wesleysoho

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i want to have always dash enabled when the game starts without having to go into options and turning it on. my game doesnt have an options menu. i have googled it and found plugins that do this, but I am using a stamina plugin that only lets you dash for a while before depleting the stamina bar and needing to wait to be refilled. with the plugins i found, they negate the stamina effect.

i just need to be able to start my game and automatically have always dash enabled from the options.

//this.addCommand(TextManager.alwaysDash, 'alwaysDash'); in rpg_windows.js doesnt work and TDDP manage dashing plugin doesnt work

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@wesleysoho It might be helpful if you edited your post to include a link to the web page where you got the stamina script - there may be something there that anyone offering advice would need to know.

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @wesleysoho If I'm not mistaken all you need to do is turn Always Dash On in the options menu from the title screen and it will save it as the default. You can then remove the options command from the menu since you do not want it on the game and it should still work. even if you removed it, the player can't access it, but it's still there really.

wesleysoho

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Creative Ed i have done that and it works in the play test, but after deploying it the game starts with the option turned off. i can hold shift and i will dash with the stamina plugin working as intended.

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@wesleysoho Hm I see, I'll have to see when I get on my pc, but you should be able to do that by changing the default on the core plug-ins inside the JS folder.

Edit: I'm just going for a smoke and I'll tell you right away if I found it. Post below this so you'll get notified for the response.

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@wesleysoho Ok, so I tried changing the default on RPG_managers to set it to true by default but for some reason it doesn't do anything, even after deployed.
However, I found a line in the code that easily makes the characters allways dash (even though in the options it's off, but since you won't have options in the game it's cool), however this may conflict with the stamina script depending on how they did it.

Inside the folder Js open "rpg_objects" with notepad ++ or something like that.
Look for the line 7692 or press Ctrl+F and paste this: Game_Player.prototype.isDashButtonPressed = function()

You will then find the following:

Game_Player.prototype.isDashButtonPressed = function() {
var shift = Input.isPressed('shift');
if (ConfigManager.alwaysDash) {
return !shift;
} else {
return shift;
}

All you need to do is just swap the exclamation point "!" before "shift" like this:
return shift;
} else {
return !shift;
}

Save it and test it. Let me know if it works with the stamina plugin.

By the way, for the players to allways dash, the allways dash option must actually be turned to off, as this just inverts the actions. So make sure it's off when you test it.

Last edited:

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hell yeah! Glad to help :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
Hell of a day at the London Games Market! :D

1656892272017.png

Check out my haul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnderscoreBackspace