Enchant System - Based on Vlue's W/A Randomizer script - v1.5 (22/02/2015)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Sixth, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Code:
    #===============================================================================
    # * [ACE] Enchant System - Information
    #===============================================================================
    # * Made by: Sixth (www.rpgmakervxace.net, www.forums.rpgmakerweb.com)
    # * Version: 1.5
    # * Updated: 22/02/2015
    # * Requires: Vlue's W/A Randomizer script
    #             Sixth's Custom Feature Extension for Vlue's Randomizer
    #-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # * < Change Log >
    #-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # * Version 1.0 (25/12/2014)
    #   - Initial release.
    # * Version 1.1 (26/12/2014)
    #   - Fixed the help window's Y position settings, it should work now.
    #   - Fixed sound effects. Two sound effects were playing before sometimes.
    #   - While I was there, added some sound effect options for you to configure.
    #   - Reworked the item selection window. It now shows the enchant price of the
    #     item too and the name of the item got a bit more space to display.
    #   - Added background boxes for the item, prefix and suffix window.
    #     Each item/prefix/suffix will have their own little background boxes
    #     displayed behind them. A bit easier on the eye like this, I guess.
    # * Version 1.2 (26/12/2014)
    #   - Turns out, I used an outdated version of Vlue's Randomizer (v.1.6.7a).
    #     I updated this script to work with the new version (v.1.7)!
    #     If you are using an older version of Vlue's script, you will need to update
    #     his script too for this script to work!
    # * Version 1.3 (04/01/2015)
    #   - Added item requirements for the enchants. One item can be allocated to be
    #     required for each enchant. This makes it possible to use scrolls for the
    #     enchants, for example. If the player lacks the required item, the enchant
    #     can not be selected from the list.
    #   - Added success chance for items and enchants. Fully configurable, of course.
    #   - Default hidden affix list settings added for the random enchant feature.
    #   - Added separate settings for the random enchant and no enchant commands.
    #     Now you can have different settings for prefix and suffix for these.
    # * Version 1.4 (10/02/2015)
    #   - Minor performance fixes.
    #   - Formatted some settings and their descriptions to be easier to read,
    #     understand and edit them.
    #   - Separated the settings from the main script. Settings are further
    #     separated into two parts: enchant settings and other settings.
    #     This is to give the mouse scroll a little break.
    #   - Added optional text options which appear before and after all enchant
    #     names on the enchant scene.
    #   - Added a script call to generate a prefix/suffix list by defining excluded
    #     affix IDs, which will get deleted from the default prefix/suffix list.
    #     The resulted list can be used in the enchant scene script call afterwards.
    #   - Added a script call to set the available item categories on the enchant
    #     scene. Now you can make enchanter NPCs where the player could enchant only
    #     weapons and armors, or only regular items, etc.
    #   - Made the enchant scene skip not valid affix IDs from the prefix and suffix
    #     list automatically. This will prevent crashes from typos when calling the
    #     enchant scene, for example, but you will still get a crash as soon as you
    #     start the game if you made an enchant info with a non-existent affix setup
    #     in Vlue's script, so make sure that that won't happen!
    #   - Released a demo, wow! Should have do this long time ago, sorry!
    #     Excuse the color setups for most of the enchants, I kinda got tired of
    #     setting them up after a few dozens, so I ended up copy/pasting them,
    #     which resulted in a lot of purple colors!
    # * Version 1.5 (22/02/2015)
    #   - Fixed a crash issue.
    # * < Description >
    # * This script will let you make a complete enchant system in your game.
    # * On the enchant scene, the player can select the item to be enchanted, and
    #   the prefix and suffix to be added onto the item.
    #   Upon confirming the enchant, the item will be enchanted with the selected
    #   affixes.
    # * Enchanting should not be free, of course, right?
    #   You can define the enchanting fee for each item and affix separately.
    #   The enchant fee for the item and the enchant fee for the affixes will be
    #   added together and the result will make the final fee.
    #   The player must have the final fee to initiate the enchanting process.
    # * If simple gold requirements aren't enough, you can define item requirements
    #   for the enchants too!
    # * Configurable success chance for each enchant and even for each item!
    # * Boost success chance for items dynamically for each enchant scene!
    #   Maybe an armorer can add enchants on armors easily, but on weapons or potions,
    #   he might as well suck, right?
    # * But what if the player feels lucky enough to roll random affixes on the item?
    #   Fret not, because this is possible too with this system, yay!
    #   And you can do even more! Add hidden affixes to the random pool, so you can
    #   hide certain affixes from the player! These hidden affixes will not be
    #   available for selection, but getting them is possible with selecting the
    #   random option!
    # * And if I want to skip prefix and do suffix only, or vice verse?
    #   Well, what if I told you that that's not a problem either? Cool!
    # * Ability to hide items from the list!
    #   I certainly wouldn't let the player enchant a storyline weapon, for example.
    # * Ability to hide item categories from the list!
    #   Make enchanter NPCs where the player can enchant weapons only or items only!
    # * Ability to dynamically make different enchant scenes with simple script calls!
    #   Let your cities get unique enchant shops with different available affixes!
    # * Lotsa settings for you to set up!
    #   Define command names, icons, colors, prices, types, categories, descriptions,
    #   item requirements and success chance for each affixes!
    #   And a lot of settings for the visuals of the menu too!
    # * < Instructions >
    # * Refer to the script's header for the script's setup and usage info!
    # * < Installation >
    # * In the script editor, place the Enchant System scripts below
    #   Vlue's W/A Randomizer but above Main.
    # * < Compatibility Info >
    # * No known incompatibilities.
    # * < Known Issues >
    # * No known issues.
    # * < Terms of Use >
    # * Free to use for whatever purposes you want.
    # * Credit me (Sixth) in your game, pretty please!
    # * Posting modified versions of this script is allowed as long as you notice me
    #   about it with a link to it!
    - Screenshots:
    enchant1.PNG enchant2.PNG enchant3.PNG enchant4.PNG
    PS: I should have configured the icons properly before presenting some screenshots, right? Ohh, well... :p

ATTENTION!
    This script is NOT plug-and-play! Heavy configuration is needed for the enchant information!
    Refer to the script's header for the script's setup and usage info!

- Script:
    The new version has been split into 4 parts due to the excessive length of the configuration settings.
    To avoid any issues, put them in this order in the script editor:

- Requirements:
    For the Enchant System, you will need the newest version of Vlue's W/A Randomizer script (v1.7) and my Custom Feature Extension for Vlue's W/A Randomizer script.
    Place the extension script below Vlue's W/A Randomizer script!

- Demo:
    ~ No freaking way! The demo arrived! o_O
    I have wrongly configured the TP item effect affixes. Instead of using float numbers for the amount of TP recovered, you will need to use integers.
    Meaning: Not 0.1, but 10 for 10%, not 0.5, but 50 for 50%, and so on.
    Sorry about these, will update the demo later!
    Linky: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8gs08c71cc4qzn5/Enchant+System_v_1_5.rar

- FAQ:
    ~ Q: I am getting NoMethod errors! Why?
    ~ A: You must set up your affixes properly in Vlue's script first.
    After that, you must set up your enchants properly in this script.
    All affixes and enchants used in the Enchant System must be configured before you can start to play-test your game or else you will get that error!

- Author's Notes:
    The demo contains custom scripts not made by me!
    I included them to increase the performance of the game.
    All of these scripts retain their original terms of use!

I highly recommend Mithran's Text Cache script to be used with my Enchant System, because it can get a bit laggy when there are a lot of items/prefixes/suffixes displayed on the enchant scene. The Text Cache script speeds text drawing up, so it will significantly help while drawing long lists!

The demo and the uploaded enchant settings include a few affix setups which require Yanfly's Convert Damage script! There are 6 of them and they can be found at the bottom of the affix/enchant list. Make sure to remove those if you are not using the required script for them!

That's all for now folks! *-*

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    BlueMage, Mojo907, tiagoms and 5 others like this.
  2. MHRob

MHRob Card Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This looks pretty amazing, Sixth. Those screenshots definitely showcase some very interesting stuff.

Sixth likes this.
  3. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thankies!

I just updated the script to work with the newest version of Vlue's Randomizer.

Make sure to grab the latest version of the Enchant System as well as the latest method edits if you are using the latest version of Vlue's script! Wow, so many latest stuff! :D

That method edit will turn to an extension of Vlue's script, which will let you make randomized items too, not just weapons and armors. :)

Ohh, and planned updates include:

- Item requirement(s) for the enchants. Planning one requirement only, so that the player can collect scrolls of enchantments and enchant the items with those.

- Random chance for success on enchants based on scroll quality. Or based on a custom setting at the enchant setup options.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2014
  4. MHRob

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm using this on a blank project and am getting an error.

[​IMG]

The order of the scripts in the project:

Vlue's W/A Randomizer (Latest)

The enchant edited Method (Latest)

The enchant script (Latest)

Even when moving them in different order, I get different errors. When opening up the script section, it takes me to the enchant script and onto line 524.

JJJ likes this.
  5. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    There was a warning note at the instruction part of the opening post.

This is NOT a plug-and-play script!

You absolutely need to setup your own affixes in Vlue's script first.

When you did that, move onto my script and setup the enchants.

You can NOT use any affix IDs in my script which is not setup in Vlue's script.

If you do, you will get that error.

I made many sample setups, so you can see how it is done.

In those I used affix IDs ranging from 5 to 100 randomly.

If even one is missing from the original affix setup in Vlue's script, and you used the default script call to call the enchant menu (enchant_scene), than you will get a NoMethodError.

Delete the samples I made (you can comment out one and leave it for reference if you want) and make your own enchant setups with valid affix IDs.

I assure you, if you do that, and configure the enchants, there can be no errors popping up.

I made the script in a clean project with only Vlue's script installed.

6. MHRob

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I saw that. Just wasn't aware an error would appear so quickly. I just wanted to see if there were any errors just from adding them in and starting the game up (I do this with every script) so when that popped up, I decided to just mention the error.

I'll mess with the configurations now, thanks and I apologize for that.

7. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yeah, it is because the engine reads the modules and defined contstants outside of a class first, than the initialization method of the classes, and only after that, the game starts up.

If anything goes wrong before the game startup, than it is an error in the mentioned things above.

And since the affixes are defined constants outside of a class, the error will pop up even before your game can start up.

Although, I don't remember where I put the enchant configuration in my script, in the module itself of outside of the module.

I will need to re-check that when I get home, because there might be some malfunctions if I put it inside the module.

Regardless, the script will work both ways, but if I have put them into my module, than they can not be set up in Vlue's script, I guess, and I want to keep that ability.

EDIT:

Turns out, it doesn't matter if it is inside a module or not, so everything is fine. :)  

And don't apologize, it is not needed. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
    MHRob likes this.
  8. Naridar

Naridar Giver of omnomberries Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Would it be possible to add multiple prefix/suffix enchants to an item, with all effects applying, and the name being the most expensive one? (e.g. add venomous for 600G and blinding for 450G and the name will be venomous but it'll inflict both blinding and poison)

9. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The actual name appearing on the item and the effects are not controlled by my script.

That is configured in Vlue's script.

Adding multiple prefixes or multiple affixes on items is not possible and not even needed, because you can add as many features as you want for a prefix/suffix.

I use the method from Vlue's script to add enchants on items at will. That means it will run through the whole method of adding a prefix/suffix on an item, which means it will add any affix names which you have configured in Vlue's script settings.

Aside from using the affix adding methods, the 2 scripts are not connected in any other way.

I haven't even changed anything in the methods, just added an extra argument for them to take over the specified affixes instead of the default random affixes made with note-tags.

What you ask can not be done right now, and would require modifications made in Vlue's and in my script too. I will see if I can make it, but right now, that is not on the top of my list.

It is an interesting idea, and would cut down the length of the item names for sure.

10. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Script updated!

Refer to the change log to see what is new!

My new extension script is released too, which will let you make randomized items with randomized effects. Some other features are included too, if you are using some other custom scripts with it.

Happy enchanting! :)

11. MisterTorgue

MisterTorgue Explosioooooooons! Veteran

First Language:
    Explosions!
    So I need the attached snippet and then your script as well? just so I know I dont only put 1 in and need both!

