Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Link to the Script: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/17829-amaranths-super-simple-mouse-system-for-ace/?hl=%20shaz%20%20mouse%20%20script

Hello, I've come across an obstacle when designing some puzzles for my game.  What I'd like is for events marked via a comment or an enabled\disabled script call to allow the player to instantly move to that event and interact with it.

The reason I need it, is that when a puzzle is called I'll have the player transparent on a blank map.  The graphics for the puzzle will then be displayed prompting the player to click on the correct area of the graphic-where a touch event is underneath.  The way the script works now is that the invisible player will walk to the event to trigger it, (but waiting for the response can take a few seconds and cause confusion if the result is not an instant success or failure); from the very bottom of the map even at the highest movement speed.  

EX:

YBcksDK.png
My only other option would be to change the player graphic to a navigator and have it move over the graphic when the mouse is clicked on the appropriate event.  Though this will still have a delay in result till the navigator sprite reaches the destination.

Would this be an easy task to amend the script as I described?  If not I'll look into alternatives.  Thank you in advance. 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could use the comment that causes the event to trigger immediately rather than waiting for the player to walk to it, and not worry about the player walking at all. Just have the event execute whatever action is in the touch event that the player WOULD have stood on if they'd walked up to it. If you do need the player to move (for instance, if the map is larger than the window and you want the triggered event to be in the middle of the screen so the player could see what's around it), use the Transfer Player command without any fading.

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh shoot, I feel silly.  Thank you.  This is solved.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.
Psttt come look, this is the secret technique to tenderizing steaks, it makes it extra beefy. :rwink:

pixeldailyaxemeatsheild.gif
#screenshotsaturday update, featuring vaporwave angels lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmiha0405