atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm planning to make an Adventure/Exploring type of game in RPG Maker MV.

I think I'd like it to be unencrypted. Almost everything is fine since it'll mostly be entirely RTP and etc.

The only problem is, I may decide to use a plugin I purchased. I don't want everyone to be able to open the project and take it, so I was wondering if there is a way to encrypt a plugin, or a few plugins, only? Otherwise encrypt all plugins only?

I may decide to encrypt a few resources I've edited too, would it be possible to encrypt a few resources but not all of them as well/either?

Many thanks for any guidance or answers!

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Search for mv cook tool.

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Poryg Thanks, I'm trying to learn to use the tool but it keeps saying "The nwjs Compiler is missing." and I don't think I have a nwjs file when deploying the project, since I untick and don't have any encryption on images nor audio, I think that's the reason I don't have one?

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to tell the cook tool where the compiler is. The compiler is nwjc.exe
It's inside the MV's folder, inside nwjs-test folder or something.

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Poryg Thank you for all the help! I think I've now understood how to use the MV Cook Tool to decrypt all the plugins, but is there a way to decrypt only certain plugins instead of all of them?

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think there should be. Msking a dummy úroject with just those plugins you want to encrypt should work, then you copy the remaining data.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I managed to fix my car at last... :biggrin:

I'm proud of what I have achieved with my project. Don't mind with the Spanish, Ill add more languages.
Our garage has been so full since moving we haven't been able to get our car in. Storm night before last (no hail), storms forecast for last night & today. I convinced hubby we should clean out the garage and we managed to get it done and get the car in. Hail last night! Just in time!
Taller RTP Characters, Rewrite Dialogues w/ AI, & Simple Event AI & Shooting | RPG Maker News #37

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodeorodent