Kurot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I came across a situation. By default, whenever there is only one character in the group, the formation option is turned off.

What i need is that when opening the menu, the formation option is enabled, even when there is only one character in the group.

However, I am using a Himi plugin that allows me to place the secondary characters in a "reserve" group. If the player places all the secondary characters in the reserve group and leaves only the main character, the formation option is turned off and I can no longer "pull" the characters in the reserve group through the menu, because the option is grayed out or turned off.

Is there any way to change the default rpg maker mv plugin to prevent turning off the Formation command?

I appreciate any tip. Thanks.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you installed a plugin, and it causes a particular problem when you use it to force a particular set of circumstances?

Sounds to me like you need to report the issue to the plugin author and ask them to make a fix, rather than patching MV to fix a problem that is introduced by a plugin.

Kurot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In fact, it is not a problem created by a plugin. It is a standard configuration of Rpg Maker MV.
Whenever there is only one character in the group, the Formation selection is turned off.
So, in other words, in the patterns of a new project, I wanted the Formation option to remain ON even with only one character in the group.
I just mentioned the Himi plugin to illustrate why I wanted this, but you can ignore that part, haha.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In standard MV, if you have only one party member, you don't need the formation option. You only have this issue because of the plugin, and because you have moved all party members to the reserve party. If you weren't using the plugin, you wouldn't have the issue, because you wouldn't need to change formation when you only had one member.

Considering that everyone who uses this plugin and does what you've done is going to have this issue, it's better to see if you can get the plugin to cater for the situation than to have another one written to "patch" it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.
Some more progress <3 and in most important news:
ALPACARAPTOR SPRITE! (not animated yet, though :( )
h4u90Sz.png
Caz
At the risk of giving myself even more work to do, I kinda wanna redraw the faces of the MV RTP to be a little less.. uhhhhh..

mv-redraw.png
Hmm...you'd think in this day and age, what with Japanese Schoolgirls frequenting anime, JRGs and whatever else...that someone might have made some gym clothes for the generator. You know, the ones with the short bloomers.
finished the draft of some of this dude's motions!

mc0xoB4.gif

gonna work on the drafts of the other 3 now before i put detail, need to position these rather tall sprites well on the field

waiting for the term to end so i can get more time w this :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fountairpg