal and Teal brought me here!. Really interesting game!

Susan and Verdelite like this.
  3. Verdelite

Verdelite Wannabe Developer Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It’s been a while! :kaohi:

I apologise for being inactive during the past months. Apart from simple bug fixes, updates in the coming months will likely be slow as well due to real life obligations. However, Embers’ Pyre has not been abandoned and I am determined to see to its completion! :)

v.0.4a has been uploaded and can be downloaded here!

Also, old save files are very likely no longer compatible >_< I am sorry for the inconvenience!
    Once I find the time, I'll upload a save file from the ending point of the last version!

by which I mean I'm going to sleep now and then do that hopefully without having to fix game-breaking bugs that I have somehow managed to miss

• NEW FEATURES:
      • ‘Skip’-option that allows for some cutscenes to be skipped (This option will likely be added for more scenes later on)
      • Save points will now fully restore HP and MP
      • Resting will now grant a buff that lasts a few battles
      • Starting from a certain point of the story, there will now be an option to report in to Lt. Darrien, giving with random rewards
    • CONTENT UPDATE:
      • 2 new dungeons have been added! (not yet tested extensively, especially the last new dungeon)
    • OTHER:
      • new bust for Fyren
      • added more NPCs
      • revised dialogues

A lot of the art has to be redone, especially CGs, but I will probably do that once EP nears completion

– This new version will likely be somewhat buggy because a lot of stuff was added non-linearly and has not yet been tested from start to finish, meaning there’ll likely be a lot of unintended ‘features’

– I’d love some feedback for the revised dialogues (if you can spot the difference)! I tried to trim them as much as possible and adding more tidbits of information.

– For the most part, the older long cutscenes have the skip-function implemented already. If there are cutscenes from the older version that you think should also be skippable but aren’t yet, please tell me and I’ll consider implementing it.

– Although the dialogues in the new content are still a bit awkward, I am interested in your opinion, especially because of the addition of new characters~

Also, many thanks to the wonderful @waynee95 for helping me with bugs :kaoluv:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Mimironi and Dalph like this.
  4. Mimironi

Mimironi But what do I know? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ooo cant wait to play this again! I'll let you know what I think once I finish it :kaopride:

Verdelite likes this.
  5. Verdelite

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Mirpono Ahhhh thank you so much!! I've already discovered a gamebreaking bug though... will update in a bit ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: v.0.4b has been uploaded!

There were a lot of crashes in the earlier version, so let's just pretend that v.0.4a never happened.

Also, I've uploaded save files, so you can start from where the last version left off.
    To use them, replace the old folder containing the savefiles with the new one! They should belocated in your local appdata.

Upon replaying, I noticed that the last dungeon is comparatively much shorter than the others. I wonder if I should add more puzzle rooms or sneak rooms or maybe both? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: v.0.4c has been uploaded!

This version only contains minor fixes:
    - reduced exp gauge ticks to 1 as a bandage fix to victory screen freeze
    - fixed a bug where skipping the cutscene at the Forest Entrance would reduce Player's movement speed

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Mimironi likes this.
  6. Leanne

Leanne Nyan Master Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog,English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Verdelite I... can't seem to get pass the cocytus' seal. T^T
    Really loved your game so I tried it out... But... sadly... I'm in a halt. XD
    Is there a hint that this fore-eyed girl is missing? Q^Q <---Wants to proceed.

Verdelite likes this.
  7. Verdelite

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Leanne Ahh, thank you for playing Embers' Pyre! I'm happy that you like it :kaoluv:

You need to interact with the torch of each platform after activating all of the little cells
    So, you have to take the right entrance and step along the platform in such a way that:
    - all of the little cells are lit up and
    - you are standing next to the torch, so you can activate it

If you're still having trouble:
    Use the entrance on the lower left
    Entrance doesn't matter.
    This is the most difficult one. Take the lower right entrance
    Oh and don't be afraid to step back on a cell that you've already lit/stepped on! :)

Feel free to ask again if there's anything else that's not clear!

Leanne likes this.