NeoShima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone, I'm preparing my game to the beta and I want to know, how do I encrypt my game! I have to encrypt all, graphics, music, data e.t.c. All of it is custom made by myself! I know that RPGMMV has an encryption function, my game core is older and it can't encrypt my game properly, and it's doesn't encrypt music and data as I know. So, I love this forum, because here awesome people that know everything. Could you help me again? How to encrypt a game?

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You've probably already found the Deployment button (under File). I believe it has an "Encryption" option for both images and audio files.

1590194825707.png
This is what it looks like for me. Does it look like this for you?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
my game core is older and it can't encrypt my game properly
If you project core version is that old that you can't use the default encryption, then I strongly suggest updating it as it will also contain several memory leaks if it is that old.

NeoShima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you project core version is that old that you can't use the default encryption, then I strongly suggest updating it as it will also contain several memory leaks if it is that old.
Yeah, I know that I need to update core, but idk how...

NeoShima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You've probably already found the Deployment button (under File). I believe it has an "Encryption" option for both images and audio files.

View attachment 144831
This is what it looks like for me. Does it look like this for you?
Thank you for your answer, but as I say already this function don't encrypt game properly, cuz my game core is older than my rpgmmv version. I have to update the game core but IDK how...

NeoShima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean by game core? Does it have to do with updating RPG Maker or something else?
Look, as I already know. When I compile my game using the encryption function, for me It doesn't encrypt data but encrypts graphics and music. And one big BUT, when I try to launch the game it doesn't work.
I read about it on the forums and a lot of people say that "If you first time create your game at RPGMMV version 1.2, then update your RPGMMV to the last version with the encryption function. Your game will not encrypt and work properly because something went wrong with files paths". When I started to make my game, my RPGMMV version was 1.2., now I have 1.6.1. I don't know what means "update your game core" honestly. But everyone said that I have to do that.

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, um. Have you tried deploying it without encryption and the try encrypting it after that? Do you put in an encryption key in the box? If worse comes to worse, you could always try to manually transferring the project to a new project. Does encryption work on new games?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
every update topic about MV here on this forum contains instructions on how to update existing projects to the same core version, just look up the latest MV update (1.6.1 or 1.6.2)

NeoShima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, um. Have you tried deploying it without encryption and the try encrypting it after that? Do you put in an encryption key in the box? If worse comes to worse, you could always try to manually transferring the project to a new project. Does encryption work on new games?
Okay, thanks! I have updated my game core and encryption function is work now, but there is another problem! Data folder in www folder is not being encrypted, how I can do this?

NeoShima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
every update topic about MV here on this forum contains instructions on how to update existing projects to the same core version, just look up the latest MV update (1.6.1 or 1.6.2)
You are my life-saver! It's working! But Data folder in www folder is not being encrypted, how I can encrypt this too?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Data folder in www folder is not being encrypted, how I can do this?
by deleting the www folder and repairing the packages file (copy it from a new project).

There must never be a www folder inside your project folder, because that folder is for deployment only.
and if it exists in your project folder then you made the mistake of deploying into your project folder, which is a no-go that destroys your playtest options.

NeoShima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
by deleting the www folder and repairing the packages file (copy it from a new project).

There must never be a www folder inside your project folder, because that folder is for deployment only.
and if it exists in your project folder then you made the mistake of deploying into your project folder, which is a no-go that destroys your playtest options.
If I delete www folder game doesn't start. Package.json file is already in the main directory. I don't understand, can you explain what do you mean?

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

@NeoShima, please avoid double-posting (you triple-posted a few hours ago).

(If you need to respond to multiple people, use the Multi-Quote function: Click the "+Quote" button on each post, then scroll to the text entry box near the bottom of the page and click the "INSERT QUOTES" button. If you need to add something else and you are still the last person to post in the thread, use the "Edit" button to add it to your last post.)

NeoShima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[MOD]@NeoShima, please avoid double-posting (you triple-posted a few hours ago).[/MOD]
(If you need to respond to multiple people, use the Multi-Quote function: Click the "+Quote" button on each post, then scroll to the text entry box near the bottom of the page and click the "INSERT QUOTES" button. If you need to add something else and you are still the last person to post in the thread, use the "Edit" button to add it to your last post.)
Okay, sorry about this.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Package.json file is already in the main directory.
a damaged and wrong package.json is in your folder, that is why I told you to repair it by replacing it with one from a new project. after that your playtest will work without the www folder.

and at the moment your playtest ignores all changes to the project, because the editor changes the main data folder only , while your playtest takes the unchanging www/data folder.

NeoShima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a damaged and wrong package.json is in your folder, that is why I told you to repair it by replacing it with one from a new project. after that, your playtest will work without the www folder.

and at the moment your playtest ignores all changes to the project, because the editor changes the main data folder only, while your playtest takes the unchanging www/data folder.
Hm, still don't work. Look what I have been done.
1)Compile game with encrypt.
2) Copy-paste "package.json" from a new, empty project to my compiled game folder.
3) Deleting the "www" folder from the compiled game folder.
4) Run Game.exe in the compiled game folder.
And it gives me an error "File not found". In path "www/index.html". I've created the "www" folder and put there the only index.html, and of course, it doesn't work cuz don't see game files. Im so stupid or what? Can you show me what I did wrong? Thanks for your support!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Can't believe I forgot to put an image of my drawing pad! It looks kinda like this, maybe I'll get a better pic tomorrow...
Backup tip: If you don't want to back up your whole project every day, at least back up everything *except* your Image and Audio folders, which you can do weekly/as needed/etc.
The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T
Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tauron7