PixelBoy360

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've mostly made this game in Windows but I also wanted to make a Mac application and make sure it's encrypted. Does anyone have any ideas or sources?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe you can only deploy to Mac on a Mac.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MacOS uses a different file system than Windows, and making an MacOS-App requires setting a special flag on the file system that does not exist on a NTFS-based drive.

Theoretically it is possible to deploy to MacOS from Windows and then use a filesystem editor to create that flag when copying to a MacOS drive - but practically that is beyond most users.
So it is much easier to deploy to MacOS from an MacOS computer as that automatically handles the flags.

and if you are on a MacOS computer, you can either use the default encryption or any MacOS-Based security wrapper.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Moving this thread to the MV Deployment board where there's more specialized knowledge about this kind of thing.

PixelBoy360

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ok, so I've discovered that the encryption option in RPG Maker MV works for the mac deployment more than windows. You don't need the surrounding files just the .app file. SO you don't need and third party encryption software for mac.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can hopefully move onto doing visual effects and sound design now. :kaophew:

The latest RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue starts now! Let's jump into Kamigami: Clash of the Gods!

Title Screen 100% Finished
Evangeline.png
I'm starting to enjoy doing pixel art! Not to mention it's getting easier to do commissions :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrMomake