End of TP, End of Battle

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm looking to make a battle end after your TP runs out, but I'm not sure how to do that or if I need a plugin. I've looked around, but haven't found any other topics dealing with this either. Any ideas?

Meike

||Telling Stories Through Games||
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have ideas, I tested it by showing a message when a party members TP reached below 15 (the default way TP is used and gained made it difficult to test when it hit 0). It would require Yanfly's Base Troop Events so that all your enemy troops had the event page and then creating an event page that checks for the party member's TP at turn end for the span of every turn and you'd create a conditional branch and on tab 4 you can use a script and you'd check :
$gameParty.members()[0].tp <= 0

This depends on how many party members are in your party, and what you wanted to do when you loose, as say, sending them to the last inn they were at will require adding more to your event page, but if you want to check TP and do something when it reaches an amount this is a start.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I mostly agree with @Meike's approach. I would also recommend using Hime's Custom Page Conditions plugin, in order to use the TP check as a Page Condition so that you can check at every moment (without any significant performance loss) whether the party is out of TP rather than checking once per turn. Depending on whether you want to check whether one character's TP is gone or check whether your entire party's TP is gone, your JavaScript condition will look a little bit different. You can ask in "Learning JS" if you need help figuring out how to write that condition.

And of course, the page itself will use the Abort Battle command.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the ideas, guys! I haven’t tried them out yet so we’ll see how that goes... in the meantime though I’ve run into another problem. I wanted to prevent characters from gaining TP through damage and wanted to be able to fill the TP gauge at certain points during the game via events. I was going to use Sumrandomdude’s plugin TP Upgrade to accomplish this, but it doesn’t seem to agree with the rest of my plugins. Whenever I have it on odd things happen during battle(enemies constantly inflicting states on you when they should be attacking, the battle stopping after a turn or two..). So I’m back to not knowing what to do for this. Any ideas?

Meike

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's Enhanced TP should do what you need as far as controlling how an actor gains/loose TP in battle, and then with event commands it's actually much easier: Tab 1 under Actors there is a Change TP... option.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh right... should’ve thought of that. Guess that’s it for now then. Thanks, Meike!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so, I tried out the TP game end thing and it worked, mostly. It's still only doing a game over at the end of a turn. Which means I can still get an extra move in, even though my TP is at 0. I'm using Hime's plugin, but I'm not sure what page condition to use in order to make it run at the proper time. I've set up my plugin page conditions, but in the battle page you're forced to pick one of their premade conditions. Which condition do I need to use?

Meike

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I went to Hime's plugin page for that plugin and the bottom advises this:

If you want it to run at anytime, reserve a switch that will always be ON and then use that as the default troop page condition.
She has a screenshot there of what she means. Have you done that?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally got the TP running correctly last night. Thanks so much for the help you two!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!
Finally told my boss I need a day off. Tomorrow will be my first in 23 days.
Kind of a goofy question but has the pandemic inspired you in any way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magidonsa