Empyrean's Music Shop (On Hiatus)

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by empyreanrrv, Mar 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ThePotatoOfFire

ThePotatoOfFire Stop, in the name of candy! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thought I'd let you know - midishrine links seem to be broken. Don't know if it's just on my side, but I wanted to say something anyway.

2. Suv

Suv The average user Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Same on my end.

3. empyreanrrv

empyreanrrv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks-- I'll remove the links and change them to the stuff I've done so far, which is on soundcloud.

As an aside-- things have been crazy in real life and I lost track of which songs people are still waiting on. I have free time now, so if you're waiting on a song please message me and let me know. If you've found someone else to help you out, no worries.

wrigty12 and ThePotatoOfFire like this.
  4. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @empyreanrrv You are just the person I've been looking for!

I would like a BGM for a clock tower in my game. The tower will habe several floors and will lead to a "penthouse" of sorts where a young woman lives. I'd like the BGM to feature feelings of being in a clocktower, like subtle sound effects of ticking, pendulum, maybe a chime once in a while, but have a somewhat mysterious or dark feeling, while still sounding adventerous. It's hard to explain what I have in my head, so if you have questions Ill be happy to explain better.

ALSO if you have time, Id like a Daytime and Nighttime version of a resort/beach village BGM theme for a town in my game. Just something that would be cool, but clocktower is higher priority.

Thanks!

5. empyreanrrv

First Language:
    English

Working on the clock tower now! Hopefully shouldn't take too long.

wrigty12 likes this.
  6. Lnik3500

Lnik3500 Master Troll Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    REQUEST

Location of the music:

Plains / Mountains

Description:

I'm no good to describe :(  

Instead, here is 2 tracks that I loved similar to what I'm looking for:

Gaur Plains

Dancing Water Spray

Synopsis of the game:

My game is centered around exploration, where you travel from east to west for a good 20 min easily, it needs to be catchy and cheerful.

The maps are vast, especially the plains, which is around the center of the game.  Quests are available to explore practically all around the world

If you would like a more detailed description of how I want the music, please say so and I'll try to make it better since I only provided examples :)     

7. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Cant wait!

8. empyreanrrv

First Language:
    English

Hey can you show me the map of the clock tower if you've completed it yet? Will the players fight monsters on their way up? What's going on in the story while the players are in the clock tower? Also, do you want it to be quicker paced or slower? Right now the song has a bit of a sense of urgency/adventure, but let me know specifically what you're going for. Any details help! ^_^

9. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    No map yet. But Im thinking at least some sort of dark grey/tan color scheme. Monsters will be fought on the way up, with some puzzles scattered throughout the floors. There will be two different times in the chapter where you go throuh the tower, literally once in the present and once in the past. Both to reach the top floor where a woman lives. It mainly serves as the main area for monsters in the chapter. Some fog in the interior may be included.

Id like it to be on the slower side. Think of it as a dungeon feel, darkish and cold. 

Ask anything else that may help. Once you come up with something, feel free to message me a demo and I can give some tweaking opinions, etc.

10. empyreanrrv

First Language:
    English

Ok here's the idea I'm working with now: https://soundcloud.com/empyreanrrv/wrigty-clocktowerdemo

11. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Heres my thought process:

1)I like the first half a lot for the clocktower itself. I am though curious how it would sound if it was a little slower in tempo. (If it possible to have it for comparison to see which I like better that would be awesome)

2) the flute part in the latter half seems a little "joyful" for what im picturing. However, the top floor of the clocktower is going to be a room that feels a little more joyful than the rest of the tower (think little girls room) and I think a flute-y version of the clocktower theme would be perfect for that room. 

In short, if its not too much trouble, im curious what a slower version of the song would be like, and if it is possible to have two different verisons: one following the feel of the first half and the other with the feel of the second. Just let me know what you are willing/able to do. 

I am really thankful for this, it does sound amazing!

12. empyreanrrv

First Language:
    English
    Ok! Going to be gone this next week but I'll incorporate your thoughts as soon as I get back. Feel free to send more details regarding the clocktower's purpose and how it relates to the story too!

wrigty12 likes this.
  13. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I will edit this post if I come up with other stuff.

14. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey @empyreanrrv, just checking in to see how the music is going.

15. empyreanrrv

First Language:
    English
    Been out and in the last week so haven't really had much chance to work on it. Here's the version with some of the changes you requested: https://soundcloud.com/empyreanrrv/wrigty-clocktowerdemo

It still has a ways to go before I'm satisfied with it, but this is the general theme I've been going with.

16. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow, I like that a lot!! Can't wait to hear the finished product!

17. DarkBooDev

DarkBooDev Destroyer of Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I don't know if you remember me, but I think I requested a few more songs from you a few months back. I just wanted to let you know that you don't need to worry about finishing them, I found more songs to cover the remainder of what I need.

Thank you for taking the time to make the main theme for my game though, you're an amazing musician! :)

18. empyreanrrv

First Language:
    English
  19. wrigty12

wrigty12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow, that sounds amazing. If thats the final version, it sounds like it would be perfect for what Im looking for, and a download link would be all I would need. :D

20. empyreanrrv

First Language:
    English
    Glad you like it! It is now available for download. :)

wrigty12 likes this.