Savior of Astoria
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
All,

Since I intend to release a commercial game *eventually*, I've been looking into what comes after game creation has been finalized.  I'm seeing many, many opinions on Encryption, and that there are "degrees" of encryption.  What is the acceptable route to go?  Do I have to hire someone to do it, or will Tsukihime's process work/is it acceptable?  

Here is Hime's link...

http://himeworks.com/2015/01/how-to-encrypt-your-rpg-maker-game/

I've also heard that Steam will do it for you, or itchio will... general thoughts from people who've gone the commercial route would be greatly appreciated.

Luke

Golden Unicorn Gaming

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
First question. Are you using RPG Maker MV, or one of the RGSSx based makers? (RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker VX, RPG Maker VX Ace)

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Personally I go with the standard VX Ace encryption.

For Steam specifically I use their DRM wrapper around the standard exe-file + a script call.

For non-Steam releases I would follow the guidelines presented here:

*hugs*

- Zeriab

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevechtrs