End of Battle Events?

Ichida za Zeal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I know there's a plugin for checking existing event triggers at the end of combat, but is there a plugin that will trigger an event specifically when the battle is over?

The reason I ask is the only event trigger I can set up in the Troops menu is for when one particular enemy is at 0% HP, but I don't want my "end of battle event" to trigger if that one enemy is killed and others are still on screen, and obviously I can't set up Conditional Branches for other enemies' HP.

Basically the reason I want this is because I have a team of characters that are basically parodies of Power Rangers and I want them to de-morph at the end of non-boss battles.

So... can anyone help?

Joewoof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How about this. On each map, place one Autorun Event called After Battle. In After Battle, you demorph your characters. The Autorun Event only triggers when Battle Fought Trigger is ON. So what you would be looking at is:

1. Add Yanfly's Base Troop Event plugin. This allows you to apply one Troop Event to all Troops.

2. In your Base Troop Event, Turn 0, set Battle Fought Trigger to ON.

3. In Autorun After Battle Event placed on each map, set Battle Fought Trigger to OFF, then demorph your characters. Make sure you use a Common Event so that you don't have to copy/paste further changes later on.

There, done!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ichida za Zeal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That worked.

While I don't like having to put parallel events on every map, that does solve the problem, and I understand that I couldn't make it a Common Event or else it would run during battles.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That worked.

While I don't like having to put parallel events on every map, that does solve the problem, and I understand that I couldn't make it a Common Event or else it would run during battles.
wrong - you can replace all those parralel process map events with a single parallel process common event.
No parallel process will work during battle, no matter if from a map event or common event.

thehackeryacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What if you need the character switched back so they can recieve the EXP instead of the replacement? I have a common event to "summon" a replacement for the actor, but want the summon character to return and the original back before the victory aftermath...also if the summon characters HP reaches 0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)
so like with the whole 'familiarity breeds contempt thingy', how are you supposed to tell if your title screen/battle music gets really tedious after a few dozen plays or if you're just personally hella sick of it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heis