Can't check it out as on my bad laptop at the moment =[

From the screenshots this looks amazing, I have a lot of Wep / Arm RA stuff already set up, so putting enchanting in is great!

A couple of questions;

1)  Can you make certain 'enchantments' not available? (as I have legendary ones that are from my treasure maps) and I don't want them gain able any other way!  Realised you can use a call specific prefixes / suffixes, however is there anyway to call the full list and put a script call for exceptions?

2) Can you make enchantments require different items rather than 'gold'? (I am guessing you can :) )  Answered

3) Is there any way that you could make an enchantment require a previous enchantment?

For example: Dagger = you can poison to make Poison Dagger (causes regular poison)

Poison Dagger + Toxic prefix = Toxic Dagger. But you can't go straight from Dagger to Toxic Dagger?

@Naridar you could just have Prefixes of Venom (Poison) Blinding (Blind) and Toxic (Blind and Poison) if you want different prefixes to cause different thinks, as multiple prefixes isn't possible.

EDIT: Also, can you overwrite an old enchantment / remove an enchantment to try your luck again?

(as I know at present I have someone who can roll a blank weapon, but if he gets another dagger, it doesn't count as the same original dagger so it doesn't let you try enchant it again (as it doesn't use your item database after it's rolled)

Double Edit;

#   Some examples:

#   

#     prefixes = [1,2,3,4,5,6]

#     suffixes = [7,8,9,13,44]

#     enchant_scene(prefixes,suffixes,true)

Does this for instance, pull the IDs from the Vlue Script?

Ah I see, you basically need to copy over the affixes from vlues to yours as well to mirror them over!

Starting to click now the script loaded on this laptop ^.^

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
  12. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Wow, lotsa questions! :D

For the requirements, you need either one of the attached snippets OR my extension script, not both!

1. You can not call an exception list at the moment.

But now that you mention it, I could make that and a call for simply adding all enchants at once.

For the meantime, you can make a script call which looks like this:

@list1 = @list2 = []AFFIXES.each do |id| case id when x..y @list1.push(id) when z..w @list2.push(id) endendenchant_scene(@list1,@list2)The 'x..y' means the starting and ending ID for prefixes.The 'z..w' means the starting and anding ID for suffixes.

This can only be used if you arranged your affixes by prefixes and suffixes in order.

3. Never tried that, but it should be possible by checking the name of the item and comparing it with the required affix's ':name' setup. I will see if I can make that happen.

Yes, you can re-roll any item if you enabled the Enable_ReEnchant option.

And yeah, that example you crossed does pull the IDs from Vlue's script. But in order to avoid crashes, you must setup the enchant info for any affixes used on the enchant scene as well.

Just when I started my menu engine script, you gave me some work to do! >.> :D

13. MisterTorgue

First Language:
    Explosions!
    I will start implementing this script soon, want to get all my enchants sorted on vlue's then once I have them all sorted, put this in so I don't get confused with what ones I have and haven't migrated over.

But this script fits so perfectly into my treasure hunter style game!

Thank you so much :)

14. MisterTorgue

First Language:
    Explosions!
    Not been able to test too much but finally imported and copied everything over to both so they all match, game loads fine e.c.t.

(can't test as at work at the moment!)

However I had to put the cleanse / skip affixes in. but how do I make them so they can cleanse an enchant? as at the moment they have my default affix set up before I modify them so I can add them to the game....?

for instance in your enchant script it has

AFFIXES[41][:enc_info] = ["Skip Prefix", 43,    0, [0,1,2],  nil, 100, true]

AFFIXES[41][:enc_desc] = "No enchant will be added for prefix!"

I currently have.

41 => { :name => "Skill Skip (Prefix) ", :Shp => 1,

:features => [[21,0,1.25]] },  

Game loads fine so guessing the script is fine else it would hurl an error at me straight away!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  15. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Affix 41 looks like this in Vlue's script for me:

41 => {},

An item getting this enchant will be cleared from the prefix/suffix.

No extra names, no extra features or stats, only the basic item remains after the enchant.

So, selecting this enchant for the prefix will clear the item from the prefix, and selecting this enchant for the suffix will clear the item from any suffixes.

Skip, as in leave the prefix or suffix alone without clearing them and enchant only one or the other is not possible currently, if I remember right. I will add that feature in the next update.

