End Phase Triggers

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Have you ever had a situation where your troop events didn't seem to run in battle? For example, when the last enemy has been defeated and you want more enemies to appear, you found that instead of the enemies appearing, you simply won the battle?

By default, when the last actor or enemy has been defeated, the game will immediately go to victory or defeat processing. This means that if you have an event that should run after the last enemy has fallen, that event will be ignored.

You may have discovered workarounds such as setting your enemies to "immortal" so that you can run your events, but is there an easier way to handle this?

The purpose of this plugin is to address the issue that I have described. By simply inserting this into your project, the game will perform an extra check before the end of battle to see whether there are any events that can be run, and proceed to run them!

More information and downloads are available at HimeWorks

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
they should have fix this problem :D . thanks for another great plugin. :D .

Syndicate

Pandora Network
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Excellent! Fantastic as always Tsukihime.

I was having to do an immortal state, then a 0% HP Moment to trigger a knockout and eventually +1 a variable (for a monster slayer quest).

But this - just cuts out the nonsense and gets right to it!!

Thanks very much.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Someone reported that when end phase triggers are used with yanfly's victory aftermath, any common events that are reserved during the victory processing will be executed as well during this time.

This is not a bug. This is in fact the expected result because my plugin will attempt to run events *whenever it can*, if it is given an opportunity to do so.

In the case of yanfly's victory aftermath, in between the time exp, gold, and drops are given to the party and when the victory windows appear, events can run at this point.

So for example, when used in conjunction with Level Up Events, when the actors level up during battle, the common events will run BEFORE the victory windows appear because the EXP is awarded beforehand.

If this is undesirable, you would need to provide a patch to your game that will further control when events can run.

I have updated the plugin to a new version to make this process easier, but it would still require someone to go and provide a plugin patch to change when the events can run.

Code:
/* Determines whether events can run or not */BattleManager.canRunEvents = function() {  return true;}
So for example, if you don't want any events to run during yanfly's victory phase, you would modify this to say something like

Code:
/* Determines whether events can run or not */BattleManager.canRunEvents = function() {  if (BattleManager.isVictoryPhase()){    return false;  }  return true;}

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordCola