Encyclopedia Script for NPCs

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by SadAndHungry, Jun 16, 2014.

1. SadAndHungry

SadAndHungry Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I am requesting a very easy-to-use encyclopedia script for strictly NPCs. I would like it to be very customizable with a name, description, and picture of the npc. I am very bad at scripting, so I cannot figure out CSCA's encyclopedia.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unfortunately, those two sentences are going against each other. The problem is that the script needs to get the information about the NPCs from somewhere, and the default engine has no place to store such information.

You need to be able to give the script the information about the NPCs, especially if you want it to be very customizable.

That requires you to learn how to enter data into scripts.

And you don't need to know scripting, you only need to know how to enter data into a script, in order to use the CSCA encyclopedia.

Given how much work it is to create a complete journal or encyclopedia system, you'll be a lot faster if you post questions about how to use the encyclopedia script into the script support forum and learn how to do that.

You would have to learn how to do that anyway, either in the CSCA encyclopedia or in a script that is written for you, so you probably gain nothing by asking for a different script that does the same as the encyclopedia.

3. SadAndHungry

SadAndHungry Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Ohhhh, okay. I'm very sorry. I can enter things into a script just fine, but some things just don't seem to be working for me. For example, I only want the custom part of his encyclopedia, but the encyclopedia option does not even show up in my menu, even though I have his core script and menu management scripts.