16. MisterTorgue

First Language:
    Explosions!
    Ahh cool, so 41 and 42 need to be just blank on Vlues

and set up in yours as 41, 42 (to clear pre and suffix) will just stay as they are, thanks for the quick response!!

Taken me a while to move everything over so its all right, just need to test the script call in game now for the enchant shop calls :)

but game loads up so its a good start!

Do you have a hub of scripts you have created? as I would like to keep an eye on your works :)

(also hope you had a good new year and christmas!)

EDIT: got a little confused

4 that I dont understand I have in

AFFIXES[41][:enc_info] = ["Skip Prefix", 43,    0, [0,1,2],  nil, 100, true]

AFFIXES[41][:enc_desc] = "No enchant will be added for prefix!"

AFFIXES[42][:enc_info] = ["Skip Suffix", 44,    0, [0,1,2],  nil, 100, true]

AFFIXES[42][:enc_desc] = "No enchant will be added for suffix!"

AFFIXES[5][:enc_info] = ["Scroll of Cleanse (Prefix)", 43,  500, [0,1,2],  59, 100]

AFFIXES[5][:enc_desc] = "Clears any prefixes on your item!"

AFFIXES[40][:enc_info] = ["Scroll of Cleanse (Suffix)", 44,  500, [0,1,2],  60, 100]

AFFIXES[40][:enc_desc] = "Clears any suffixes on your item!"

Would my Vlue 5 and 40 need to be blank as well?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  17. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Most of my scripts can be found in my signature. Some of them are missing, I haven't included minor snippets I made for others.

I do plan to make a master demo with all of my scripts, because I keep using the same methods in my scripts over and over, so it would be much better to make a Core script and use my new, repetitive methods from there. I know many people think that Core scripts will cause some incompatibilities with other scripts, which is possible, but mine will contain only my new methods, no aliases, no overwrites.

The master demo will come after the release of my menu engine script(s), which will take a while to get released (already working on it).

Thank you for your interest! :)

And thanks, the holidays were fine, I am glad that the fuss is over! :)

Ohh, sorry, haven't seen your edit! o.o

Both of those do the same function for now. The first two was supposed to be the skip prefix/suffix command without clearing them, but I haven't managed to make that work.

Basically, you can simply change the last two to be something else, because there is no point to have 2 of the same prefixes/suffixes, right?

Btw, you can change the enchant setups in my script, those are sample setups. You can add, remove or change everything how you want.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  18. Vis_Mage

Vis_Mage Novice Magician Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I can't tell you how long I've been searching for a complex enchant system! I can finally rid myself of the messy evented one I've been using! :D

I do have a quick question, though. It is possible to re-enchant an item, but instead of replacing the old enchant with the new one, having the enchants stack? For example, what I was hoping to do is set up the system with 15 or so sword enchants. Say the first time I get "Fire Aspect". Later, I try to enchant the Fire Aspect sword again, and end up getting "Sharpness". Could I have the sword have all the bonuses from the previously gotten Fire Aspect, and the newly gotten Sharpness enchants? 

Sixth likes this.
  19. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That would require quite an edit for the enchant system.

I plan to update this script in the future, but I can't tell you when that will be, because I am working on a big script right now, which will need a lot more time to finish.

The suggestions given were pretty good, so I will certainly try to implement most of them sooner or later.

20. Vis_Mage

Vis_Mage Novice Magician Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks for your quick response! By all means, take your time. I'll just be sure to check back on the script every now and again.

I did run into a bit of an error though, although it's more likely than not an error on how I set things up. I did some setting up in Vlue's script, and commented out the unused id's in your script. The game launches just fine, but whenever I try to use the script call "enchant_scene", I get the fallowing error:

line 1444 NoMethodError

undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass

I figured I just had something set up wrong in one of the scripts, so I pasted in a fresh copy of the three scripts, and fixed the comments again, although I ended up with the same error. Seeing as others have got it working without issue, I'm sure it's an issue on my end, but if it isn't too much of a burden, could you list the general steps one could take to configure the enchantment script with a fresh copy of Vlue's script. From there, I shouldn't have much issue building upon the default setup.