slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I am trying to figure out how to go at making face expressions for a battle hud I am thinking of using.
Examples of what I am trying to do:
Face_1.png
How would I go at doing something like this? (Do note I am awful at drawing so that might be out of the question.)

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And when you want this to be used?
And what script you're using?

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And when you want this to be used?
And what script you're using?
I am using MOG battle hud. And I am looking to try and make facesets like this for the battle:
Face_1.png
1586735886853.png

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I'm assuming MOG's plugin doesn't do that by default, so you'll need a script to modify its behavior.

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[MOVE]RGSS3 Script Requests[/MOVE]
I'm assuming MOG's plugin doesn't do that by default, so you'll need a script to modify its behavior.
Mogs script has its own face graphics, but i want to make my own.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am still not sure what you are wanting, and it seems the others posting here don't know either.

Do you want to make your own faces and need a bit of help?
Do you want someone else to make faces for you that you can use with the script?
Do you want a script that will let you use different faces with the hud?

If you have the faces, you just need to do a Change Actor Sprites command before battle, to set the face to whatever you want to use, and then again after battle to change them back. If you're using evented battles, this is easy. If you're using random battles, then you'll need a script to switch them in/out so your normal faces will show in the regular menu and your emotional faces will show in battle.

Please give a link to the script so anyone who helps you (assuming you want the script to be modified) can just go straight to it without searching.

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am still not sure what you are wanting, and it seems the others posting here don't know either.

Do you want to make your own faces and need a bit of help?
Do you want someone else to make faces for you that you can use with the script?
Do you want a script that will let you use different faces with the hud?

If you have the faces, you just need to do a Change Actor Sprites command before battle, to set the face to whatever you want to use, and then again after battle to change them back. If you're using evented battles, this is easy. If you're using random battles, then you'll need a script to switch them in/out so your normal faces will show in the regular menu and your emotional faces will show in battle.

Please give a link to the script so anyone who helps you (assuming you want the script to be modified) can just go straight to it without searching.
I want to make my own faces and need some help.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What kind of help?

Do you want to know what program to use, or need help using the program?
Do you want instructions for how to make faces (a tutorial)?
Or do you want feedback on what you've already done and tips for how to improve?

The twenty questions is so this can be moved to the correct forum, and so people know exactly what you need help with, so they don't spend a lot of time talking to you about stuff that you're really not looking for.

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What kind of help?

Do you want to know what program to use, or need help using the program?
Do you want instructions for how to make faces (a tutorial)?
Or do you want feedback on what you've already done and tips for how to improve?

The twenty questions is so this can be moved to the correct forum, and so people know exactly what you need help with, so they don't spend a lot of time talking to you about stuff that you're really not looking for.
I need to know the best program to use and instructions on how to make the faces. (Do note, I am not an artist so using Photoshop and stuff like that is out of my league for creating pixel stuff.)

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You need to say that you want to learn how to draw graphical images with a program.
Correct?
This would be 2D game art. There are many styles for this as well.
Many different kinds of software as well. Google create 2D character art. Which should give you a link to youtube videos.

You're request could also sound like you're asking for help on how to put images together into the image format that you are using for MOG. Which assumes that you already have the images and need to put it into the correct format.
For that, Photoshop or GIMP.

I am not an artist
Then you're basically paying someone.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Useful Development Tools. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

@slickdeath97 I've moved again your thread since it seems you are looking for a tool to be able to create faces. Is this a correct assessment?

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
A good and free tool to do that is paint.net or just paint.
If you cant pixel or draw you have to stick with a generator, the MV one is good or pay an artist.

Lilly

Joy Bringer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like to use Medibang, as an artist I try to use some of the best art programs! I recommend this one!

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Was wondering if anyone knew what size the grid is for these faces:

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Twitter is making me embarrassed to be a Persona 5 fan rn
I don't wanna be called out when I say P5R is my favorite game :kaoswt2:
And my first batch of gobbo battlers is up *yay* (images should show now as they first didnt - Just my luck lol)
I've released the game I've been working on for the past 7 years, and wrote a postmortem detailing the struggles of developing a game alone. Check it out! https://meiri.itch.io/apple-pie/devlog/160774/apple-pie-a-postmortem
Petty boss is working today. Hope he realizes today that messing with me is gonna ruin his day like yesterday. I can operate very comfortably on the fringes of policy XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ba_hq