BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am referring to this tutorial.
Now I actually own MZ, but my brother and business partner does not so our current game is in MV not bashing MV I promise.
Obviously MV doesn't have the last option in game data. Now I am assuming I can emulate the last item used by creating a series of common events that changes the variable to whatever item I am using (even if that is a bit cumbersome) but is there anyway to save the character an item is used on into a variable (and well were at it, is there a less cumbersome way to work the last item used variable)?

I'm not sure if I'm gonna use this in the current game, I'm just curious.

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a plugin called LastItemUsed by Yoji Ojima. If you purchased rpg maker through steam it should be in your dlc folder under Kadokawa plugins.

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There is a plugin called LastItemUsed by Yoji Ojima. If you purchased rpg maker through steam it should be in your dlc folder under Kadokawa plugins.
Oh, cool. Why did I not know about this? My brain didn't even think to check my DLC folder.
Well that solves ONE of the issues. :D

Sadly Last Subject Actor doesn't do that same thing as far as I can tell so I still need to figure that out. :D

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said, there are some plugins that give additional storage data. You can find alternative ones as well, for example on himeworks.com if I remember correctly.

however there is also a way to solve this without any script or plugin - it just gets tedious for a large number of actors.

1) create an invisible target state - no messages, no icon, nothing but a name to identify the state.
2) in the item, add that target state as an effect to the item user
3) in the common event, make one conditional branch for each actor checking if he has that state. If yes, execute the commands with that actor and remove the state.

3 needs to be repeated for every possible actor, which is why these common events can get long and tedious.

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
as said, there are some plugins that give additional storage data. You can find alternative ones as well, for example on himeworks.com if I remember correctly.

however there is also a way to solve this without any script or plugin - it just gets tedious for a large number of actors.

1) create an invisible target state - no messages, no icon, nothing but a name to identify the state.
2) in the item, add that target state as an effect to the item user
3) in the common event, make one conditional branch for each actor checking if he has that state. If yes, execute the commands with that actor and remove the state.

3 needs to be repeated for every possible actor, which is why these common events can get long and tedious.
That does sound rather tedious. I'll check himeworks and see if they have what I'd need.

Although I suppose I SHOULD also practice doing it without scripts at some point as a learning experince.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I found an absolutely brilliant lifehack on the internet today.

Screenshot_760.jpg
It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ylona82