BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am referring to this tutorial.
Now I actually own MZ, but my brother and business partner does not so our current game is in MV not bashing MV I promise.
Obviously MV doesn't have the last option in game data. Now I am assuming I can emulate the last item used by creating a series of common events that changes the variable to whatever item I am using (even if that is a bit cumbersome) but is there anyway to save the character an item is used on into a variable (and well were at it, is there a less cumbersome way to work the last item used variable)?

I'm not sure if I'm gonna use this in the current game, I'm just curious.

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a plugin called LastItemUsed by Yoji Ojima. If you purchased rpg maker through steam it should be in your dlc folder under Kadokawa plugins.

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There is a plugin called LastItemUsed by Yoji Ojima. If you purchased rpg maker through steam it should be in your dlc folder under Kadokawa plugins.
Oh, cool. Why did I not know about this? My brain didn't even think to check my DLC folder.
Well that solves ONE of the issues. :D

Sadly Last Subject Actor doesn't do that same thing as far as I can tell so I still need to figure that out. :D

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said, there are some plugins that give additional storage data. You can find alternative ones as well, for example on himeworks.com if I remember correctly.

however there is also a way to solve this without any script or plugin - it just gets tedious for a large number of actors.

1) create an invisible target state - no messages, no icon, nothing but a name to identify the state.
2) in the item, add that target state as an effect to the item user
3) in the common event, make one conditional branch for each actor checking if he has that state. If yes, execute the commands with that actor and remove the state.

3 needs to be repeated for every possible actor, which is why these common events can get long and tedious.

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
as said, there are some plugins that give additional storage data. You can find alternative ones as well, for example on himeworks.com if I remember correctly.

however there is also a way to solve this without any script or plugin - it just gets tedious for a large number of actors.

1) create an invisible target state - no messages, no icon, nothing but a name to identify the state.
2) in the item, add that target state as an effect to the item user
3) in the common event, make one conditional branch for each actor checking if he has that state. If yes, execute the commands with that actor and remove the state.

3 needs to be repeated for every possible actor, which is why these common events can get long and tedious.
That does sound rather tedious. I'll check himeworks and see if they have what I'd need.

Although I suppose I SHOULD also practice doing it without scripts at some point as a learning experince.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Still alive! Totally did not finish in time for the Jam (boy that's late) but tl;dr of the last half a year is Work term -> Covid Lockdown -> Sick... again -> Full time Employment. Game stuff has been on hiatus but got a new graphics tablet so hopefully updates again soon. =D
Going on hiatus. Won't be back until mid October.:LZSoops:
Just read the English lyrics for Despacito. Ramen aint innocent no more! :kaodes:
Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrSunshine