Enable Over World Death/Game Over

Lehla

Inky Demon in the Soup
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maybe I just don't know how to search for this, because I'm not sure what to call this thing and I get unrelated results from searching the internet.
In my game there's an area of tiles that harm and sometimes poison the player. An occasional message pops up to taunt them, saying "You're still dying." But their health hits 1 and they never die. I've found tutorials for this with other RPG engines, but sites don't seem to tell me how to enable the character dying in over world from poison or floor tile damage in RM 2k3.
Is it not possible in RPG Maker 2003?

Lehla

Inky Demon in the Soup
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, I found an alternative which involves a timer winding down and eventually killing the player, but it's frustrating when their health hits 0 and the player is freely walking around without a care.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
Other
There's an allow death checkbox in some events (such as Change HP, etc). Could post a screenshot of this event?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haven't used 2K in ages, does it have a conditional branch? if it does a branch to see if Character HP is 0? If yes Game over.

Lehla

Inky Demon in the Soup
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This won't let me drop it to 0 and it says "or more".
upload_2017-12-17_16-34-15.png

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok so if that works, if HP is 1 or more then do nothing,

else

Death/ Game over.

So put the game other/death in the else part.

Lehla

Inky Demon in the Soup
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok so if that works, if HP is 1 or more then do nothing,

else

Death/ Game over.

So put the game other/death in the else part.
I'll give it a try, because that makes a lot of sense technically speaking. Thanks a bunch!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll give it a try, because that makes a lot of sense technically speaking. Thanks a bunch!
Np, any issues give us a shout......or reply here as I don't think we live close enough for you to shout me.

Lehla

Inky Demon in the Soup
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Np, any issues give us a shout......or reply here as I don't think we live close enough for you to shout me.
Lol. I won't strain my lungs then. I had to make it 2 or more because the poison won't drop me down to 0 for some reason.
But it wooooooooooooooooorked! Thank you sooo much!! I'd give you cookie, but I already ate all of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you had some musical requests in line with me.. feel free to re post! Corona has killed me and have recently got my internet back <3
I'm now working on procedural generated World Maps for my own project.
Is there anyone who's interested in having this Plugin for his own game?
I have a dream where RMer are not blinded and too dependant on published script / plugins...
RM MV ACE? 2020? Super? Legends? Sword and Shield? 2.5D? RM Pixel? RM 2: Revenge of Squared RTP tiles? Don't mind me, I'm just wondering about what will be the name of the next engine.

So I came up with a new look for the paths, and along the way realized health bars are so overrated, so now a crazy red light trail follows her and gets shorter as her life decreases. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghost01zx