Encrypted game doesn't show custom menu pictures

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Haydeos, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Haydeos

Haydeos The Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm using SumRndmDude's Menu Backgrounnds plugin, Version 2.05.

They work fine while play-testing and also when I deployed the game without encrypting the files.

However, when I encrypt the deployed game files, the backgrounds are missing, it becomes a black background.

What am I missing?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    that sounds as if that plugin can't handle encrypted files - in this case you'll have to ask @SumRndmDde for an update enabling that function.
    Also make sure that your projects core (that is different from the editor) is up-to-date

3. SumRndmDde

SumRndmDde Follower of RNGesus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The plugin does not do anything "special" when it comes to loading images, and I haven't received any reports of this plugin not working with encryption (despite how relatively old it is), so I doubt that there's a problem with the encryption itself.

Could you perhaps check to make sure the background images are included with the exported game?
    Maybe you may have checked "Exclude Unused Files" unintentionally? :kaoswt2:

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    another question:
    which version are the core files of your project?
    There was someone who couldn't encrypt without errors because the project's core files were too old and couldn't handle encryption.

5. Haydeos

Haydeos The Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My core JS files are all 1.4.1

I'm also not excluding any unused files, I've tried moving it around in the plugin order all with the same result.

I've also tried reinstalling or just turning off other window related plugins.

I have also now just tried removing the plugin itself, redownloading it & renaming the images. Still nothing.

I've also now tried installing the plugin & needed images on an entirely new & clean game, with ALMOST the same results: Not encrypted works as intended. Encrypted gives an error "Failed to Load: img/SumRndmDde/menu/Menu.png"

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017